It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry is really John Kohn (Jewish)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I didn't know this about Kerry because I never really researched it but find it very interesting. Did you know he is Jewish and his last name technically is Kohn, not Kerry.

Read this:

"Kerry's paternal grandfather, Frederick A. Kerry (born Fritz Kohn), was born on May 10, 1873 in the town of Horní Benešov, Austria-Hungary (in what is now the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic), and grew up in Mödling, Austria (a small town near Vienna). His wife Ida (née Loewe) was born in Budapest, Hungary. They were both German-speaking Ashkenazi Jews. But in 1901, Fritz Kohn converted from Judaism to Catholicism and changed his name to Frederick Kerry. His wife Ida also converted at the same time. They then immigrated to the United States, arriving at Ellis Island in 1905. They raised their three children, including John's father, as Catholics. A Czech historian believes that Ida was a descendant of Sinai Loew, one of three older brothers of Rabbi Judah Loew (1525-August 22, 1609), a famous Kabbalist, philosopher and talmudist known as the Maharal of Prague. Two of Ida Kohn's siblings, Otto Loewe and Jenni Loewe, died in the Nazi extermination camps (Theresienstadt and Treblinka, respectively), after being deported from Vienna in 1942. Frederick Kerry himself committed suicide in the Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston on November 23, 1921."

en.wikipedia.org...

Judah Loew ben Bezalel (Maharal of Prague)
en.wikipedia.org...

==================

His grandparents are Fritz Kohn and Née Loewe, who converted to Catholicism and changed there last names to Kerry to enter the U.S. and escape the Nazis. Which would make him technically John Kohn.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow that is really very interesting; where did you get this information?

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I belong to another forum that posted that same thing when Kerry went to run for the Presidency. I'm surprised that most people aren't aware of that fact.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What exactly is the issue here with a politicians ethnicity?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
John Kerry/Kohn is also an alien.

top topics

join