It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Python 2.2.1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have this on my computer, but no way to access it. I don't know what it is, although from the search I did, it seems like a legitimate program.

www.python.org...

[edit on 2005/12/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Python is a programing language. If I'm not mistaken, it's not compiled but interpreted on the same level as Perl or PHP languages are.

Maybe it got on your computer from another homemade software you installed. It's not spyware or anything, see it more like the engine of the software that would have installed it as a dependency.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe it came along with open office. It doesn't seem to hurt anything and nothing picks it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi Grady,

Probably no need to fear, Python is indeed legit.

Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.

Here is a list of commercial organizations that use Python such as Yahoo, and Google.

If your PC is from a large manufacturer, and it came with a method of restoring your PC to the original factory settings, they may have used Python on a hidden partition of your hard drive to perform the task.

Best of Luck

[edit on 12/21/05 by makeitso]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
python is widely used, its a cross-platform object oriented language like java but with more native support. linux seems to use it more than windows

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Try seeing what other programs were installed around the same time.

If you want to keep it for some reason, you should update it. Version 3 is out now.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Python is a general-purpose high-level programming language.[2] Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability.[3] Python claims to "[combine] remarkable power with very clear syntax",[4] and its standard library is large and comprehensive. Its use of indentation as block delimiters is unusual among popular programming languages.

wikipedia

I am an engineer and we use Python quite a lot for creating certain web apps.
You can find it comes in a lot of software development kits provided by Google and other open source distributes.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Scooby Doo]

top topics

join