It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was all a dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I couldn't tell you exactly how old I was when my first memories of it began playing themselves through in my dreams.

That's all they ever were to me, dreams, and I wished that's all they were, but I can't shake the feeling that they were something more, something Im either too afraid or too unknowledgable to admit or understand.

I will tell you what I remember, in the hopes that someone here can aid me in my quest to understand these "Dreams":

It begins with my family huddled around a window, all pointing outside as if something important or unexpected was going on. I hear my mother cry out in spanish, Oh my God! and I run up to the window to see what it was. I really wish I hadn't, the image still hasn't left me.

The problem is, I have no idea what the image is. Everything slows down, as if time itself was pacing around the attic room wanting me to revel in whatever it is I was seeing.

A description you ask? The best I could do, is a massive orb, brighter and hotter than the sun, hovering out above in the distance. Time continues to go slow, until, the object suddenly slams into the ground and I awake.

That's right, remember, I said it was all a dream. Or was it? It felt so real, but it's one of those memories that's so far in the back of your mind it feels like a dream. Im sure you know what I speak of.

What was that massive orb in my "Dream" I've been wondering this ever since the first dream. Yes, the first, there have been more, all starting where the last one ended. Well, they stopped, when I was in my 2nd year of highschool at about the age of 16.

As suddenly as they came, they stopped. The bright orb and all of it's mystery ceased to exist. What was this, and was it real? Or was it a dream? I haven't been able to ask my family out of a fear of looking like a fool, but I can't shake the feeling that this is more than a crazy dream of mine, but what else would it be, other than a dream, or a hollywood movie?

Im looking forward to your honest opinions, because this has me baffled!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
well, this is an interesting one......

I have experienced "premonitions" before....a reacurring dream over a few months that eventually and very creepily came true. Although not to my detriment, it was enlightening, even at a younger age, that something out of my realm of understanding was happening to me. Spirit energy, aliens, higher beings, whatever you want to call it, i'm pretty sure if it was a continuous "dream" then it may not be a dream at all.....

Could it be likely that you were having a premonition?....were you of the same age as you were when you were dreaming? What do you remember of your surroundings? If they were actual, then i would be hard pressed to say either way. If the feeling of a dream is so strong, that it causes you to "second guess" it's intentions, then it may not be. I'm sure that there is a spiritual enlightenment that we have yet to attain--far beyond our understanding. Then again, if you were probed and dropped off, does your B*tt hurt?

I digress....

There maybe a contact with a higher being....a possibility..while unaware of it, you could be having lucid dreams, or maybe astral travelling. There are so many possibilities.

You should express this to your family....they should be the first people you should trust. If you are still concerned, try a "flanking approach"Try asking your mother if she experienced any similar dreams....this could almost definetly rule out a physical "encounter"

Otherwise, i suggest meditation, and asking your "spirit guide" for help.

It is a great way to unlock hidden answers that may be deep in your mind....and maybe discover the true meaning to your "visits"

but what do i know....i'm an atheist...

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wow, have had any tramatic experiences in your life? It might be the cause of this dream.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The only true trauma done to me in my life that I can think of poison would be the car accident I was in when I was young, but there was no extreme heat or brightness involved, just my face meeting the dashboard and ending up with a scarred lip.

Kingalbrect, my only issue with the premonition is that if it were to be a premonition, what would it be? The only reason I put this in the UFO section is for exactly what UFO stands for, unidentified flying object.

I have always likened this object to an asteroid or meteor of sorts, but that wouldn't explain the hovering aspect. I always had the unnerving sense of loss after experiencing this "Dream"

What that means I can't really explain, and I hope my further explanation helps in deciphering this bizarre dream/object.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Could you give us any more details as to the dream? What I'm looking for are specific things that stick out, aside from those that you've already mentioned. Just like another member already posted, are you and your family around the same age as you were/are when the dreams occurred? Can you describe what was going on around you both before and after it happened? And I think most importantly, can you tell us if you were really asleep? Because I'm sure that if it ACTUALLY happened that there'd be some sort of tangible proof as to the encounter, like a cold bed for starters.

I know that dreams have a funny way of changing someone, since some can be downright realistic, but it is just possible that you were dreaming, and have a very good imagination. Too bad the things I see while wide awake aren't imaginary, lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I would suggest looking in the "Alien Abductions Anonymous" thread. Read through there and compare your experiences to theirs, and then either ask for help there, or formulate your own conclusions.

I've had other dreams involving abductions and aliens - but I could tell that those were dreams. Whether they were indicative of something else - I don't know, but I doubt it. It was likely just the recurring terror of the original experience.

Perhaps you had some kind of original experience, and it's just being replayed and reinterpreted and redirected in your dreams over and over. I say that you KNOW what is a dream, and what isn't a dream. Unfortunately, the things that we're trying to figure out (the original experience in my case) borders so much on the edge of dream and not dream that we're left dumbfounded, searching for answers to something we may never fully understand.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Im rather sure I was asleep, because like I said it's one of those memories that seems to engrained into the back of your head it's hard to tell if it actually happened or not. As for other things to aid you in my understanding of this "Dream"

The air seemed to be very heavy, I dont know how to describe it, but it was thick, almost like walking through water, although I was clearly in my attic room with my family huddled around the window. No, I was not the same age I was in the dream, this occurred about 2 or 3 years ago, placing my age then at 16-17, and I remember being very young in the "dream" about 5 or 6 to be precise. I cant really provide much more, as that's all I remember, but I can't stress the feeling of loss or destruction after I've experienced this dream - and it hits me everytime.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
it's very interesting that you re-inforce the feeling of loss...usually, if this were an encounter of alien intent.....it usually is fearful..mainly fear of the unknown.

the fact that you feel depressed, of sorts.....leads me to believe that maybe it was a spirit contact, rather than a ufo. There are spirit orbs, many of them associated as "guardians", my neice and nephew have pictures from a range of years with them all around them. the orb in question, could be a spirit who has either lost their way tragically, suddenly, or reluctantly.

did you move into or out of that house at all when you were younger? You said that you were 5-6 in the dream, but you were approx 16-17? when you had the dream, were you still residing in the same house?

do you have any relatives, uncles, grandparents, anyone--that died when you were younger?

Maybe it's a spirit seeking resolve....you may just be in-tune with the astral plane like my sister-in-law is.....

she says that when you are younger, you are more open minded, and more receptive to spirit energy, and "visitations" when you are dreaming, you are in a meditative state, and your subconcious takes over, putting you one step closer to contact. I believe that is where this is going. Jenn, my sister-in-law, used to have the same type of dreams that you are experiencing. she would walk into a room, and feel real sluggish, and sometimes fearful, yet she never ran. jenn's frequency of these occurences has decreased becuase she has learned to focus it.

The only thing that strikes me as odd, and contradictive to this theory, is that you felt really hot....as spirit energy tends to be very cold.

I would do a little digging into the history of the house prior to your dreams, and relatives at the time of the dreams.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I had moved into the house at a very young age, younger than I can remember, but I know I hadn't been born there. To my knowledge the house is very old. My father had dropped rumors of it being a plantation farm long ago but I always dismissed them as high tales. My grandfather who I had never met passed away but that was on a completely seperate continent, in Chile.

I never at any point felt fear, just curiosity and a sad feeling like I had lost something close to me, or someone. The only person I could think of having lost within that time period would be my grandfather, whom I had never met, and several pets. But I had never really been attached to any of my pets, aside from my cat who passed away last year but I didnt have him at the time we lived in that house. We moved out after my parents divorce when I was about 8 years of age.

I really enjoy your insight King, it is all very interesting and making me want to learn more and decipher this dream, thanks for everything!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
not a problem man....like i said, try to meditate, and ask your spirit guide (trust me you have one) for help in recalling those memories in more detail.

just make sure to say i need help instead of i want help..

spirit guides usually don't listen to meaningless rants and hollow questions..but a direct request they are obligated to.

let me know how things turn out, or if you remember anything else.

new topics

top topics

join