It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Castle Hamburgers...Should I try them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have never eaten food from White Castle. My friends are divided on this issue. Some of my friends really love white castle hamburgers while others friends hate them with a strong passion. I am a little curious as to what they taste like. I like a good burger and I don’t mind onions. So, should I give them a try or not? YAY or NAY on the White Castle Burger?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Square burgers!?!! Now I've seen it all!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Square burgers!?!! Now I've seen it all!

Wendy's meat patties are square.

Originally posted by zerotime
So, should I give them a try or not? YAY or NAY on the White Castle Burger?

I haven't eaten at a White Castle in maybe 35 years, but there is only one way to find out and that is to eat one. One won't kill you, or break the bank, either.

[edit on 2005/12/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Edible, and cheap.
Not bad. It won't cost much to find out..
It just a hamburger, a tiny little buget.
ALthough, there is a secret ingredient in the beef.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Baby food right?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

*Shivers* I heard moaning, I really hope it's not....

Ok, sorry, on to more seriousness, I have never heard of this place, I've heard of Harry and Kumar go to WhiteCastle, but I've never heard of it as a hamburger place.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Baby food right?

zacktly...
beef babyfood I guess it makes a great binder. LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't have White Castle where I live. I've only seen a copy-cat recipe on the web.

Also look up at the Google ads at the top of this page. None of us have mentioned any burger chain other than White Castle and Wendy's. I wonder why it brings up ads for their competitors...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I know that you can get them in some grocery stores..
frozen of course.
But I recall back in the 80's some people were relocated to the west, from whitecastles headquarters..and they placed, the worlds largest carryout order..they were delivered frozen, to arizona. from Ohio (I think it was Ohio)

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
They're good...you can even get microwavable frozen versions in the grocery store if there are no restaurants near you.

In the south, they have an almost identical fast food restaurant called Krystal.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Definitely give a white castle burger a try. Not that it's good but then you will always "know" what a white castle is about.

Incidentally, white castle was the first "fast food" burger...it started in the early 20's. At the time, as the legend goes, they hired a couple of college students to live on them for a month....the first incident of that kind only to be replicated in the documentary, "Supersize Me".

Personally, it's been a few years since I've had one (or ten) and I already miss those steamed burgers and buns covered in steamed onions with two pickle slices. Eating ten of them is a breeze but, alas, you really feel them later. And let me say, they can cause far more than a breeze (if you know what I mean). But, with time, you forget about the gastric disturbances that they inevitably cause and you crave them again.

They bring back a lot of memories for me as me and brother would go in and order twenty or thirty of them and devour them. And you were FULL for way less then you'd spend at any other fast food "joint".

YES...definitely, you got to give them a try

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Besides,

There was never a movie called "Harold and Kumar go to Wendys"?
Was there?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not a big fan of the White Castle Burger...but they are hands-down the cheapest meal you'll get outside of dumpster diving.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I tryed them but didnt find anything to impressing about them , I think the big to do is just a fad name made them popular because I see no differnce otherwise.

IT'S ALL IN THE ADVERTISING boys and girls , either way you look at it its food whats so special they are just the original version of a frenzy like crispy creme.....barf !!!

[edit on 20-12-2005 by skizem]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I love White Castle Burgers...

Greasy, moist, oniony and cheap.

Buy a whole bag of em...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
White Castles aint to bad, when you have been drinking and then they are heaven on earth.

Their onion chips are my favorite, but the next morning beware; try to stay in a well ventilated area.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I tried White Castle today. The burgers were not too bad and for 49 cents each the meal was cheap. I do like Wendys. I would have to say that Wendys is probably my favorite burger joint, but I will be going back to White Castle in the future.

new topics

top topics

join