It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google earth, area 51/sundown spring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I was playing with Google earth and came up upon something peculiar.

I searched for Area 51. Then I started to follow a road leading north. I came to a place called "sundown spring". There one can see these huge green cirlcles. What are they? Are they grass or something? In the middle of the desert? 20 of these circles exist.

One might think that they are some kind of watering system, but I doubt that. What made this more interesting is that when I zoomed out I saw more than three areas in the mountains with exact same green circles. . have you seen these?

I'd want to know what you think of them.. Why are there these circles in the middle of nowhere?

Thanx.

Tuk

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Without looking, (i don't have gmaps on this comp) i would say that those are practice bombing targets.
That is if those circles are in military zone, if they are not in MZ, they are probably landing sites for Ufos..

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Those green circles are the irrigation stations used by Penoyer Farms next to Rachel.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think you are seeing what is known as 'rotary crop irrigation'.

Here a couple of threads,
Green circles north of groom lake?
Area 51 secrets unveiled by Google

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The green circles I found all along another highway to the west quite a bit. I also found a couple of dark black ones, right next to a couple that had just been harvested.The green circles are interesting, but there's something else I found which is specifically why I came back to this site after having been gone so long.

I also, like you, followed some roads around. I found it odd that many roads formed strange patterns or ran uncharacteristically flat across mountainous terrain. But enough of that. Area 51 doesn't allow the final few degrees of zoom over it, as well as several other areas that are near there. You can find the borders of these areas if you are bored enough and zoom into seemingly abandoned little airstrips, but these still have full level zoom left on them and I was able to see cars and even an airplane on the strip. All of that was in dirt, unpaved to attract less attention I would presume. There were also strange configurations that are several miles across with perfect lines. You can zoom in to a certain degree and then the "image isn't available" nonsense. None of this is what brought me here.

I found something else. There was first a few target looking things that I found odd but then excused as target practice for planes, even though these targets were much larger than a building or whatever a real plane might really target in battle. But enough. I found this thing that I wish I could screen capture and post here, I hope someone else will do it for me before it disappears. As of now, you can zoom in all the way on it. It is a giant triangle with concentric rings within. Each side looks to be atleast a half a mile long. The lines look like roads to me but who know what the hell was going on there.

Here is how to find it. It is on the border of areas that don't allow full zooming so you have to stay zoomed out to get to it. First get on the "Extraterrestrial Highway" / Highway 375 at Caliente, Nevada and go west on that road until you find the first of the green crop circle looking things. There should be about 20 of them. One of them is just a 3/4 one. Some of them are in little groups together. You need to zoom in on these a little bit. Zoom in until you've got all of them just filling up the viewing screen. It won't allow you to zoom in all the way on this area. Start dragging your screen directly west from there. Go about one screens width and you will pass into sandy or brown images. When you see the line between the greener images and the sandy images zoom in a couple more times and you can see where the government has censored the images if you try to drag back to the east. Stay at this zoom level and drag north about two or three screen lengths until you see a darkish line extending to the west. Keep this line at the top of the viewing screen and drag the screen about 3 or 4 viewing screens to the west. You should see this wierd thing. You can zoom in all the way there if you like and examine it. It's fairly large.

Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incognita
The green circles I found all along another highway to the west quite a bit. I also found a couple of dark black ones, right next to a couple that had just been harvested.The green circles are interesting, but there's something else I found which is specifically why I came back to this site after having been gone so long...

The "what's the green circles" question seems to
surface about every two weeks.

Do yourself a favor and download the google earth
add on's for A-51 and browse the serious research
done at dreamlandresort.com.

All of your observations, the triangles, the targets,
the straight lines cut into the mtns, have been studied and
dissected for years.

Sarge

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was flying from Boston to San Fransisco in July and became aware of many of these circles stretching across America. I took photographs of them from the plane. I am very curious about them.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hank

Yes, either the bombing targets or pastures, fields, etc. In the west, we use circular fields so that we can use a centralized arm with wheels on it to water the crops. It's quite nice, really.

new topics

top topics

join