It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Tell Me Why - Above Top Secret Hip-Hop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

PODcast: Tell Me Why
A short lil' hip hop track I made, enjoy!

length: 01:35
file: btsmpod_1069.mp3
size: 1498k
feed: btsm

[edit on 12/16/2005 by DezertSkies]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow! I really like that! Very different and interesting. I'll have to listen a few times to get all the lyrics, but I love the feel of it, the message. Good job! Got more?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thanks! No more just yet, i got home from work last night, picked up the mic and went at it. Was hard to get through without laughing. I had so much fun making it i'll probably do another one soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
i'll probably do another one soon.

Make it really soon, I loved that tune!

Keep it coming, we need more cool stuff like that!1

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
BIG tune

I can't wait to hear more

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Much more professional than I imagined it would be

You have inspired me to perhaps try making my own podcast music, only I don't know how to make my own good original background music. Can someone give me some help in this area? Special programs or methods?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
WORD!!! If you feel like it, would you mind uploading a podcast of just the lyrics, I'd like to do a remix if that's alright

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Werd

Dude, that's um... how you say? ah yes... "def".

Way cool! Very neat style and quite inspiring.

Beware though, rhymes like these may cause the Majic G to come out of his hermetic seclusion deep in the heart of the Marcy Projects.

Peace out, yo.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Haha, professional? Not quite. That was a cheesy beatloop from a collection i got, recored with a $20 radioshack mic in a room with bad acoustics and much feedback. I mixed down in Fruityloops and added the explosions and laserbeams and stuff, tossed it together in about 2 hours. Very far from anything resembling studio work or real production effort, i even created it on a computer i rescued from a trashbin, how's that for keepin' it real ghettostyle?

The vocal track i have probably isn't clean enough for remixing, but if you want i can email it to ya, just u2u me with your @ddress.

Majic G, come out the projects and bring it.

For those interested, check out Audacity. It's the FREE multitrack software i used to do it up. It allows a lot of freedom when using it to multitrack and has a nice clean interface. That, and it's free. Then all you need is a mic and download some free beats or buy a beat/loop cd. If you use Fruityloops and are dope enough, you can make your own beats on your PC. Also check out Rebirth from Proprllerheads software, it's a synth pack with twin 303's an 808 and a 909 with step/real sequencer in one cool software package. Mostly i use fruity and audacity tho, those are my favorites.

Thanks for listening guys, at first i was afraid it would be a waste of time to post but it seems there's an appreciation for conspiracy related weird ass hip hop here.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The vocal track i have probably isn't clean enough for remixing, but if you want i can email it to ya, just u2u me with your @ddress.

You could just upload it here (as a reply). Sound quality's not a big issue, I just wanna do a mash up and upload it here. Thanx

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I liked it man.

Good content.
Did you create the beat?

Keep it up.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How I miss this one?

Real nice--beat strange and the delivery was kinda mushmouth but that only added to the weird vibe...puts me in the mind of AesopRock a lil cause ya voice all raspy...I love AesopRock...that's one of his quotables in my sig...maybe, because with Aesop you never really catch the words just the vibe.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I came up with it after listening to aesop, dose, and deep puddle dynamics all day, hence the aesop-esque sound. Like i said i wasn't worried about perfection as much as i was with picking it up and spittin' an odd lil verse just cause i wanted to.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Amasing. i give you credit. i didnt expect it to be that good.

good... no i mean fantastic!!

keep them coming i liked it alot!

oni x x

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Aesop is the king of "oh shoot, what did he just say". He's dope but a lot of hiphop headz don't feel him cause of his sound. I can't get enough though. Keep it up dezert...hope you drop something else soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
WHOA! Sweet.

More please.

...and it would be great if you put the lyrics up here.
:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
yo i know there's a few awake out ther really payin attention
tighten up your tinfoil hatstrap i got some things i'd like to mention
first **** king george boot his *** out the door
along wit all his homeys and there'll be less receession and war
i mean before world war 3 exterminates dissent from you or me
before barely-free society becomes anti-free
it's not a prophecy but i envision with precision
i see locked doors as robotic society self imprisons
as millions fail to see thru chem-TV clouded vision
that the condominiums are the new world order prisons
and speaking of chems and clouds why?
i go out the house to find what used to be the sky
blotted out
so i'll shout about it until i get my sunhine back
cause my solar cells don't work so well if the sky is black
makes me wanna interact with the corporate infrastructure
with a handheld hafnium isomer tipped missile launcher
hope i'll haunt ya when i bring more mad imagery and metaphors
that are stored in the zero point energy force that surrounds us
that bounds us to our perceptionary reel manifested as inertia
it's a force that you can feel accellerate your mind to the threshold of the value of C stop time now back up and rewind G don't be blind
to what lay behind you will find we still trudge these same broken times built on lies every post-milllenium dollar bill with verichips in the "all seeing eye" like staring at Ra you'll go blind in you mind tryin to comprehend and find how the whole undefined mega plan is intertwined raise my fist and resist i wanna be there in the midst when the flying saucer people get pissed come blastin lasers flashin from the stratosphere to with the sound of 1000 apocalypses filling the atmosphere. Tell me why

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey all, I just dropped a new 'cast, another original hip hop joint, check it out here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've got another track i'm working up, and hopefully i'l have another up soon.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow, I missed this one too. GREAT podcast, I loved it!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Conspiracy related hip hop is a lot of fun, such a fertile topic to rap about, and it helps increase my vocab. Thanks to ATS for providing the inspiration to pick up the mic and spit about flying saucers and new world orders.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join