It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor photos of unexciting object

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Walking out of my house, I just happened to notice this object high in the northern sky. It did not appear to be moving and was visible for many minutes. It remained long enough for me to go back in the house and get my daughters Sony digital camera. I took these photos about a year ago. I live in Illinois about 20 miles south of the Wisconsin border and 30 miles west of Lake Michigan. I've noticed that some people on this ATS site are good at digital imaging. I would appreciate any help in the identification of this thing.

Theox

external image

link to full sized image
img45.imageshack.us...

external image

link to full sized image
img45.imageshack.us...

external image

link to full sized image
img45.imageshack.us...

(mod edit to reduce size of large images)

[edit on 19-12-2005 by pantha]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
lol,"Poor photos of unexciting object" That sounds exactly like my last UFO experience.

Here is a close up of your UFO.

The pictures of mine were around the same quality.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Interesting...but I can't really tell what it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hello

Interesting pictures. The object seems to have a tubular shape, the center being transparent. How did the objet disappeared ?

Thank you

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Could be ANYTHING. Not really worth looking at.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
On the contrary. It seems to be a cylinder (as stated) with silver ends or caps (looks more likely) and a transparent core or one which is of a similar colour to the sky.
How did it disappear? Did it appear to be rotating?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Interesting...but I can't really tell what it is.

That would make it an unidentified flying object

Could be ANYTHING. Not really worth looking at.

Anything? It doesn't look like a plane or a helicopter. Most things flying above us are easy to pick out regardless of photo quality. If it is not worth looking at, why is it worth posting a reply about? Theox, was nice enough to see a UFO, photograph it, and post it here for us to take a look at.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you want any help with your thread titles in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

I think it looks interesting. What part of the sky was it in? Can we rule out it being a planet?

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Looks like a weather balloon with its payload of sensors.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The object did not appear to be rotating. I couldn't detect any movement at all. There was a steady breeze from west to east, about 5 to 15 mph ground speed. It was due north at about 60 to75 degrees of angle up from the horizon. I don't know how it disappeared. After 10 or 15 minutes of looking at it, eye-strain started to set in. I took a walk around the house to let my eyes relax for a few minutes. When I went back to look again, it was gone. I checked for a few minutes, as the object had been easy to spot, but difficult to look at. It was like spotting a speck of ketchup on a clean white apron. The camera shows it much better than my eyes saw it. Time of day was approx noonish, the sun was behond me and I was standing in the shadow of my 2 story house.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The thread title is one of the most HONEST and PRECISE descriptors I've seen on ATS.

One knows exactly what one gets when viewing this thread. Though in an ironic twist, Theox, it's actually a bit more interesting than originally claimed. Could be a weather balloon. Or a surveillance probe. Or a NWO mind-control device. Or a flying drive-through-bank-deposit-tube.

Perhaps this will help: www.laufo.com...

[edit on 20-12-2005 by enhancedesign]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by enhancedesign
The thread title is one of the most HONEST and PRECISE descriptors I've seen on ATS.

One knows exactly what one gets when viewing this thread. Though in an ironic twist, Theox, it's actually a bit more interesting than originally claimed. Could be a weather balloon. Or a surveillance probe. Or a NWO mind-control device. Or a flying drive-through-bank-deposit-tube.

Perhaps this will help: www.laufo.com...

[edit on 20-12-2005 by enhancedesign]

woah the pic in that link looks just like theox's photo! what is it? someone post a pic of a weather ballon.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by kevo]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hey Theox, I'm from the same area. Nice to see more chicagoans on here woot! I'm from the northwest suburbs, Buffalo Grove to be exact. Where you from? I had a UFO siting about 6 years ago in Buffalo Grove. TTYL

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Umbrax,

Thanks much for the enlargement. I'm sorry my photo sucked so much.
I have to get some better equipment.

enhancedesign,

Major Thanks for the Sonora link.

I'm glad somebody else got a shot of that thing.

This was on the site also:

It looks similar to stuff I saw in '97.

Theox

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Theox]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think it's pretty interesting. I can't tell what it is!! Strange shape...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't think your object looks like a weather balloon.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I vote for weather balloon.

Despite Alpha's fine post, balloons come in a wide variety of configurations. Most used to be white or see-through (!) rather than orange. Many are much larger than the one he submitted, especially if they have a large radio weatherstation payload. Many are also cylanders rather than upside-down tear drops.

I have been fooled by a weather balloon before. I called the cops who came to my house. They were very honest and helpful, and intrigued. They suggested Venus, until I pulled out my Southern Farmers Almanac, and showed them that venus was an evening star, and that in any case, Venus is never more than 47 degrees from the Sun, due to the fact that its an inferior (interior) planet.

Finally when it became stationary, I hauled a telescope out of the basement (one of FIVE to choose from!). Sure enough as we watched through the scope, N O became visible as the thing slowly rotated in the wind, eventually revealing N O A A !

Man, that was back in high school. Haven't thought about that in 20 years! It made the local newspaper: Local youth debunks UFO or some such.

I wonder how many other times I've been fooled, and thought I saw something "normal" when it was really not . . . *cue x-files theme*.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

A blue one

A white one

And this one, which almost seems designed to confuse the casual observer!

My point is that strangely, there is no 'goverment specs' for weather balloon. Pretty much anything goes. Which only begs for more false UFO sightings, in my book:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Kudos on that cow balloon!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you go on the site www.orbwar.com... it has loads of pictures of ufo's like that.

I saw a silver cylinder with hemispheres both ends once, about last april or may. It was low, moving quite fast, in a dead straight line.

And no, it had no tailplane or wings that I could see. And I am not bad at identifying planes, the closest comparison would probably be the fuselage of a 737 with no paint, just the exposed metal.

<<   2 >>

join