It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right war or wrong war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by CIA
When you kill 30,000 people with WMD, you are a peace lover;

Uhh yeah whatever.

when you fight invaders, you are insurgent

when you blow up your enemy with your self, you are a terrorist.

Have no qualms with that unless you are intentionally targeting civilians for the purpose of terrorizing them. Remember in Russia, Beslan I believe in a school full of mostly kids? Im sure you probably supported that. Because its logical as to why terrorists blew themselves up with kids. Probably wanted to use them as slaves in paradise in their ideology. And also knowingly that Allah is please, which I doubt it.

GI has the most powerful WMD to kill, and the thickest armor to keep themself from being killed, they only leave innocent people exposed to those whose loved ones were killed by GI. They have to take revenge, and the only availble target ...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA
GI has the most powerful WMD to kill, and the thickest armor to keep themself from being killed, they only leave innocent people exposed to those whose loved ones were killed by GI. They have to take revenge, and the only availble target ...

So you're saying because it's considered "revenge", then it's ok to target innocent and unprotected civilians?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA
When you kill 30,000 people with WMD, you are a peace lover;

When you do so 60 years ago that makes you a murder still huh?
So I take it you'll be turning yourself into the police for the murders your ancestors commited while they where beating each other with rocks.

Should I stand trial because of what my country done to dresdon?

The GI has the thickest armour?
He has a kevlar jacket and a helmet, ice bikers wear more armour.
They leave the inocent exposed? Yeah and how does a US soldier protect them? Use himself as a shield from the enemy?
If they take revene on the availible target then explain why the camps are not attacked more?
How about somewherere I dunno military and not mabye a police station, or are policemen too damm paramilitary?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Come on buddy... I know you're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Smarter than this. You're being duped by a troll

If this person were the genuine article they would be able to acknowledge that Saddam had violated 18 UN resolutions. That he defied the IAEA, UN Weapon Inspectors and the U.S. repeatedly and that we had warned him of "Dire consequences, military options notwithstanding" as Colin Powell stated - yet he continued to defy the inspectors, the no-fly zones, the guidelines of the Oil For Food Program, his conditions for ending American aggressions his army after retreating from Kuwait etc... That he knowingly provided safe haven, financial support and political support of known terrorist groups who had exercised aggression against the West - Salman Pak, South of Baghdad - one of the terrorist training camps that featured an airliner fuselage for training purposes. His payments to the families of Palistinian suicide bombers. That he had been KNOWN to possess a bevy of bilogical and chemical weapons - in fact he had used them against the Iranians and the Kurds in the past. That EVERY OTHER COUNTRY BELONGING TO THE UN believed the EXACT same intelligence that we believed. But NO, Deltaboy - you must ignore ALL of those pesky little facts. For if you even acknowledge them, then simple LOGIC and REASON might dictate that you acknowledge the likely truth that lies within.

Let's instead focus on whether or not President Bush goes to Church!?!?
To which you have already acknowledged does not necessarily preclude him from taking any action that protects the security of the United Sates of America and it's citizens - as he is obligated to do by the Constitution of the United States of America. Forget about all that too.

Let's play in LaLa land and have make-believe fairytale debates. In fact, forget about whether or not the President goes to Church and what religion he is. Let's assume that it is his affinity for the color Blue and 14, his favorite number, that led us to war with Iraq.
What are the possible ramifications?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Come on buddy... I know you're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Smarter than this. You're being duped by a troll

He asked me about Bush and religion and I responded in kind. Without going into much detailed stuff. Of course that be more typing and you know me.

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

So you're saying because it's considered "revenge", then it's ok to target innocent and unprotected civilians?

I'm saying War is not always the best choice, but it seems like US goverment's favorate choice.
I was always wondering why America is so warlike, is it because they have too many bombs and too little oil?
American got a shortest history in the world, but involved most war, killed most people.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA
American got a shortest history in the world, but involved most war, killed most people.

Killed most people? Pfffff. Look at the casuatly count like waaaaay before you start thinking America is like the first nation to kill a million people mark.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

UM, sheesh, ya got any prejudice there buddy!?!?
Just curious?
I mean I'd hate to have to have a serious debate based on facts. Frankly, I doubt you could do it

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Just a thought:

en.wikipedia.org...

during 2003, 41000 us soldiers thought they have killed atleast 1 iraqi.

"In this study, 48% of the Army soldiers who had served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and 65% of the Marines said that they were responsible for the death of at least one enemy combatant.Since at least 180,000 Army soldiers and 58,000 Marines served in Iraq in 2003, this means that a minimum of about 124,000 U.S. troops who returned from Iraq by the end of 2003 each believed they had caused the death of one or more enemy combatants. This would not include any deaths caused by Navy or Air Force personnel, such as those that resulted from the bombing missions during the invasion, nor would it include those killed since the beginning of 2004. However, this could reflect either more or less than 124,000 enemy combatants killed, as there are likely cases where one soldier felt responsible for the deaths of multiple Iraqis, where several soldiers each felt responsible for the death of the same person, and where soldiers were incorrect in their belief that anyone had died."

after that read:

en.wikipedia.org...

and count how many war crimes nazi germany did, and after that count how many usa did
ps. found this also
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
-aape

[edit on 19-12-2005 by aape]

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm no historian, but didn't american involved in almost all the major wars, at least after WWII, and not as a victim, nor an accommodator, but simply the invader.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA
I'm no historian, but didn't american involved in almost all the major wars, at least after WWII, and not as a victim, nor an accommodator, but simply the invader.

Yeah, your no historian, all right. Heck you can't even remember recent history. Um... to answer your questions... NO and NO! Ok, next stupid loaded question

[edit on 19-12-2005 by kozmo]

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aape
Just a thought:

en.wikipedia.org...

during 2003, 41000 us soldiers thought they have killed atleast 1 iraqi.

"In this study, 48% of the Army soldiers who had served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and 65% of the Marines said that they were responsible for the death of at least one enemy combatant.Since at least 180,000 Army soldiers and 58,000 Marines served in Iraq in 2003, this means that a minimum of about 124,000 U.S. troops who returned from Iraq by the end of 2003 each believed they had caused the death of one or more enemy combatants. This would not include any deaths caused by Navy or Air Force personnel, such as those that resulted from the bombing missions during the invasion, nor would it include those killed since the beginning of 2004. However, this could reflect either more or less than 124,000 enemy combatants killed, as there are likely cases where one soldier felt responsible for the deaths of multiple Iraqis, where several soldiers each felt responsible for the death of the same person, and where soldiers were incorrect in their belief that anyone had died."

after that read:

en.wikipedia.org...

and count how many war crimes nazi germany did, and after that count how many usa did
-aape

If you count in those killed by missiles, and those civilian, and those dead in Vietnam and Korea, and, they are so proud of their killing.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wars of the United States

Colonial Wars -A series of wars involving the colonizing European powers of England, France, Spain, the Netherlands and Sweden in North America and the Caribbean.

King William's War, (1689-1697)-Known in Europe as the War of the League of Augsburg AND as the War of the Grand Alliance and in North America as King William's War.

Queen Anne's War, (1702-1712)-Known in Europe as the War of the Spanish Succession, in North America as Queen Anne's War and in India as the First Carnatic War. This conflict also included the Second Abnaki War. The Abnaki Indian tribe allied itself with the French against the English colonists in North America.

The War of Jenkins' Ear, (1739-1743)-Fought between Britain and Spain.

King George's War, (1744-1748)-Known in Europe as the War of the Austrian Succession and in North America as King George's War.

French and Indian War, (1755-1763)-Known in Europe as the Seven Years' War and in North America as the French and Indian War. France forever lost possession of Quebec/Canada. In many ways, England's victory set the stage for the American Revolution.

Colonial Indian Wars (1609-1775)-A series of wars involving the colonizing European powers of England, France, Spain, the Netherlands and Sweden and their colonists against the native tribes of North America.

American Revolution (1775-1783)- Also involved France, Spain and the Netherlands against Britain. The first Anglo-American War.

Indian Wars (1775-1890)-A series of wars involving the United States government and her migrating settlers with the native tribes of what became the continental United States.

Shay's Rebellion (1786-1787)

The Whiskey Rebellion (1794)

Quasi-War with France (1798-1800)

Fries's Rebellion "The Hot Water War" (1799)

U.S. Slave Rebellions (1800-1865)

Barbary Wars

Tripolitanian War (1800-1805)

Algerine War (1815)

War of 1812 (1812-1814)-The second Anglo-American War.

Invasion of Spanish Florida (1819)-Andrew Jackson seized Florida from Spain.

U.S.-Mexican War (1846-1847)-The United States invaded Mexico and forced the Mexicans to cede the northern half of the country and also to give up any claim to Texas.

Kansas Civil War "Bleeding Kansas" (1855-1860)-Guerilla warfare between pro and anti slavery forces.

Brown's Raid on Harpers Ferry (1859)-Anti-slavery militant John Brown's attempt to jump start a slave rebellion.

Civil War (1861-1865)

U.S. Intervention in Hawaiian Revolution (1893)

Spanish-American War (1898)

U.S. Intervention in Samoan Civil War (1898-1899) with U.S. and British Naval Bombardment of Samoa --A resumption of past civil wars in which Samoan chief Mataafa seized power following the death of his rival, King Malietoa Laupepa, who had defeated him in the last Samoan Civil War (1893-1894). Fighting ensued, which was complicated by the long-standing rivalry between the U.S., Britain and Germany for de facto control over the Samoan Islands. On March 15, 1899, warships of the American and British Navies bombarded the Samoan city of Apia to intimidate the reigning Samoan king, who was allied with the Germans. An Anglo-American landing force took control of Apia, but were not able to pacify the interior. All sides agreed to cease fighting on May 13, 1899. Later that year, the three Western nations signed a treaty dividing Samoa between them. This whole conflict was part of a wider Samoan civil war.

Philippine-American War (1899-1902)

Boxer Rebellion (1900)-Also involved Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Japan, Italy, Austria-Hungary against "Boxer" rebels in China as well as the Chinese government.

The Moro Wars (1901-1913)-Guerilla warfare against U.S. forces by the Moro Muslims of the southern Philippines. Can be seen as a continuation of the Philippine-American War.

U.S. Intervention in Panamanian Revolution (1903)-The U.S. landed troops in Panama to prevent Columbia from crushing the separatist Panamanian government.

The Banana Wars (1909-1933)-A series of U.S. interventions in various Central American and Caribbean countries.

U.S. Occupation of Vera Cruz (1914)-The U.S. landed troops in Vera Cruz, Mexico.

Pershing's Raid into Mexico (1916-1917)-After Mexican rebel Pancho Villa attacked a U.S. town, General Pershing pursued him across the border.

World War I (1917-1918)

Allied Intervention in Russian Civil War (1919-1921)-Also involved Britain, France, Japan, Italy, Poland and the Czech Legion against the new Bolshevik (Soviet Communist) government in Russia.

World War II (1941-1945)

The Cold War (1945-1991)

Korean War (1950-1953)-Also involved Britain, France, Turkey, and others against North Korea and China.

Intervention in Lebanon (1958)

Second Indochina War (1956-1975)

Vietnam War (1964-1973)--The "advisory" phase of U.S. involvement goes from 1956 to 1964, and then resumes from 1973 to 1975. The years 1964 to 1973 refer to the period of "official" combat deployment of U.S. forces in the war.

Cambodian Civil War (1970-1975)

Laotian Civil War (1960?-1975)

Dominican Intervention (1965-1966?)

Iranian Hostage Crisis (1979-1980)

Lebanese Intervention (1982-1984)

Grenada Invasion (1983)

First Persian Gulf War (1980-1988)-The U.S. gave logistical and intelligence information to Iraq in its war against Iran.

"Tanker War" (1987-1988)-The U.S. provided naval protection for Kuwaiti oil tankers in the Persian Gulf. This led to multiple clashes with the Iranian military.

Panama Invasion (1989)

Second Persian Gulf War (1991)

No-Fly Zone War (1991-2003)

Somalia Intervention (1992-1993)

Occupation of Haiti (1994-Present)

Bosnian War (1995)-The U.S. and NATO engaged in air strikes to force the Bosnian Serb forces to negotiate a peace agreement. Also known as Operation Deliberate Force. U.S. airpower contributed 65.9% of the NATO air sorties.

bin Laden's War (1998-Present) -Terrorist conflict between the United States and irregular forces led by Osama bin Laden. The violence has also involved Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan and Afghanistan.

Kosovo War (1999) --Links Page

The War in Afghanistan (2001-Present)

The Third Persian Gulf War : "Operation Iraqi Freedom" (2003)--The second major war between the United States-led coalition and the Middle Eastern nation of Iraq. Military members of the coalition also include the United Kingdom and Australia.

Intervention in Haiti (2004)--Intervention to prevent civil war/anarchy in Haiti following the Gonsalves Rebellion against the Haitian governme

-aape

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
More than half of those took place BEFORE the United States was even a country - ergo, the Brits, The French or the Colonials (Who were Brit and French!). And then crap like "The No-Fly Zone War 1993-2001"????????????????????????
Come on. If you want to hate on the US, that's fine - but just be HONEST and DENY IGNORANCE friend. You look mighty stupid posting such rubbish!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think the pre usa wars had usa as a piece of land involved. Dunno..i didn´t make that list. And you are looking mighty stupid for accusing me of usa hatred and making bad info for just copy pasting a page
. And if i remember correctly, after first gulf war ended, your country bombed iraq on daily basis. Might be wrong. That was just to show you how many armed conflict your country has been. Bear in mind that no one has stepped on your soil to fight wars. Japan bombed pearl harbor and someone blew up wtc..that´s about it.
-aape

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA
If you count in those killed by missiles, and those civilian, and those dead in Vietnam and Korea, and, they are so proud of their killing.

And those people that burn flags in the streets and chant when some civilian gets his head cut off isn't proud?

Give me a break.

Can you imagine if Americans ran in the streets and burned Arabic flags? Or if they all celebrated cutting some school teacher's head off with a sword? Then it would be no different. Should we be THAT proud or is that a bit too much?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You specifically headed your post with "Wars of the United States"

It is YOUR responsibility to ensure the accuracy of what you post or "copy and paste". When you do NOT do so and the information is exaggerated or flat-out wrong, Yes, it makes YOU look stupid. Now, taken in the ocntext of how it was presented and represented by you, one could easily assume that you dis-like the United States. I'm sorry Aaape, you'll get no pass from me.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The title was from the page also. And i do not see any wrong information here? You did bomb iraq on daily basis and in my country it is also known as the silent war which was done from the air during 91->
And is there a law what says one cannot dislike usa? Man 99% of my country men wouldn´t come here to talk with you. I must be stubborn to come and try to speak something sense in your heads.
If you feel the list is incomplete or faulty please say from which part. I don´t see anything wrong with it.
ps. Only things i dislike are 1.idiots 2. your president 3. All big countries who attack on other countries. Believe me my country has gone 3 wars during last 100years..last one lasted 6 years. And all of them were against russia, so i know what it does to a country.
And i feel sorry for the iraqis because of that. Maybe you will someday understand if your country survives an attack from foreign nations.
And as a soldier, i feel sorry for your soldiers. But one must accept consequenses if going to attack on another country.
-aape

[edit on 19-12-2005 by aape]

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Can you imagine if Americans ran in the streets and burned Arabic flags? Or if they all celebrated cutting some school teacher's head off with a sword? Then it would be no different. Should we be THAT proud or is that a bit too much?

you would't bother burn some flags, you would do what you did.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

Maybe you look in your history books as to what nations we attacked and what provoked in the first place....let say Korea War, Vietnam War, Panama, Gulf War 1, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan,etc.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by deltaboy]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join