It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuffed Tomatoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone ever done this. It's a really simple recipe and boy are they good. Depending on how many you want to feed, I suggest 2 tomatoes apiece.

10 small tomatoes
olive oil
cheese (maybe a nice swiss)

You clean the tomatoes, slice of the top, and very carefully cut out the insides. You then place a few pieces of cheese on the inside and coat them with a little bit of olive oil. Wrap them in aluminum foil and place them on the grill. Give them about 5-6 minutes on low heat and Viola!

They are great with steaks and cous-cous.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
hmmm, tried this with adding crushed garlic, chives, anchovies, olives, and cheddar cheese... was sooooo yum.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I've done a simular recipe by putting the stuffed tomatoes in a shallow pan coated with olive oil and putting them under the broiler until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown. If you cook them hot and fast the fruit will stay firm and hold it's shape.

I always use homemade garlic salt and crushed jalapinos on them to give a bit more zing.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thanks All!

While I haven't tried these just yet, you can be sure they will be welcome additions to my recipe book.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Nice recipe. I love tomatoes. In the summer when I BBQ a lot I'll slice field tomatos in HUGE section, prinkle with salt, pepper medley, add a bit of garlic, and sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top, and set them on the grill for 5 mins of so.

I also love skewering baby tomatos with baby boccocinos. YUM<

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My mum has done stuffed tomatoes with giant ones put some green stuff in (not sure what it was) and some feta cheese she loves em ( i hate tomatoes) i think but im not to sure if there a big thing in places like Italy think thats where she got her recipe from.

new topics

top topics

join