It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December Elections in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I put the question mark there because I didn't see any other threads about the elections. Certainly something this big, and something showing this much progress would have been more widely discussed? Am I missing another thread? I've been sort of busy lately, so all I really know is what I've heard on the news. Apparently, there was a pretty high turnout rate, suprisingly among the Sunis whom a lot of people thought wouldn't show. I think this is a good thing for the country and for our progress. Thoughts? Opinions?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Given that a truck of fake ballots was caught at the border you have to the results of the election. Aside from that there are two other problems.
How is a democratic government spose to operate when the means of goverance isnt in place?
How dose a democratic government goven an area that onl exists on a map?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Given that a truck of fake ballots was caught at the border you have to the results of the election. Aside from that there are two other problems.
How is a democratic government spose to operate when the means of goverance isnt in place?
How dose a democratic government goven an area that onl exists on a map?

Do you have a real reliable source with real evidence that fake ballots were caught on the border? Who were they caught by? Who was carrying them?

There IS a "goverance" in place. That's what these elections were all about.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Heres a link link
I have trouble bevling that this is an isloated case.
Im not talking about having a government , Im talking about what is requried and the ablity to govern.
When you build a house do you start with the roof of the foundations?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Heres a link link
I have trouble bevling that this is an isloated case.
Im not talking about having a government , Im talking about what is requried and the ablity to govern.
When you build a house do you start with the roof of the foundations?

Well... First off no one can confirm if that "story" is true or not. I'm not sure i get where you are coming from with this "required ability to govern." I'm pretty sure the "foundation" is what is being built right now. We won't pull out of Iraq until the "roof" is securely in place. The "corner stone" of this whole Iraqi conflict is this first election. Once this is done the rest of the foundation can be finished off.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
LostSailor dose the foundation of goverance start with politicans in paliment?
You might hear about the leaders of a country more often but IMH the foundations of government can be found at the local e.g local councils.
Now after years of Saddan rule it makes more sense to hand over power gradualy this would allow a new generation of people to form the foundation. This would also prevent former members of Saddam regime taking part in the new governmnet.

new topics

top topics

join