It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly will happen on 6/6/06 ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that anything will happen, in my opinion it's just another day. I could be wrong, but since the conception of our calendar, the date "666" was going to be on there.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
most everything's been said about this except the part about your having the wrong number for the beast....so, really, you'll never even see 6/6/06 because the world will end and the rapture and the satan and the dogs and cats living together will all have happened FIVE DAYS BEFORE! *que the scary music*

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
most everything's been said about this except the part about your having the wrong number for the beast....so, really, you'll never even see 6/6/06 because the world will end and the rapture and the satan and the dogs and cats living together will all have happened FIVE DAYS BEFORE! *que the scary music*

in revelations it is six hundred three score and 6...if im correct three score would be 3xs2......also it states the number of the beast is a man ..satan was a fallen angel not a man.......as i said in a previos post they were talking about the emporer of rome....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
it will be my 1 year anniversary here at ATS......and I will destroy you all

It's just antother date....remember on 10/11/01 the media tried to make us afraid that some other act of terrorism would occur?.....did it?....

I seriously doubt bibllical writers had in their head that something was going to happen on 6/06/2006.....what about 6/06/1906?....1806? 1706?..1606?.....it's a day of the year....we can't control it....

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSquared
it will be my 1 year anniversary here at ATS......and I will destroy you all

Now that thar is funny.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I saw a program on Revelations on the History Channel a while back. It basically said that people looked at numbers differently back in the day than the way we look at them today. They claimed that the number 666 referred to Nero Caesar, and that it had something to do with the quantity of the letter value of his name (I believe).

I know that I also read something about that on here as well. Does anyone else believe that 666 is a reference to Caesar, who was persecuting the Christians at the time (once again I believe)??

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i don't remember where i heard of this...but doesn't 666 being incorrect have something to do with us seeing things upside down and backwards..and it is actually 999?

it could be nonsense...but at least you get a few more years in..

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
i don't remember where i heard of this...but doesn't 666 being incorrect have something to do with us seeing things upside down and backwards..and it is actually 999?

it could be nonsense...but at least you get a few more years in..

Not too far off base King, the thing about Satanic symbolism is deviation and variation. That way the onlooker gets a shocking revelation of their own when they realize what they've been looking at all along. For example:

If A is the 1st number of the alphabet, then F is what number in the alphabet? On the forehead, as described in Revelation - FFF. This picture pops when you do a yahoo image search for "FFF Satanism". Coincidence? I've known about it before, but this is the first commercial use I've seen of it.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I saw a program on Revelations on the History Channel a while back. It basically said that people looked at numbers differently back in the day than the way we look at them today. They claimed that the number 666 referred to Nero Caesar, and that it had something to do with the quantity of the letter value of his name (I believe).

I know that I also read something about that on here as well. Does anyone else believe that 666 is a reference to Caesar, who was persecuting the Christians at the time (once again I believe)??

yes i do...im the one that posted that number info.......after been given this info and rereading revelations it makes more sense..........

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have to agree that after studying all the stuff about The Revelation of John, it really was a mistake to include it in the canon. All the prophecies (and I use that word out of kindness and respect for the views of others) were meant to be short term things and the time is very long since past that any of this has had any meaning. The events described in The Revelation are well behind us.

But, having said that, the "End of Times" perspective has never gone out of fashion - every generation has believed that they were living in the last days of earth. Only after the Paulinism of Christianity did it become popular to add the "second coming".

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The events described in The Revelation are well behind us.

Even in the gospels, Jesus does not care about overthrowing the Roman Empire. He paid his taxes and did not tell a single man to take up arms against them.

Where was Jesus' assention from a cloud? When did God open the book of life, where the land and the sea gave up the dead and they were judged? Where was chorus and angels that announced his coming? When was 1/3 of the earth covered in blood? Where was the everlasting New Jerusalem that ascended with the appoximate size stretching from New York to the Mississippi, from Florida to Ontario Canada made of pure gold, transparent like glass and fixed with gemstones? Certainly this would've been a massive oversight by historians, archeologists, geologists, and any other -ologist as well as every layperson, would it not?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Purgatory is NEVER mentioned once in the entire bible. Never. It is mentioned one single time in the Apocryphal book of Maccabees. Also don't confuse Sheol and Purgatory (saying this before someone makes that mistake). They are quite different. Nope buddies, the bible speaks of two places, and two spheres only: Heaven and Hell (The abyss, Gehenna). That's it. Also I'm an adherent to the premillenial view. Prophecy in the OT and NT still need's to be accomplished (a few famous examples: physical Babylon be completely destroyed, a large world war in the Middle East, and a highly centralized dictatorship where human beings aren't allowed to buy or sell unless they have a certain mark).

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Nakash]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Also I'm an adherent to the premillenial view. Prophecy in the OT and NT still need's to be accomplished (a few famous examples: physical Babylon be completely destroyed, a large world war in the Middle East, and a highly centralized dictatorship where human beings aren't allowed to buy or sell unless they have a certain mark).

Well, NO OFFENSE, but you are wrong, as The Revelations to john aren't prophecies.

They are full of a lot of code for the "jews" at the time.
The "number of the Beast" is 616 not 666. And refers to Nero Ceasar for instance, not some future king.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
what about the original 06/06/06

you know, when jesus was supposedly 6?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by The_Final
This movie will be released:

The Beast

Have fun with this site, all I know is that a lot of Christians will be pissed off on this date.

I believe that's all that will be happening on this date. *checks schedule* Yep, pretty sure. I also predict this movie will make no difference in my life whatsoever. It's not the first nor do I think it'll be the last of the "shock and awe" propaganda Hollywood has to crank out. Anywho, who cares about predicting the end? Today can be the last day for any or all of us. I would not wait until the 11th hour to start scurrying around like mice in a burning building. Do you want the free gift of eternal life? Send U2U for details. My prayers and hopes are with you otherwise.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

it doesn't seem like propoganda

it's by the same people behind the god who wasn't there, which is actually quite a provacative documentary.

also, it isn't hollywood, it seems too low budget.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM
Well, NO OFFENSE, but you are wrong, as The Revelations to john aren't prophecies.

They are full of a lot of code for the "jews" at the time.
The "number of the Beast" is 616 not 666. And refers to Nero Ceasar for instance, not some future king.

Then perhaps you can entertain some of the questions I'd just posted above:

Where was Jesus' assention from a cloud? When did God open the book of life, where the land and the sea gave up the dead and they were judged? Where was chorus and angels that announced his coming? When was 1/3 of the earth covered in blood? Where was the everlasting New Jerusalem that ascended with the appoximate size stretching from New York to the Mississippi, from Florida to Ontario Canada made of pure gold, transparent like glass and fixed with gemstones? Certainly this would've been a massive oversight by historians, archeologists, geologists, and any other -ologist as well as every layperson, would it not?

Nakash, can you explain what the following means?

Originally posted by Nakash
Also I'm an adherent to the premillenial view.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
what about the original 06/06/06

you know, when jesus was supposedly 6?

Hehee, so you do have a sense of humor after all. Glad to see it.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

it doesn't seem like propoganda

it's by the same people behind the god who wasn't there, which is actually quite a provacative documentary.

Documentary? Hehe, there's that sense of humor again. You're on a roll today!

also, it isn't hollywood, it seems too low budget.

Oh yeah, low budget:

"BEHIND THE MOVIE
The Beast is directed by internationally acclaimed filmmaker Brian Flemming. Flemming won the New York Times Claiborne Pell Award for Original Vision for his groundbreaking feature film Nothing So Strange, which was released theatrically in 2003 and is currently distributed on DVD in more than 200 countries."

Man, I bet he's scrapping pennies for this one. Oh wait! He's not even the producer
. But, they have a website, newsletter, etc. The film is 6 months away, quite a lot of cash on the teaser and trailer spent too, let alone the web designers, advertising agency, yadda yadda...

"For well-financed indies and self-financed, there is an additional question: “How much can we raise?” I have prepared many budgets in the $2 million to $6 million range for producers who were going to take the project to a distributor. In that situation, you try to get as much money as possible without making the project so expensive that it doesn’t get done. That is a fine balancing act. One producer with a project who had raised money on this level put it this way: “You only get one shot at the money guys, so get as much as you can.” "

www.suite101.com...

Hey madness, mind writing me a "low budget" check?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

The events described in The Revelation are well behind us.

Even in the gospels, Jesus does not care about overthrowing the Roman Empire. He paid his taxes and did not tell a single man to take up arms against them.

Now, who's being the comedian?!

OK, I didn't mean to be trite but that one was just too good to pass up.

Seriously, there's so much written on The Revelation that there's little chance that I can do better - from any point of view. But, what I didn't make clear was the point about the allegorical nature of those writings. I've read lots of pros and cons about whether these visions were the direct result of a diet of psychodelic mushrooms - it's a "no decision" contest for me. Maybe, maybe not. I do believe that the wild style of the apocalyptic writings were fantasies and allegories rather than genuine prophecy or prescient visions.

So, if you ask me about all those events and why they weren't recorded in historical texts, all I can say is that they weren't ever supposed to literally happen so, whether those predictions, even in the allegorical sense, ever came true then, who knows?! It's very hard to figure out what this particular "John" (if that was even the author's name) was making reference to. Of course, it's possible that he was making dire predictions that just didn't ever come true. And, maybe, just maybe, some of them didn't come true because the intended audience understood the message and took the appropriate measures to head off some of those catastrophic events.

Like I said, smarter folks than me have made careers ouf of studying this stuff - I just read what they've written and believe what seems most correct to me.

As per my usual style, I don't really take a firm "line-in-the-sand" stance on any of this because: a) nobody will ever know for certain; b) it doesn't impact my life in any way other than to provide some intellectual stimulation. In other words, I don't need to know whether a story is true or false in order to appreciate a good story and some interesting critiques of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The date has no biblical, or religious relation that I am aware of. Now having said that if something does happen more then likely it will be by the modivations of men not biblical figures good or evil. You need to remember man kind was given free will and may not be driven in any directions even by God ....this is evidenced by the repeated tests of followers and enemies alike, where in everything that happened was based on the individuals choices not because of mind control or puppeteering.

I believe that if something happen it will be by the choice of and extreamist group , much like in the date related attacks of some terrorist groups where in anniversary dates of significant events are chosen in order to mark a target date.

My only thought would be if there is an attack that we will see a true out pouring of satanic worshipers or something in order to commemorate the mark of the beast ....has anyone researched the records to see if such an an attack occured 06/06/1906 or 1806 etc. and if so what was the back ground of the attackers at hand.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by skizem]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join