It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalin's half-man, half-ape super-warriors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

THE Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ordered the creation of Planet of the Apes-style warriors by crossing humans with apes, according to recently uncovered secret documents.

Moscow archives show that in the mid-1920s Russia's top animal breeding scientist, Ilya Ivanov, was ordered to turn his skills from horse and animal work to the quest for a super-warrior.

news.scotsman.com...

It sometimes amazes me at what historical dictators done in the past to change the outlook they had on our future. I know he failed miserably with this project, but just imagine if they had had the technological advances to actually succeed.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sounds like the rumours of the infamous Pigman

You do realize, of course what you are suggesting here is impossible?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I know it's impossible. Just suppose though that one day someone could come up with that kind of technology.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Whoa. He actually wanted to do it?

Thats whacked. Completely whacked. Evil Soviet bastards. Thank the world's one true god that we defeated them.

*salutes the american flag, wipes single tear from eye*

Seriously tho, he actually wanted to do this!

the Politburo in Moscow passed the request to the Academy of Science with the order to build a "living war machine". [...]And there was intense pressure to find a new labour force, particularly one that would not complain

He returned to the Soviet Union, only to see experiments in Georgia to use monkey sperm in human volunteers similarly fail

Whoa. Who the heck volunteers for that!

[quote\]For his expensive failure, he was sentenced to five years' jail, which was later commuted to five years' exile in the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan in 1931.
What he was trying was pretty digusting, trying to make half-man slaves. So I can't say I feel bad for him.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's said that Hitler also wanted to create "breeding farms". Sick . :shk:

mod edit of censor circumvention

[edit on 20-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hmmm, you could say old Iosif Stalin was bit twisted, could you not?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I certainly wouldn't want to be the man they put into the dimly lit room with a randy female ape..

It'd take a lot more than a bottle of wine and some kenny G to get me in the mood....

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What scares me is how much of the secret Soviet things have been kept so.....secret.

We probably don't know 1/100 of what was going on.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Let us not forget that the Nazi's were working on Aquatic Warriors, wondering about things like a man with webbed feet and gills, while keeping the opposable thumbs on his hands.

The thing isn't whether these things are or are not possible, but that people decided to ATTEMPT THEM. The Soviets ATTEMPTED to mate man and gorilla.

Now, let's do this. Let's think about the Fiction of the World. There was once a time when man wrote about Flying Machines. Impossible, but they wrote.

There was a time when man wrote about travelling the entire length of the World. Can't be done, but they wrote it.

There was a time when man wrote about weapons that could destroy massive amounts of soilders. I mean, we all realize this is just Fiction, right?

Travel to the Stars? Nope. Adventure and Map the Ocean? Nope.

Obviously these things can't happen due to many things. Things like Religion. After all, since Man is God's greatest gift it's plain to see the everything in the Universe revolves around the Earth... and if it doesn't then it simply doesn't exist. Rain? Merely tears falling from the Heavens due to Angels crying over the sins/sorrows of the World.

Sarcasim aside, this is the whole of it. We are in a time where we can develope a fetus in a lab, outside of a human body. We are in a time where we can genetically engineer sheep. Where we are reading the lines of DNA itself. True, we have yet to master these things, and it is very debateable if we should even be attempting such things. But these things are on the cusp of Technology, and are here in our very day.

That a visionary (evil though they were, Stalin and Hitler and many others were brillant and visionaries.... even if sick or demented) had to idea that his people could create such things is truly scary. After all, what if Science had evolved enough in one area of the world for one sick ruler to R&D such things? The fact that it was even throught of by a man capable of attempting such a thing speaks volumes.

As Vernes has wrote so has Science grown. First you take the impossible. Next, you make it possible.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Stalin was a very evil man more so then Hitler IMHO. He also did have a interest in some weird stuff like psychics, UFOs. So I wouldnt really be shocked if he tried something like this.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

He returned to the Soviet Union, only to see experiments in Georgia to use monkey sperm in human volunteers similarly fail

Whoa. Who the heck volunteers for that!

Remember this is Soviet Russia, volunteering means you are told to do something and you do it rather than getting shot or put in the gulag.

Look at the guy who's job it was to do it, he failed through no real fault of his own and see what happened to him, he was lucky to last as long as he did, his death sounds a tad suspicious as well, dying of 'cold' in a railway station, more like poisoned umbrella tip or similar

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
dean koontz' best book, watchers, is based on a military bred ape-man warrior. great book

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Any animal with closely related genetic coding can be ''crossed'' as with donkeys and horses making mules so it seems entirly possible to make a monkey man if your sick enough to try!!
heres an light article from ------------------------- on this very subject.

www....-------------------------/library/cryptozoology/humanzee/

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There have been rumours of Humanzee's ( human-chimpanzee hybrids ) for along time. If you were going to try to mix a human with any ape through mating Chimpanzees would be the logic choice since they share so much of the genetic code. Like pieman pointed out Hybrids of close related animals are indeed possible mules are a great example so are Ligers a mix of a (Lion and Tiger) though hybrids of this type tend to be sterile about 99.9%.

Some people think this ape named oliver (the one in pieman's link) is a Humanzee. He walks upright and is genetically different from any know chimp. There was a more recent blood test once they found Oliver again he was missing for a number of years, that seem to show he has 48 chromosomes rather then the earlier tested 47. The correct number for chimps but he had some weird variation in his genetic code that match up with no other chimp.

I think these type of crude Hybrids could indeed be made but I have lots of doubts that they would be practical in any military sense. Perhaps a good slave labor force for menial labor but I wouldn't be putting them into battle.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I beleave this story is true and I think Stalin was crazy enough to explore this alternative.

If this experiment was successful, It would have been only a matter of time before these "Ape's" realized that they are being used and than woulda turned on their masters.

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
If this experiment was successful, It would have been only a matter of time before these "Ape's" realized that they are being used and than woulda turned on their masters.

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

Of course that sounds too much like the the movie 'Planet of the Apes'. Where they rule the world and the humans are the slaves.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've read elsewhere that various Soviet dictators had dabbled in the methods/science of "Zombieification".

They believed that if they could turn their own citizens into an army of mindless cannibals in the event of a NATO invasion that the weak Western armies would run in fear, and that they could then easily come back and clean up their own mess.

They also dreamt of applying this same method of Zombieification, if I remember correctly was the bombardment of high levels of radiation and various chemicals on civilian populations, on the citizens of major US/European cities to throw them into disarray and then easily crush them with their own armed forces.

The Cold War was full of whacky ideas, one current discussion is being held on the Soviet implementation of Teslas Death Ray. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As funny or non-sensical as this stuff sounds, the scary side of it all is that world leaders would even consider taking steps like these to achieve victory

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticHeart
Of course that sounds too much like the the movie 'Planet of the Apes'. Where they rule the world and the humans are the slaves.

Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... that was our planet! You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

Curse you Dr. Zaius

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am always surprised when people say something is impossible but i find it especially ironic when it happens on this forum. Why is it that some people are willing to make this claim when we still know so little about evolutionary biology and genetics?

Stellar

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Human DNA is NOT 99.99% accurate with Chimp DNA. That's a misconception due to an innacurate method of splicing genes and putting the Nucleotides back together. According to this method, the simplest prokaryote has 99% similar DNA to humans. The single biggest problem with the method is that it doesn't distinguish between our useless 90-98% DNA introns obtained via Viral infections and then transmitted throughout generations, and the "true" DNA used for translation and transcription.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Nakash]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join