It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico retaliates for US wall. What?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

This article basically sums up the problem the US has with ILLEGAL immigration from Mexico. They are breaking the laws of the US by ILLEGALLY crossing the border. Yet they feel it is shameful and a disgrace for the US to put up a wall. "Like the Berlin wall" one said. Are you kidding me. The mexicans believe it is their right to cross the border. There is not one mention in that article of this being ILLEGAL. However, i did find hope in the fact that the mexican govt is informing the illegals of their compensation rights. Thats right, go ahead and sue the company you worked for because you cut your finger with a hedge clipper. Forget the fact that you have worked here illegally and not contributed a tax dollar. They keep this up and their value to employers will plummet.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yeah, amazing! This Texas PR firm said our 'views on immigration would improve' if we just knew how well democracy and the economy were doing in Mexico. (Reality check: I wish them the best, but that has nothing to do with my opposition to ILLEGAL immigration!)

And the Mexican government, as a form of retaliation, is going to help people sue the US employers? I'm all for that, and think it's a wonderful idea. It will stop American companies from hiring people who are here illegally.

Especially good was the (Mexican) guy they quoted saying "It's against what we see as part of our life, our culture, our territory." OUR TERRITORY?? I don't think so.

Hey, maybe the Mexican government should really retaliate ... by building their own wall. Tit for tat, right?

LEGAL immigration is wonderful for America (my wife is an immigrant). But uncontrolled, illegal immigration has to stop.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The Mexicans see all of the Southwestern US as their land, that’s why the Mexican government is HELPING and promoting ILLEGAL immigration into the US. They think that they have a right to just waltz in here if they feel like it. Then they complain when we try to protect our national sovereignty and enforce OUR border.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again.

I want a 10 foot wall along our boarder. I want a mine field in front of that wall. I want snipers and machine gunners posted on the wall. I want Apaches flying along that wall. I want any person coming within 500 yards of that wall to be shot.

After a month of this the illegal immigration won't be a problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Preach AMM! I totally agree, we put the National Guard on the border for one month illegal immigration will fall drastically. Let's see how many people cross when they know there are armed soldiers on the other side.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ok, so lets pull all the money out of S. california, Arizona, Texas, and NM... and give it to them... they are already the majority in those areas...

take all the infrastructure that we built with American money... all the water works, and public services... and pull out.

And of course all the welfare support.

In 5 years, we can go back in, clean out the bones, reclaim it and start over...
5 years is all it would take for those 4 states to look like mexico.

It is American ingenuity (and greed) that has enabled people to even be able to live in those states (some of texas and NM would be liveable)... but california/arizona is going to die of thirst in 5 years anyway without further water projects.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I brought up the fence talk in another thread.

Dont forget the Canadian wall.........

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You all seem to jump on that word "illegal".

Is that really the reason you hate Mexicans crossing the border?

What would you do if you were poor and desperate, your family had nothing, and just across a "border' was the land of oportuneaty (not that it really is) where you could maybe work to keep your family alive?

What would you do?

The word Illegal would be meaningless to you. You oh so law abiding citizens.
Who made it illegal to cross lands in the first place? There was a time a person could wander as they wished in the America's, long before the white Europeans came here and created their 'borders'.

So forgetting the "illegal" label how about some real reasons you all don't want Mexicans/Latino's in your country?

Because if the law was the only problem you have with it, why not change the law instead of wanting your wall? Wouldn't that be easier?
But the law is not the real reason is it?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You all seem to jump on that word "illegal".

Is that really the reason you hate Mexicans crossing the border?

Yes.

I have no problem with LEGAL immegration. That is what my nation was built on. I have a problm with millions of Illegal immegrents taking jobs from legal Americans.

What would you do if you were poor and desperate, your family had nothing, and just across a "border' was the land of oportuneaty (not that it really is) where you could maybe work to keep your family alive?

What would you do?

LEGALLY come to America.

The word Illegal would be meaningless to you. You oh so law abiding citizens.

No, it would not be meaningless. I have a sense of right and wrong. It is wrong to illegally enter another nation.

Who made it illegal to cross lands in the first place? There was a time a person could wander as they wished in the America's, long before the white Europeans came here and created their 'borders'.

The US did. It is OUR nation and WE made it illegal.

So forgetting the "illegal" label how about some real reasons you all don't want Mexicans/Latino's in your country?

THey take away jobs from people who already live here. They pay no taxes.

Because if the law was the only problem you have with it, why not change the law instead of wanting your wall? Wouldn't that be easier?
But the law is not the real reason is it?

We don't change it because we can't just let every person into our nation. It isn't practical.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Typical liberal tactic ANOK...try to make this into a racist issue... :shk:

The truth is that we don't want people here whose first act in this country is breaking its law! Is that too hard for you to understand? And illegal immigration from Mexico is unfair to others, like Eastern Europeans who also would like to immigrate to this country. I'm for a fair immigration policy that gives equal treatment to immigrants from anywhere in the world who'd like to come here and integrate into our society and follow our laws.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Considering the land was theirs and we forcefully took it from them you can't neccessarily deny them the right to return to what was originally theres. I myself am of Hispanic descent, and it is no secret to all that the United States has done some very vile things in it's time to defend "democracy" in the Western Hemisphere.

While a wall is certainly not the answer, the need to end Illegal immigration is certainly an urgent issue, and I hope that we may find a better answer than erecting this horrid wall.

How is it in essence any different from the Berlin Wall? While that wall was meant to keep people In This one is to keep people Out the message is still the same - We are too frightened and incompetent to come up with a better solution!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
ANOK I’m going to be frank, I really don't care if they are poor, and I don’t care that their county is a wasteland. It’s their governments job to fix that up for them, it’s not our responsibly. However you are right about one thing, we should change the law so that we prosecute every company that hires illegal immigrants. We should change the law and allow the National Guard to be stationed on he US/Mexican border.

And don't give me some fantasy you’re having about being a world citizen and being able to go wherever you want, this isn't la la land.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The point is that a wall will not solve the issue.

Does anyone truly think that a wall will fix the problem?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How is it in essence any different from the Berlin Wall? While that wall was meant to keep people In This one is to keep people Out the message is still the same - We are too frightened and incompetent to come up with a better solution!

No, it is very different. This wall is meant to protect US sovereignty and stop illegal immigration. The only way we can end illegal immigration is by shutting down the means by which people can get into this country.

And I suggest you read about the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

[edit on 20-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Not until they see the ridiculous construction bill and fruitless results, It seems that some truly think a wall will be the solution.

I only dread what's next - A Carribean wall that spans the Florida coast to stop those evil Cubans and Haitians from getting in?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Of course it'll work, or at least 95% work...in the small area where a wall already exists, the problem of illegals crossing has dropped from epidemic levels to nearly zero.

I say build the wall. It's probably cheaper in the long run then putting enough troops and/or police on the border.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Westpoint - Consider the state of US foreign relations. Do you truly see this wall as an answer? Alienating a major part of the US population will only create more enemies, and even worse a new brooding den for those who wish to do us harm, right in our own streets and homes.

We have enough enemies as it is, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The problem with uncontrolled illegal immigration is the huge burden that it presents to the average taxpayer.

The businesses that hire illegals get a HUGE subsidy in the form of not having to pay the taxes for them.

The hospitals will not turn away someone who needs medical attention regardless of their ability to pay or whether they are here legally. This is one of the largest problems in border states. Everyone talks about the ever-increasing cost of healthcare, but they avoid the reason for that. When my child was born the hospital charged our insurance $10,000. Know why? They had to pay for the half-dozen deliveries for people having babies with no ability to pay, many of them illegal immigrants.

When people say that the border crossers are just looking for work they are ignoring the blatant and flagrant abuse of safety nets set up by the US government for its citizens and financed by the taxes which they do not pay. We have had people sneak across the border SPECIFICALLY to get free medical treatment from some of the best trained doctors in the world.

No, I don't blame the people. If you put the cookie on the counter and leave the child alone with a stool you know what will happen. The wall is to protect US citizens. It will be paid for by citizens, and it will cost a lot less than all of the handouts that are currently being given out.

Also, Mexico doesn't want the illegal immigration to stop because workers in the US sending money back to Mexico is something like 20% of their GDP.

Berlin wall, please, I suppose the Great Wall of China represents tyranny also.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The truth is that we don't want people here whose first act in this country is breaking its law!.

Well then like I said why not change the law? If that is your only problem with the issue...

Who the hell made it "illegal" in the first place? Can you tell me?

All the original white european imigrants were illegal, no? Oh wait I forget the natives didn't create laws like that, you did

Sorry if I see this as a racist issue, but what else is it?

If you think it's jobs then you are uninformed.
If you think it's crime then you are uninformed.

Illegals take jobs white Americans won't do.
More crime is commited by White Americans than illegals.

Think about it, you come here (illegaly) to make money to send home to your family, why would you risk getting caught by commiting crime?

It's quite natural for Mexicans to want to come here to work, they are migrant by nature, just like the native indians were.

I find it hard to believe you folks are getting so angry over just commiting a so called "illegal" act. There IS more to the issue than that.

What are you going to do about the many Euro's who FLY here, and stay "ILLEGALY". There are thousands, and guess what? They take the jobs YOU would do. Not low paying farm jobs or whatever that the Mexicans get.
But you don't hear about that on Fox do you? I wonder why

[edit on 20/12/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No not on its own. A wall has to be manned and it has to be watched and enforced 24/7 by enough people to span it’s entire length. We also need to strictly prosecute any and all companies who hire illegal immigrants. We need to build more holding faculties to keep immigrants that get through until they can be deported back. We also need to change the system so that illegal aliens are deported back ASAP, no delay, and no trial hearing.
We need to make and enforce laws that make it virtually impossible to do anything in this country if you don't have the proper documents showing that you a here legally.

After that, we need to detain and deport all illegal immigrants already here in the US. Do all of those things and I guarantee you will virtually end illegal immigration.

And if people say this is too expensive, I say look a how much of you tax $$$ is being spent to support illegal aliens already here, who don't pay taxes like you and me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join