It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Don't you guys ever think you might be slightly paranoid? I'm interested in future military tech and other things, that's why i came here. But it sounds like some of you people believe in Yetis and Roswell and crop circles.
Am I wrong?

Is this the company one must keep in order to discuss real secretive issues? A bunch of insane conspiracy theorists, readily drawing up parallels to their frightened minds with the actual real world.

Please tell me that my haphazard, laissez-faire scan of these boards is some kind of prejudiced view, and that you people are not all mid-life crisis hippys like "Malcolm in the Middle's dad" who are involved in some kind of rage against the machine.

I want Typhoon vs Raptor combat statistics, not some bull# about abominable snowmen.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by evilgus]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If you haven't noticed, ATS and all it's subboards such as PTS and BTS cater to many different views. You don't have to indulge in the paranormal or wierd if that is not your cup of tea, use the MYATS feature above to subscribe only to those forums, topics and threads that interest you.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Come on in... there's room for everybody... and it won't hurt a bit...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't like to thik I am paranoid so much as that I just like to think for myself ... sometimes

All it takes is one lil thing for U to question and it begins

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilgus
Paranoid?

Why do you want to know? Do you work for the government?

jk

Don't you guys ever think you might be slightly paranoid? I'm interested in future military tech and other things, that's why i came here. But it sounds like some of you people believe in Yetis and Roswell and crop circles.
Am I wrong?

Sure I'm paranoid. I think I'm healthy in my paranoia though. I could never go through life believing in eveything that people tell me and following everyone’s orders.
Many people here believe in "Yetis and Roswell and crop circles" but we challenge the information brought to us. In the end you have to look at the evidence and decide what to believe in. Maybe after you read some more threads on those subjects your beliefs may change.
We should all have an open mind but also be skeptical.
Mark Twain said, "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

Is this the company one must keep in order to discuss real secretive issues? A bunch of insane conspiracy theorists, readily drawing up parallels to their frightened minds with the actual real world.

I personally don't think that any of us here are "insane." Sure some are trolls and attention seekers but the management here is pretty good at keeping the content of this site under control.

Please tell me that my haphazard, laissez-faire scan of these boards is some kind of prejudiced view, and that you people are not all mid-life crisis hippys like "Malcolm in the Middle's dad" who are involved in some kind of rage against the machine.

I want Typhoon vs Raptor combat statistics, not some bull# about abominable snowmen.

Then stick to the Aircraft Projects and Military & Government Projects boards. You don't have to visit the Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts or the Aliens & UFOs boards. But you should at least respect your fellow members. We all come from different walks of life, there are many different people in this world.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'll give it a go, but i have to admit i'm always going to be slightly pensive just in case someone tries to use freemasonery or global warming in an entirely unrelated context.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
evilgus, that is a pet peeve for most of us. The membership is pretty good for staying on topic, rarely will you see on the peak oil board someone involving aliens into the picture.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You know, not everyone has to believe the way you do, evilgus.

Some people here are more paranoid than others, some are more sane than others, that doesn't make them any less welcome than you are.

This website, is for everyone, including you, not for just you.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

But it sounds like some of you people believe in Yetis and Roswell and crop circles.

Are you trying to say that the Yetis did not meet at Roswell to design the Crop Circles???

As one of the aforementioned "some" I can say that you are not wrong, some of us do accept the possibility or at least question these things.

"Is this the company one must keep in order to discuss real secretive issues?"

YES!!! Sort of like a Family reunion, you can usually find an Embarassment or two. It looks like you have found me already.

"Please tell me that my haphazard, laissez-faire scan of these boards is some kind of prejudiced view, ..."

I could tell you that, but I prefer the truth. It sounds like you have at least some of us figured out already. I see that you are new here. It took me just a bit longer to figure out what you just did. Congratulations!
I'd like to suggest that you bounce around a little bit more. Sometimes you can find that seemingly unrelated topics are Very related. If you don't want to keep an open mind about some topics, read for a few laughs. They are here.
By the way, Welcome.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by rawiea]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

No, in all honesty, yes, people believe things, but, look at it from their point of you - you DON'T believe in some of these things. That's just as worse, isn't it? Disagree, don't hate, and don't insult. Deny Ignorance.

Pick the fora you like, and post there. I guarantee that, if you stay here for a month or two, you'll be posting and reading and saying things you never thought you would.

Oh, and you might be interested in the Weaponry and Aircraft Projects boards.

[edit on 12/20/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think the whole point is you have to allow everyone to have their own views. Otherwise you end up with a completley fachist world...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What makes you so sure that none of this "crazy UFO freak" stuff isn't true? There are many different points of view, and just because someone may think one way, and you may think the other, that doesn't make them crazy. It just makes you ignorant.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by JBurns]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilgus
Am I wrong?

A lot of members on ATS like to believe in the super natural that is true, but their numbers are a minority and since ATS is a conspiracy site this kind of threads are tolerated. But a large majority of people are wiser and see these threads for what they are.
I suggest you do the same.

and that you people are not all mid-life crisis hippys like "Malcolm in the Middle's dad" who are involved in some kind of rage against the machine.

Rage against the Machine! Now that was good music!!
Their are many kinds of people on ATS and it is upto you to discern the kinds of people that you can potentially learn from and those that you want to avoid. Give it time, you will find what you are looking for !!

Well, I think 1 year ago we had on ATS a lot of that F16Vs Mig29 etc etc threads, all the plane stats and the thrust/weight ratio's flying all around ATS. People debated each side ferociously and in the end some conclusions were formed and some knowledge was learned but in the end the futility of such an exercise was understood and such threads have stopped appearing.
If you are still interested I suggest you use the search feature and you will find all that the plane stats you are looking for. Sadly/Gladly, that period has passed.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by evilgus]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

But it sounds like some of you people believe in Yetis and Roswell and crop circles.

Have you ever closely examined the evidence both for and against Yetis, Roswell, and Crop Circles?

There are quite a few accounts of Yetis, and the idea of an undiscovered primate in one of the most remote places on Earth is hardly a crackpot idea. If I recall correctly, the Silverback Gorilla was long thought a myth until discovered in recent times. The same is true with other cryptids.... Take the Ceolocanth for instance, thought extinct for MILLIONS of years, until someone caught a live one back in the 70s... Such is life.

I've laid out the case for Roswell in numerous and lengthy posts. The evidence is largely in support of the Mogul explanation being completely bogus, and also strongly supports the recovery of an alien craft.

Crop Circles on the other hand, are (in my opinion), most likely the product of hoaxers, and this has been demonstrated in many cases. Yes, there are researchers who will tell you that this bending is impossible, radiation, etc., etc., but the bottom line is, there's very little evidence to prove these are not man-made, and even less linking them substantially to alien activity.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'd have to say its the phrase "Deny Ignorance" that really brought me to become a member of this site.

I cant stand it when people denounce things before they even look at what it is. No matter how rediculous your environment seems, you have to analyze it, failure to do so is ignorant, and quite often suicidal. I mean, look at what happened to those poor bastards at Chernobyl. They refused to believe that Russian made equipment running the coolant systems on the reactor could ever fail, and hence, they could run the tests without the failsafes. They were ignorant. They paid for their ignorance with their lives, and the lives of those nearby and trying to help with the desaster.

The scary thing is, I've been seeing an increase of 'acceptable ignorance' in the United States lately. Mainly in the area of nationalism, and the only purpose for a hike in nationalism throught history has been another impending war.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The scary thing is, I've been seeing an increase of 'acceptable ignorance' in the United States lately. Mainly in the area of nationalism, and the only purpose for a hike in nationalism throught history has been another impending war.

Don't forget the villainization of a certain minority group to blame for problems... For Hitler, it was the Jews, for Bush...Muslims. What's even more frightening is what we saw right after 911, such as floating ideas about confining muslims, etc. Have we learned nothing from history? Luckily, this nationalism and targetting of a blame group seems to be petering off...and that is definitely a good thing..... it's fine to have pride in your nation...but not to let it blind you to what that nation stands for....

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What's even more frightening is what we saw right after 911, such as floating ideas about confining muslims, etc. Have we learned nothing from history? Luckily, this nationalism and targetting of a blame group seems to be petering off...and that is definitely a good thing..... it's fine to have pride in your nation...but not to let it blind you to what that nation stands for....

I agree with your main points, but I am not sure that the targetting is petering off. I do see many more likeable/intelligent people posting that stuff on other boards. It has become more insiduous I think.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Paranoid?

Only around LEOs

A bunch of insane conspiracy theorists: An Open Mind is Priceless.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Don't you guys ever think you might be slightly paranoid?

Paranoia is not actually a negative frame of mind. I believe it may actually be our inner child @ work. Paranoia fuels our imaginations, feeds our curiosities, and also, only speaking for myself on this one, sets me apart from most of the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact I think it says a lot about a person's character. We who theorize conspiracies are challenging the "common system of beliefs", at whatever costs,be they public humiliation, condemnation by friends and/or relatives, or in today's modern world of the information highway, having our e-mails-web searches-even telephone calls closely analyzed, recorded, surveilled. So you see, it is MOO that we conspiracy theorists, no matter our favorite conspiracy topic, are THE ass, brass, class of intelligent, independent thinkers of this world of so called "coincidences". After all, what do you think was the public opinion of Christopher Columbus (and I also have opinions about that topic for another thread) when he set sail from Spain in 1492 as the only man alive claiming that our planet Earth is actually a sphere rather than the "pancake" it was always thought be? It is also my conviction that the only time paranoia is a bad state of mind, is when the person experiencing the state of paranoia is either on the brink of or deeply immersed in schizophrenia. Little happens all around us everyday that SHOULDN'T raise doubts. It's all about your standard of judgement and your ability to either ACCEPT or DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Evilgus, try going to BTS once in a while. There's a lot of Non-paranormal stuff there and many, many topics that have nothing to do with conspiracies. I admit there's a lot of nutty people there, myself included, but that's just my point. It's the lighter side of AboveTopSecret.

Also, have you tried to start a new thread on the topics that interest you?

Try different forums, to find more like-minded people. But don't forget, there will always be some people that are critics and skeptics of everything. But don't let that get you down.

Have fun, for God's sake!

Larry.

[edit on 3/26/2006 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join