It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushco has gotta go

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I rather keep Bush in office than having the Masterminder of the Iraq invasion as the next president.

But the issue is and will be to what extent the President overextended his power and step over the American citizens rights.

That is what we need to be looking into and I am very pleased that it will happen.

Perhaps nothing more than political move for political gain but this is a big issue and every American should watch very closely.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
But what has happened over the years? The federal government has hoarded more and more power to itself, decreased accountability etc. via legislation, in the name of things such as national security and now the invisible terrorists who seem to be everywhere and anywhere, and other foreign enemies.

Of course. There was also a time where people were proud to turn in a "spy", and stand up for the country they live in. There used to be Patriotism. Now it is all about "what does the government do for me"? There are terrorists here in America. There are terrorists on every level in every country. Denial is not your friend. There is a difference between paranoia and acceptance.

What tells you that they won't try to hoard more power next year? and the year after that? and the year after that? Corrupt people always want more power, and there are many corrupt people running your government.

Of course there are. We try to get the most honest one. It's like shooting ourselves in the foot every time.

Anyway, if they want carte blanche, they just have to stage a terrorist attack, like a suitcase nuke in a mid-sized city would be enough.

Right. So if that happens, no matter the proof, no matter the witnesses, it will always be a "plant" in your eyes?

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's gonna happen? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?" -- Barbara Bush

She said that recently. I liked his mother. What she does now does not reflect what she did as the President's wife when he was in office.

But he could if he wanted to, and it's not just Bush that you ought to be worried about.

Ok. So I'll ask him to stop. I'm not worried about it. Does that concern you? I am just some American who goes to work and raises her kids. No illicit or illegal activity. I highly doubt BushCo is concerned with lil ole me. And if he is, I just might be flattered. How nice of my governement to look at some no name civilian for information. A nice change of pace in my eyes.

Guantanamo Bay

Wow, one spelling mistake in my entire post.

<< 1   >>

join