It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director Porter Goss: Iran Has Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
According to this expert, Porter Goss was in Turkey this week informing them that Iran is nuclear armed. The guy's website seems to have just launched recently.

Here is his post regarding Iran's nuclear capability. He says the Kh-55 cruise missiles sold to Iran and China were nuclear capable, not just missile shells without warheads:

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

CIA Director Porter Goss: Iran Has Nukes
Goss warns Ankara to be ready for a possible U.S. aerial operation against Iran and Syria
15 December 2005

As people in the U.S. readied themselves for Christmas, few were aware that CIA Director Porter Goss was in Ankara, Turkey on Monday, engaged in a meeting that lasted over four hours with Turkish Intelligence officials. Goss, accompanied by a large delegation, brought secret data about Iran as he met with officials of the Milli Istihbarat Teskilati, or MIT. Goss allegedly asked for Turkish support for the Bush administration's policies on Iran's nuclear activities, telling Turkish officials that Iran has nuclear weapons, a situation that created a huge threat to Turkey and other countries in the region.

Goss said that Iran sees Turkey as an enemy and will "export its regime," warning Ankara to be ready for a possible U.S. aerial operation against Iran and Syria.

On Tuesday Goss was driven in his armored BMW to a meeting with Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Additional dialogue reportedly focused on the intelligence data, with Goss warning Ankara to be ready for a possible U.S. aerial operation against Iran and Syria.

...and here is his article from earlier this year:

www.homelandsecurityus.com... [scroll down]

19 March 2005: A recent article featured on the Internet news site Debka stated "Iran currently has at least 12 Kh-55 strategic cruise missiles with 3,000km range capable of carrying 200 kiloton nuclear warheads." The article further stated: "Ukrainian prosecutor-General Piskun admitted in Kiev that this "missile technology" from former Soviet nuclear arsenal had "leaked" to Iran in 2001 - albeit without nuclear warheads. He could not explain how sales occurred. Six missiles also reached China."

Based on my research, this is only partially correct. The real story is that Iran purchased a total of six-(6) Kh-55 Granat nuclear-armed cruise missiles from an ethnic Iranian-Afghan arms merchant identified as Sarfraz Haider.

Conveniently, Sarfraz Haider was murdered in Cyprus last year, allegedly by Iranian-paid agents because he knew the truth about the full capability of the stolen Kh-55 cruise missiles. An autopsy revealed that his neck had been broken and his aorta split.

Finally, he quotes Jane's Intelligence Digest:

Addendum - excerpted from Jane's Intelligence Digest: "There is no doubt that the sale of the missiles to Iran and China could only have taken place with the knowledge and cooperation of senior Ukrainian officials... there is ... mounting evidence to suggest that the sale of missiles to Iran was undertaken with the assistance of the Russian security services."

If Iran has nuclear tipped cruise missiles with 200kt warheads, I am wondering what sort of defense is used against it. Can Israel defend it with their interceptors? What is the tactical reality if Iran has these missiles and they are nuclear tipped?

Here's the author's bio:

Douglas J. Hagmann
Douglas J. Hagmann, Founder, Director is the founder and director of the Northeast Intelligence Network and CEO of a multi-state licensed private investigative agency serving many Fortune 500 clients. A 20 year veteran of conducting investigations in the private sector, he has logged over 35,000 hours of covert surveillance in his career and is the author of Tactical Surveillance. He is a member of the International Counter- Terrorism Officers Association and possesses many law enforcement related training certifications. He has been used as an operational asset by federal law enforcement and various police departments, and has performed over 4,000 civil and criminal investigations throughout the United States. Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, Hagmann began using his investigative skills and training to fight terrorism and increase public awareness by establishing the Northeast Intelligence Network.

I am not inclined to believe one person without sources, but then, even our well funded intelligence aginecies don't always produce usable intel.

This would explain why Ahmadinejad is acting so bullish. Perhaps he sees his possession of nukes as the assured destruction of Israel. Like he's antagonizing them because he wants to use what he's got. Do you think this guy is right and that Iran already has nuclear weapons?

[edit on 18-12-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
...nuclear armed are two different things. When something is capable that means that it possess the ability to do something - like bear a nuclear warhead, not that it already has a nuclear warhead. Two different things. The whole world has known that Iran possess missiles that are capable of intercontinental flight and are capable of carrying anuclear warhead. However the IAEA, the UN and even US intelligence experts believe that Iran is about 2 years away from possessing a nuclear weapon. Be careful - the devil is always in the details.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He said a arms dealer sold them to Iran already armed with a nuke payload.

I doubt anyone is selling nukes on the black market, the amount of attention it would attract would mean you couldnt advertise without being caught/killed. Also if they are being sold on the black market AQ would have them and probably of threatened the US into leaving the ME. Looks like more scare mongering to get the US people to support more unjust illegal wars.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Nuclear capable and...

...nuclear armed are two different things. When something is capable that means that it possess the ability to do something - like bear a nuclear warhead, not that it already has a nuclear warhead. Two different things.

Yes, I did not use the word "armed" although that's what I meant, by your terms. Essentially, this guy is saying that those cruise missiles which are known about, were actually also equipped with warheads. When I use the word "armed", I would be referring to the actual arming of the warhead with intent to detonate or strike. Armed to me means removing the safety, but then, I was never in the military so you might be right.

I doubt anyone is selling nukes on the black market, the amount of attention it would attract would mean you couldnt advertise without being caught/killed. Also if they are being sold on the black market AQ would have them and probably of threatened the US into leaving the ME. Looks like more scare mongering to get the US people to support more unjust illegal wars.

If they were, you would not know it. On what do you base your faith? I would encourage you to have a little less faith in your leaders in order to keep a realistic picture of the world. The twentieth century world of politics was largely an experiment in post WW2 global-money and world bank shenanigans. In the 21st century, these things will be faced with what the soviets and Islamo-fascists understand intimately: brute force

Scaremongering is a non-word. What does it mean, exactly? If you are trying to make someone afraid, then you are fabricating a situation designed to cause fear. Like if someone goes around saying "seriously, vampires will get you in the middle of the night!" ...I'd say that's scaremongering because it's outside the bounds of reality.

This is different because there is a real threat.

It is not unthinkable to me that Ahmadinejad is being so bold because he sees himself as the man who will destroy Israel. Even if he dies in his quest, his salvation as a Muslim is assured. What other reasons are there for his insanity? I mean, he's either totally nuts or he has something up his sleeve.

The soviets, in their battle with muslims, did win, but it was not a flag waving victory. It was covert and made to look like a loss via a manufactured "Glastnost". I think they may have reached an ideaological truce with the Mullas and are now using radical Islam against the US. I've read one book which suggests that at least one high ranking soviet colonel "defected" to the Muslim side at the end of the war, along with his men.

What seems to be happening is that both the US and Russia are trying to jockey for global position with Isaac's kids (jews) and Ishmael's kids (Muslims) in the middle. The larger philosophical question seems to be: Are there people in power who desire population reduction through a large war. I believe that answer to be yes.

If I am anything, I'm a lovemonger.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nice thread smallpeeps.

Another possible explanation of Ahmadinejad's rhetoric. Or is this our rhetoric?

This came to mind while reading this thread Is the Iranian President a Western Agent?

as did this one : NEWS: Pentagon To Place Pro USA Propaganda In Foreign Media

Who knows what or who to believe anymore.

Is Porter Goss even remotely credible on this?

Regardless, it will be used to advance an agenda.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Who knows what or who to believe anymore.

Is Porter Goss even remotely credible on this?

Regardless, it will be used to advance an agenda.

You raise excellent points Gools. Regardless of this story's factuality, it will be used by those in power to further their agenda, and those without power will be caught in the middle. That won't change.

This is the time to be discussing the mid-east subject as much as possible so that those who come later will have as much data as they can get. The truth will be revealed, eventually, even if it is later generations who have to do it. We can contribute to that future of truth by discussing it now and leaving as much data for them as possible.

In the final analysis, there seems no way to reconcile the two Abrahamic lines, so they'll probably wreck each other eventually, IMO. They just hate each other too much and there really can be only one chosen descendant tribe of Abraham, according to the militants on either side.

Realizing that, I think that epic Abrahamic confrontation is being manuevered by the US and Russia such that it will be spectacular profit for the victor, but total catastrophe for the loser. Like in the early American continental wars, the natives get caught in the middle and were used by both sides. I think that's happening here also with the native peoples of the mid-east.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The report saying the cruise missles came with nuclear warheads originally comes from Debka, one of the most unreliable sources around. In my experiance, when Debka says anything, that's almost a guarantee that it's not true.

If you think the current uproar over Iran's nuclear weapons program is bad, imagine what it would be like if Iran already had a dozen or so fusion weapons.

Without anything more substantial, I am inclined to dismiss this as more fearmongering propaganda disguised as fact...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
imagine what it would be like if Iran already had a dozen or so fusion weapons.

it would be a bit of a laugh wouldn`t it

right before they get glassed back to carbon.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nice artical..

A couple things.. It is a fact that nuclear material has gone 'missing' it is a FACT that nuclear weapons can easily have been sold to the highest bidder on the black market. Especially after the fall of the USSR

Here are also a few facts... The chemical weapons Sadam used to kill the kurds were given to him by the US .. The US has provided Isreal with nuclear weapons.

I do not doubt for 1 second that iran has a limited number of nuclear weapons.. The question is.. Are they insane enough to use them?

Ask yourself this.. Last year the Bush administration was beating the war drumbs about North Korea's nuclear program.. All the sign's were there for a military strike.. Then NK detonated a small bomb..

Why is it after all the media hype and bush telling the world he would not allow NK to have nuclear weapons nothing happend after NK proved they had one?

The same goes for Iran... I think the Bush administration knows Iran has nukes and that is why nothing has happened and prob will not unless Iran is stupid enough to use nukes first.

At the end of the day we the people here in the USA are the ones to blame for Iraq, Iran, and countless other debacles in history because of our involvements. IE getting the democratically elected leader of Iran overthrown and replacing him with the nutcase who leads the country now.

Same with Iraq.. We supported Sadam ............... Among other ruthless dictators throughout the world.

When are we going to learn to keep our noses out of other countries affairs?
I fear my fellow countrymen and woman here in the USA are just too stupid fat and lazy to care about what is going on until it is too late and the rabid dogs we have created turn around and bite us in our collective ass's

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Mainly because very shortly after, NK began panicking and now they have agreed to destroy their nuke program and associated facilities and have begun doing so.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Why is it after all the media hype and bush telling the world he would not allow NK to have nuclear weapons nothing happend after NK proved they had one?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
CIA Director George Tenet:

Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by DOcean]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HiddenReality

1991, I have 10 million dollars, and I want a tactical nuke, where would I go? Hmmm, maybe the splintered, suffering former Soviet states? It is a fact that at least 14 nuclear devices of varying yeilds are still missing from the Soviet arsenal. I you really think you cant buy a nuke then I think you need to wake up. Just wait till someone uses one, thats the only way to know for sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Not all of us are fat or lazy my friend, some of us are ready and waiting, some of us are already working behind the scenes, and some of us are perched on the high ground....

new topics

top topics

join