It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Snake trys to pull a buffalo up a cliff for its supper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
how big is this snake i mean buffalos are big and that snake is massive and its got the strength to pull it up the cliff quite a bit !!

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ThE TrUtH 11 5 5]

[edited to correct img tags and use larger pic, plese review Zed's Handbook for image coding......and check your u2us -nygdan]

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
dude thats been posted before and it was determined that it was a kangaroo, not a buffalo.... sorry dude, good try tho...

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
A carpet python(?) eating a wallaby IMO, the sizes of both would be about right. Nonetheless a cool pic though.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, it's obviously NOT a buffalo... I'm also guessing that how the photograph was taken that it makes both animals look MUCH larger than it really is...

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

pretty damn creepy!

[edit on 16-12-2005 by fattyp]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
please state where you got your info from, and provide a link please,

Asala

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The post with the python biting the fence... Why would a python latch itself to the fence? The first pic looks photoshopped, as the head looks distored, especially at the tip of the head. The second one ALSO looks photoshopped... the wiring looks completely fake.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the truth please read your u2u's

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i found it of google i dont mnow the correct link

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
well hun, you can't just google images, save them and repost them without giving credit to the original source. Some images may have copyrights to them and you would be in violation. So please stop creating these threads, without the original source.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I apologize for not providing a link for my photos as I've had them saved in one of my 'pics' folders for quite some time. I'm unsure of their origin.

I do remember that the snake had apparently been eating sheep from a ranch and that the wire/fence was electric. I'd imagine that the snake had bitten the fence in an attempt to get it to 'stop electrocuting' it.

I will be more respectful in the future and post origins of pics.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't think that either pic is photoshopped. The first is just a snake latched on to a small animal. Notice there is nothing in the photo for scale. In other larger files (they've come up in this forum before), you can see that its not a buffalo but some sort of deer, probably a small one.

Same with the other photo. Its a fat snake, with nothing for scale in the photo, thus, it appears huge.

Its all in perspective and indications of scale. These photos here weren't photoshopped, they're absolutely real, just the perspective is whacked.

Photos from San Juan Photo, which has lots of great stuff on it.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
regards the snake vs " buffalo " -

looking at the prey , its hind legs are huge , as is its tail - with small fore limbs - a juvenille roo ? ????

as for size - i doubt it is very big

regards the snake in the fence :

look at where the snake jaws touch the wires - its gums are distorted - that makes me think its probally genuine

as for size - as NYGDAN points out - there is no perspective - if you assume the fence wires are std guage wre , then guessing the pitch on the post - gives you a large but not abnormal snake in an embarrasing pickle

its a rock python - common in africa - and size wise i would guesstimate 15 feet

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It is obvious the snake is completing an electic fence circuit, and is dead. The muscle contractions made it latch onto the fence. Take a closer look.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've seen both of the images before, both on ATS and other sites.

Both pics have been verified. And yes, the fence one is because it is electric. The pictures are probably originally from this site:
www.bushveld.co.za...

The Rock python is Africa's largest snake. The rock python eats mammals and birds......
.....The snake in this picture had eaten a full grown Impala ewe and, sadly, caught itself in an electric fence.
Over four metres in length, this was a large specimen.

My best guess is that it didn't actually die from the body touching, but that it got stuck in the fence because of the full stomach, and struck at the fence with it's fangs (Thinking it was some sort of animal holding it, or something), and then got finished off.

I can't find the original source of the python eating the kangaroo/wallaby any more though.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
fattyp pics aren't fake or photoshoped.

I've already seen them on internet ( don't remember where ). I saved them on my HD with these name " Python 01 & 02 " . I guess I did it because it's a Python.

There was also another one, with a guy standing behind the snake. He wasn't so close of the pyhton and was really taking care of what he was doing.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
fattyp, where'd you get your pic? i agree it's pretty creepy, but i want to know where it's from and exactly what it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The pic of the snake in the fence is real, i saw actual video footage on tv somewhere the other day. It took afew men to sort the situation out. And the snake didnt die.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by Brett]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My God, that's a HUGE snake.

Glad the 3 times I've been to Australia I've never run into one yet.

I ran into a 5 foot Guyana though at Pebbly Beach, he was big. I don't have the picture on this comp, or I'd share it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join