It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Booming Noises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'll just thrown this out here...it may or may not have anything to do with UFO's at all but I'm curious.

Not two hours ago I was in contact with a friend who has had numerous encounters with "Aliens". She says that she seens them often hidden in cloud formations and often seems them when I cannot. At any rate, she said that she heard strang booming noses coming from outside - like dynamite under water - and posited that they could be aliens. I asked her if she had reported it and she said, "yes, I talked to the sherrif and he said that others were reporting on it as well. " Though I am typically a skeptic, I tend to believe her and I also know personally that this region of Southern Arkansas is prone to extra-terrestrial activity.

Are these sounds congruent with any of your experiences with them?

Light,
Wicked

[edit on 20/12/05 by WickedStar]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sounds like an interesting story. Exactly where are you located though? I live about an hour from Eglin AFB and people report booming noises all the time from live artillery being fired and bombs being dropped. Personally, I have not had any experiences like this. Could you find any more information to the story for us to all hear?

[edit on 12/20/0505 by brodband]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
As of yet, I don't know that the story will be reported on the News. I'll let you know as I know. As for location: She is located not far from a place we call the "area." It's place is home to several goverment funded factories or bases including a missle propulsion factory. However, my mother works in the area. When I asked her if she heard anything tonight she said that she heard nothing out of the ordinary.
However, we are not but a few miles - fewer than 70 from Pine Bluff which holds an Air Force Base as well as a chemical wepons destruction plant.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
anyone ever find out or hear of the underground noise ?. that was heard in a few states out west/mid west last year i think it was.
may have been the year before, i heard about it on the radio.
maybe its starting again.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Check this out: Re: Boomswww.abovetopsecret.com...'

Weird stuff but explains why there are so many booms around

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
its when their ship accelerates it creates a huge BOOM

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thank you all for your contributions. My friend and I both rulled out sonic booms as the noises seemed to repeat rhymithically in 30-45 second intravals. However, the idea concernig underground processing gave me pause.

Wicked

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
LOL

i doubt very seriously its sonic booms.
i grew up in the air force. Mom,Dad both airforce. we lived just outside airbases all my life.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
Thank you all for your contributions. My friend and I both rulled out sonic booms as the noises seemed to repeat rhymithically in 30-45 second intravals. However, the idea concernig underground processing gave me pause.

Wicked

you should check into it , it was big news for awhile 2 yrs ago i think.
I first heard about it on Coast to Coast am with art and george .
it seems that alot of people could hear it , but then some people didnt hear anything. And the interesting thing was , it was heard in several states by
alot of different people.

Some people reported sonic boom like noises that seem to come from underground while others reported noises like a freight train under ground and the sound would rise and fall in rythym.
very strange .. i havent heard anything about in awhile . but after i read what you said , thats the first thing i thought of. sounds alot like what other people said.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok...now I'm kinda freaked out. Last night, me and a friend were chillin and we started hearing the booming noises. When I asked him what it sounded like, he described them to me the same way my other friend did. WACKO! However, we were right in the middle of North Little Rock next to Jacksonville Air Force Base.

Strange

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
O i know what you guys are talking about.

Well, it was reported that the reptiles are digging in that area and the drum beat is just so the slave reptiles can dig in a rythmic stright line.

WATCH OUT! they are going to punch through! BOOM! boom! BOOM! boom!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Tex,

Thanks for responding, where does this information regarding the reptiles in my area come from? I'd like to research it.

Wicked

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't think the noises are alien in origin, however I have heard them. Several years ago I heard them a lot, so did others, and nobody could explain what they were. I live just outside of Beale AFB in Northern CA and they seemd to be coming from that direction. The only thing I could think of was the PDW engines of "Aurora" when it would transient base there. Or so, I've been told.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
Tex,

Thanks for responding, where does this information regarding the reptiles in my area come from? I'd like to research it.

Wicked

Google + searching the word REPTILE = 4million pages.

Personally and seroiusly here in texas there are sounds like what you are hearing all the time. REMEMBER, this is oil country. There are tons of places in Texas where if you sit out at night you can here the oil rigs blasting with underground dynomite. What you are hearing might be that but who knows. Why don't you and a couple friends head out there take a camera, video cam, and cell phones you have at least three recordings of the sound and place. Then convert it into a wave file and post it here so we can all here what you are hearing.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
"My friend and I both rulled out sonic booms as the noises seemed to repeat rhymithically in 30-45 second intravals."

Sounds suspiciously like the distinctive mating call of a waterbird called a Bittern. You said it was heard near a lake?

A very bassy "Boom" at regular intervals.

No sh*t.

Google a soundbite of it and see if it fits the bill. It can be extremely loud.

Probably not the answer you were looking for (?)

V

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
identify.whatbird.com...

The American Bittern is found in Arkansas, there's also a soundbite on that page of one of its calls which sounds a lot like an explosion underwater.

I will also say that that soundbite is just one of its calls, it has many, one of which is a more conventional booming sound. The bittern is a classic heard but never seen bird, and if you were to see it you'd be surprised that such a noise came from a small innocuous looking creature.

Perhaps with a bit of searching you could find a soundbite of its more traditional "Boom" call.

Hope this helps.

V

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks Victor.

I don't think that this bird is what I'm looking for though. I'm an ornithologist by hobby and I'm familiar with this bird. It's quite famous down here. These sounds were extremely loud. As of yet, I've only heard it once; however, I will take your suggestion though and record it the next time we hear it.

Thx,
Wicked

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
sonic booms.

or perhaps you have been eating burritos for the past couple of days ?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
'Mystery Booms' have been around for some time and are not easily explained away. Charles Fort reported these occurrences at length back at the turn of the century.

new topics

top topics

join