It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Snake trys to pull a buffalo up a cliff for its supper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
fattyp, where'd you get your pic? i agree it's pretty creepy, but i want to know where it's from and exactly what it is.

ive seen it on snopes before...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Honestly i forget that not everyone realises just how big some snake species can be.

The largest uncomfirmed snake (reticulated python) to be captured is apparently 49ft (19m) in length, located in Indonesia.

The largest confirmed snake overall however was the Green anaconda, with a maximum verified length of 10.1m.

There have been numorous encounters with the green anaconda, which although to this day has remained illusive in its capture (therefore its confirmation), has been reported to be up to 30ft.

The Anaconda is much heavier, and more deadly so i would prefer to take my chances with the 30ft anaconda than the 49ft reticulated python.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The snake in the 'snake vs roo' pic is an olive python, below is a link to it. It makes reference to the ABC Far North Queensland website. I tried seraching for it but to no avail!

www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/python-roo

Awesome photo! Unfortunately for the snake, it reports that he tried for an hour and then had to give up!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xeroxedprophet

the guy who posted "Why would a snake bite a fence?" snakes hunt with heat scensors. if its hot, it will be bit, i.e. a hot eletric fence.

and also, those pics arn't photoshopped

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join