It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nickelodeon Employee Arrested for Molesting Child at Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
An employee at the Nickelodeon kids' network was arrested on allegations he was molesting a teenage boy at the studios. The boy's mother became suspicious of the man when he seemed to be spending an inordinate amount of time with her son, then discovered he was a registered sex offender and notified police:

FOX News

BURBANK, Calif. — A convicted sex offender who worked as a production assistant at Nickelodeon Animation Studios was arrested on suspicion of molesting a boy at the studio, police said.

Ezell Channel, 36, was arrested Thursday at the studio's parking lot and charged with two felonies.

The mother of the victim, a teenage boy, became suspicious of Channel when he began spending time with her son, said city police department Sgt. Jay Jette. She later checked his name on the state's Megan's Law Web site and found he was a registered sex offender with a listing for "lewd or lascivious acts with child under 14 years."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If anyone should be looking at these sex offender lists, it should be employers that cater to kids. How a sex offender was able to get a job at Nickelodeon is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What makes this story even worse is that it all could have been prevented by a simple internet search. If Nickelodeon doesn't bother to check the sex offender registry, then I can't imagine what kinds of sick people have made it past their vetting process, or lack thereof.

Any business that involves children or caters to children should at the very LEAST check the sex offender registry. Hell, I think every employer should check it regardless of the type of business they have.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hey, it's no biggie...

Just transfer him to a different studio. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well at least he won't have to commute from Venice to Burbank anymore.

Find him Here. Just plug in his first and last names.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Did you guys watch that Dateline thing on predators? 19 guys showed up and one dumbass who was caught did the same thing the very next day and tried to meet up with another boy at McDonalds and was caught by NBC again. How stupid do you have to be?

The police did a sting and nabbed 30 guys as well, i wouldn't have thought so many were out there. What kid is dumb enough to meet up with these pervs anyway? All these employers should do background checks on the people they hire, especially if they will be working with kids.

What is to stop citizens from doing there own stings and wait with silenced weapons and shoot every tard that walks through? Hint Hint

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would, Ninja, and pardon my being blunt here, but I have three girls.................just watch "A Time To Kill"to know how I feel. I work in the lower levels of law enforcement.......I wouldn't wait for the cops. Man, I hate these people!! Crimes commited against/amongst adults is one thing, still bad, but stuff like this makes my blood boil, and brings a tear to my eye.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by irishmen3g]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I really just have one thing to say, well rather a question.

Was the boy consenting or not?
Because it seems to me, for this guy to spend that much time with him, the boy must have been consenting.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
How in the world does a man..excuse me beast, get to tie down a job that involves getting close to children? Sounds to me as if the people who hired him either did not look far enoungh into his history. Could the production co. be held liable if it is found out tha the did molest this young boy?
My feeling on the subject is that the perp should be prevented from working in any line of work involving children of any kind.
Justice is swift in some parts of our country for people such as him.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I really just have one thing to say, well rather a question.

Was the boy consenting or not?
Because it seems to me, for this guy to spend that much time with him, the boy must have been consenting.

While it doesn't say how old the kid is we can probably safely assume the kid is well under 18. That being said, whether or not an underage person is consenting is irrelevant. The kid was probably consenting to meet the guy, but would not be consenting to molestation or rape. If you meet someone of the the opposite sex and they consent to meet you, they are not consenting to sex automatically, and if they aren't then rape is still a crime.

Why are you trying to defend a known child molester?

This whole issue is being brought up alot lately by the MSM. I have no problem with a one strike law passed on sex offenders, I don't think that they can ever pay their debt to society for these crimes.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i think all the cartoons and the teen shows made him get some dieas

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

For one, I was just simply asking a question, because in some cases the charges against the man would be different if the boy was consenting, than if he ws not.

And, it is my own personal belief, that if the boy was consenting, not to just mean the man, but also for any sexual activity, than it should'nt be anyones business. Of course that is however not how the law works.

Also, I believe I read that the boy was 14.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

For one, I was just simply asking a question, because in some cases the charges against the man would be different if the boy was consenting, than if he ws not.

And, it is my own personal belief, that if the boy was consenting, not to just mean the man, but also for any sexual activity, than it should'nt be anyones business. Of course that is however not how the law works.

Also, I believe I read that the boy was 14.

so what your saying is it's ok to molest a 14 year old BOY as long as he says its ok. a 14 year old is neither legally or mentally capable of making those kind of life altering decisions. thats why there's laws against such acts. sounds to me like you should be strung up right alongside the sick moron that commited this CRIME

[edit on 1-1-2006 by ministock]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

so what your saying is it's ok to molest a 14 year old BOY as long as he says its ok.

I would not technically consider it to be molesting him, if he were consenting, if he was not, than I would.

A 14 year old is neither legally or mentally capable of making those kind of life altering decisions. thats why there's laws against such acts.

On the contrary, a 14 year old (of either gender) is quite capable of making a decision to allow another person to touch and/or be with them sexually, of course in cases in which the person is retarded, for lack of a kinder word, it is different.

As for the laws, I'm not going to say there are no such things, because I'm not an idiot, however they are laws that I personally disagree with to a point, but follow nonetheless.

Sounds to me like you should be strung up right alongside the sick moron that commited this CRIME .

Why, just because my opinion is different from yours or societies in general? So all the sudden because you/the majority dislike my opinion/beliefs, that gives you the right t terminate my existance?
That is just plain wrong.

I'd like to add to, that one of the great civilisations of the past that people look up to, and say was so great, allowed relationships between 14 year old boys and older men, and it did not screw up there society.

Also, in case you're wondering, I'm 17, and yes, I was quite capable of making a decision like that when I was 14, and if I was in that situation when I was of the afore mentioned age, I'd be in consent.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by iori_komei]

new topics

top topics

join