It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Defending His illegal activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Bush Defends Secret Spying in the U.S.

Dec 18, 2:40 AM (ET)

By JENNIFER LOVEN

WASHINGTON (AP) - Facing angry criticism and challenges to his authority in Congress, President Bush on Saturday unapologetically defended his administration's right to conduct secret post-Sept. 11 spying in the United States as "critical to saving American lives."

Massive copy-and-past from a news source removed.
Do not past content from other sites. This is a clear T&C violation which is clearly stated numerous places througout ATS/BTS/PTS.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Dosnt it distrutb anyone that 30 years ago Nixion was force from the Whitehouse because he lied about giving authorization for simila actions. In 2005 Bush admits to spying on the general population and it hardly registers on the radar.

Of what Bush made public is the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
SpartanKingLeonidas, here is a link for that story that you posted.

www.lasvegassun.com...

Bush said congressional leaders had been briefed on the operation more than a dozen times. That included Democrats as well as Republicans in the House and Senate, a GOP lawmaker said.

It would have been nice had Bush thought to notify those US citizens that are not in the House and Senate.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
it does disturb me, deeply. especially since what nixon did isn't even half of what the current administration is allowed to do legally, or what it does anyway illegally.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All of this over a book deal. The NYT's knew of this story over a year ago. But held it back to coincide with a book release.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So far Bush has done everything illegal that other presidents has done with repercussions and more and still he sit in his throne unscathed.

Why is That? because the power that supports him has become Omnipotent when it comes to the decisions of the leaders in our country and the ones that are supposed to watch over us all.

We are defenseless against that power.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Let's compare Bush to Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Roosevelt interned over 100,000 Japanese during wartime. Bush listened to phonecalls of suspected terrorist during wartime.

I understand both policies, but Roosevelt's was just a little more extreme than Bush.

Both men made their decisions on what they thought was best for the country, and both should be applauded.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Let's compare Bush to Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Or we could stay on topic and actually discuss the issues at hand...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Okay, let's go back to FDR vs Bush, in comparison for a moment.

Just so everyone knows, for future reference, I do not mind My thread that I post, straying off the original thread, as long you don't make a major change, or you go back to the original thought on the thread by the end of your comment, I'm not a meanie.

FDR, knew in advance, that Pearl Harbor was going to happen, it's been documented, he took advantage of the Japanese, by blockading their oil & petroleum supplies in the South Pacific. It's been documented, & they're spreading that all over the History Channel, nothing new to it, just that Americans were blind to what FDR was already seeing & planning. Basically said, he sucked them into a trap, to get them to retaliate, thereby getting the US pulled into the War.

Nothin new about this, it was Politics as usual. FDR has been quoted, or talked about, that he always like to do one thing with one hand, while the other didn't know what the first was up to. He was a master manipulator. The American people didn't want to get involved in WWII, because we'd had enough after WWI.

Bush, took advantage of Sept 11th, to spread the War on Terror & it's influences, from Sea to Shining Sea. Did he know about it in advance? I think he's just as manipulative as FDR, just not as good at covering it up, but also you gotta remember, George Herbert Walker Bush Sr, was Assistant Director of the CIA during Vietnam. Another master manipulator, showing his son the ropes. The FBI, CIA, NSA, & other Intelligence Agenicies all had heard in advance, that there was going to be a major terrorist action on American soil. So, let's not play this coy game, that we didn't know, again, the American people were oblivious to it, like the Government likes us to be.

You ask, Sea to Shining Sea...what on Earth is he talking about in this post...? Well, think about it...we had a "Terrorist Attack" by Timothy McVeigh, in Oklahoma at the FBI's headquarters, a Federal building, making the appearance that the Government on American soil has been attacked, on actual American soil, not some American Embassy in another country, & then we had an American city, New York with a "Terrorist Attack". A city, who is a multitude of different races, ethinicities & levels of Americans, both rich & poor, new & old.

So, both the Government & the actual American people have now been screwed to the post, they've been attacked, & President Bush, knowing just like FDR did, that Americans don't care about something, unless they are directly involved, did the same thing with Sept 11th.

Duping the masses isn't easy, but it is not impossible, if you know how to change the mindset of the people in a large way, & all at once.

The problem is, not everyone is as stupid as the Politicians think they are, & the problem with that is, the majority of the population is as stupid as they think, they're the ones who drown out you & I in here, & the real World.

So, don't just speak in here & post in here, think out what you want to say, & pick the person selectively in the real World & show them what's right in front of their face, that they're not seeing...before it's too late.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Since I am so good at getting off topic...

Compare Bush to what Carter and Clinton did.

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm going through here and getting all of My old posts back into the action to see what people think and get comments. Please feel free to add comment to any of My old posts and or new posts.

new topics

top topics

join