It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aurora-the anonymous craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
[br]
this is the myterious craft which the people in las vegas say to have spotted it .

[edit on 21-12-2005 by laughingmanintheshell]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
And just think that when and if the aurora is ever revealed to the public
its because they alrdy something else top secret that can replace it.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
QUOTE : " this is the myterious craft which the people in las vegas say to have spotted it . "

to be pedantic , its an artists concept , this site : fas_article gives most of the details

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Aurora Lifting Body

I found this pic of a lifting body used by a US company a few years back when it was trying to determine the effects of hypersonic flight on aircraft.
Kinda looks like the conceptual(?) Aurora.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by BlackThorn311]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Many threads have already been made about this subject... Some think that the project is closed, some not... 6.4 mach sounds pretty much in my ears...
But that's just me...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My question is...how squirrely is the plane at Mach 5 + ? What if you make a sudden turn at this speed, would it tear the pilots suit and body apart?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThorn311
Aurora Lifting Body

I found this pic of a lifting body used by a US company a few years back when it was trying to determine the effects of hypersonic flight on aircraft.
Kinda looks like the conceptual(?) Aurora.

If I'm not mistakened the ELAC-1 waverider design was a project concerning the hypersonic flow on a narrow-nosed, delta-winged waverider, which hypothetically would have been a dual stage to orbit vehicle. The project concluded in the late 90's and was associated mostly with European aerospace corporate and academic interests.
Where this may be a likeness to what the "Aurora" might look like, it is definitely a European designed airframe.

Originally posted by magnito_student
My question is...how squirrely is the plane at Mach 5 + ? What if you make a sudden turn at this speed, would it tear the pilots suit and body apart?

An aircraft travelling at Mach 5+ is not going to be doing aerobatics. It would be a travelling in as straight of a line as possible, and turns would probably be made in very slight single digit degrees.

Why isn't this thread in the Aircraft Projects section?

[edit on 12-21-2005 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ummm , lets not forget that back in the 60's
the x-15 Flew at Mach 6 at 30% throttle . and it still had 70% more to go.

So dont assume that we havent made aircraft in the last 40 yrs that cant
fly just as fast or faster than that.

if we do have aircraft like that, we prob wouldnt use them untill the next world ward or unless something threaten the USA with total destruction.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
Ummm , lets not forget that back in the 60's
the x-15 Flew at Mach 6 at 30% throttle . and it still had 70% more to go.

So dont assume that we havent made aircraft in the last 40 yrs that cant
fly just as fast or faster than that.

if we do have aircraft like that, we prob wouldnt use them untill the next world ward or unless something threaten the USA with total destruction.

The skeptic would argue that the X-15 was a rocketplane and that the hurdle that the USAF is desirous of jumping is getting X-15 performance out of a long-range, reusable power source such as a scramjet.

I personally am not skeptical that something like that is flying in a black program somewhere, but I've been around ATS long enough to know that is one of the first objections a skeptic will raise.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think its perfectly real, I mean....theres no reason its not possible. We've already successfully publically tested the scramjet.

I agree with intelgurl, why isnt this in aircraft forum?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
QUOTE : "My question is...how squirrely is the plane at Mach 5 + ? What if you make a sudden turn at this speed, would it tear the pilots suit and body apart?"

the glib answer is it doesn`t , the turn circle of the SR-71 was huge ,, a mach 6 manned recon platform yould have worse handling

but , there was a quote from an SR-71 pilot that springs to mind [ and i paraphrase : " yeah though i walk through the valley of death , i have no fear , for i am at 80 thousand feet and climbing "

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i had a math professor who worked for that project he would always hint to it and some neat gizmos that made it a reality.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
as for stabilaty at increced mach any plane with that much thrust would be a point and go aircraft like the SR-71 you do the turning before you get going and the key part is to handel those G's the piolet sits in a "gel" bath to drasticly reduce the effects

new topics

top topics

join