It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As anticipated and predicted, the Iraq elections are a HUGE success.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, the naysayer’s have even less to complain about after yesterdays landslide election victory in Iraq. Early estimates are that 70% or more turned out to cast their votes, unprecedented numbers.

70% btw, is much higher man many established democracies can claim for voter turnout with no threat of violence. There is no doubt the Iraqi's have embraced their new right to choose their leaders and live in a democratic and free country.

With the Sunni endorsement for these elections, violence was all but non existent and the votes represent the masses, excluding no group or party. Even the insurgents backed the elections!!!!

My friends, Iraq is now a free country and will soon be governed by the leaders of the people, and chosen by the people.

Once the coalition backed ISF and the people of Iraq purge the remaining Iranian and Syrian backed terrorists from their new democracy, Iraq will finally be the great nation that it is and the Iraqis can enjoy life once more without tyranny and terror.

My fellow free brothers and sisters in Iraq, I solute you and your bravery.

I also thank the people who had the vision and conviction to follow through with this liberation for the Iraqi people. All brave and honored heroes!!

Maybe someday the haters of democracy and the west will realize the amazing victory this has been for the Iraqi’s. Unfortunately my confidence for that enlightenment is very low. Well, they can brew in their negativity, in the mean time me and my victorious pro coalition and Iraqi peers will be reveling in victory!

VIVA IRAQ!!!

www.atsnn.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.frontpagemag.com...
www.frontpagemag.com...
www.debka.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
woohoo!!! And most importantly it was singular day of peace. I'm very happy that the Iraqi people had a day of reprieve from the terrorism we brought to their land and for the glimmer of hope they enjoyed by acting out the democratic process. I wish them all the success and speedy recovery so our people can come home.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I was expecting a modest 50-60% turnout...This just blows that away, Iraq truely is on its way.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don’t want what I am about to say construed as baiting, but where are all the Iraq naysayer’s on this issue? It’s very quiet out there regarding this topic. This is very good news regardless of what side of the fence your opinion falls, where are the comments?

Are we so "good news" blind that we cannot comment on it when its blatantly going on under our noses?

In some ways, this is typical as only bad news seems to generate comments from the anti West/Iraq sect...

This election will go down in Iraq's history as a watershed moment of absolute positivism, but somehow I think the "haters" will still somehow taint it...

Ahh well.

VIVA IRAQ!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Still no replies concerning this overwhelmingly fantastic news. Maybe I should have labeled this post like "USA kills kittens with nerve gas...", I would have gotten 1000 replies...

Anyways, here is a video circulating the net celebrating the fantactic Iraqi elections this past 15th:

VIVA IRAQ!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well here is one voice.

I am happy, very happy that this has gone well for the Iraqis. Here it comes.....

'
'
'
The president of the United states has no right to invade a nation. Absolutely none. Specially since we went to war with a country that posed no threat to us.
We went after Osama...Where oh where is he? Did we care?9/11 was at the very least allowed to happen if not masterminded here in this country.

Things went well? I am glad- you might say Bush is lucky (so far) it worked out that way.

SO FAR.....Soooooooo, let's take a look here. Despite Bush's pointing to the Iraq elections as "proof" the US did the right thing by invading Iraq, the reality is that the US destroyed the only secular government in the region and created in its place yet another fanatical theocracy that hates America and Americans.

This does not endear me to Bush and Company at all.

There you have it, a thought from the ATS nut ward!

[edit on 19-12-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yep, I'm a nay sayer. I'm also pleased as punch that the elections were peaceful and I hope this is the start of the Democracy envisioned by our leaders. If this is the wave of the future, I'm glad. I'm not so ideological as to think I can't be wrong.

All anyone really wants out of this short time we have on this planet is Peace, Love and understanding. I wish that for all men, no exceptions, in this season that we celebrate the birth of the "Prince of Peace."

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Mission Accomplished!

No reason to stay over there and wet nurse them any longer.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info
Mission Accomplished!

No reason to stay over there and wet nurse them any longer.
There you have it!
I couldnt have said it better.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I don’t want what I am about to say construed as baiting, but where are all the Iraq naysayer’s on this issue? It’s very quiet out there regarding this topic. This is very good news regardless of what side of the fence your opinion falls, where are the comments?

Are we so "good news" blind that we cannot comment on it when its blatantly going on under our noses?

In some ways, this is typical as only bad news seems to generate comments from the anti West/Iraq sect...

This election will go down in Iraq's history as a watershed moment of absolute positivism, but somehow I think the "haters" will still somehow taint it...

Ahh well.

VIVA IRAQ!

Uh, yes you are baiting. Only people like yourself want enemies and people who don't appreiciate the good progress in Iraq.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the gambling and strip clubs during your vacation in Iraq...

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Awesome news! Congratulations to the Iraqi people who now have their own elected government, and I say that without any qualification.

Good luck for the future!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Still no replies concerning this overwhelmingly fantastic news. Maybe I should have labeled this post like "USA kills kittens with nerve gas...", I would have gotten 1000 replies...

Anyways, here is a video circulating the net celebrating the fantactic Iraqi elections this past 15th:

VIVA IRAQ!!!

Well, I for one have less problem with the invasion of Iraq than with hte reasons we were given for it, but you seem to be wanting attention.

Saddam was elected in 1979. Since independance from British rule, Iraq has been a parliamentary democracy, following the British structure. Naturally Saddam changed this when he came in and assumed dictatorial power for hte course of the war with Iran. I ask you now, who was paying this dictator, arming him, and keeping him in power over his countrymen? Twelve years of Republicans, that's who. I wonder, had our ntion's leaders not funneled funds to this man, would his rule have lived as long as it did, reach to the heights of inhumanity it accomplished?

We'll never know. But it's fruit for thought.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So when do they start carving up Iraq into sections for our corporations to suck their economy dry?

Don't get me wrong, I'm elated that the Iraqi people are free of that beastly man Saddam, but one has to think, what kind of beast have we now unleashed on these poor people? We all know first hand how American "Capitalism" works!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I remember all the same ass slapping and high fiving from the WoT brigade at the first Iraq election.

Still managed to have the worst year in Iraq since the war began.

So yeah, good luck with 2006.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Updates to the Iraq election:

Sunni fraud claims over Baghdad polling
www.theherald.co.uk...

Sunni Arabs alleged yesterday that last week's parliamentary elections were fraudulent, especially in Baghdad pro-vince, and said that, if the irregularities are not corrected, new balloting must be held in Iraq's largest electoral district.
An electoral commission official said that, while more than 1000 complaints from the December 15 vote had been received and were being investigated, only 20 were "very serious," and he did not expect them to change the overall result, to be announced in early January.

Groups Reject Iraqi Vote, Claim Fraud
www.allheadlinenews.com...

Baghdad, Iraq (AHN) - Representatives from Sunni Arab, Kurdish and secular Shiite Arab groups on Thursday have rejected preliminary results of last week's election, claiming fraud and calling for an investigation.

The collective groups, known as Maram, are calling for new elections. Maram includes entities led by secular Shiites Ayad Allawi and Ahmed Chalabi and Sunni Arab groups, including one led by Saleh al-Mutlag. They are also asking for Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq, which oversaw last week's vote, to be disbanded and an alternative set up

Iraq's Election Result: A Divided Nation
www.focus-fen.net...

Iraq is disintegrating. The first results from the parliamentary election last week show the country is dividing between Shia, Sunni and Kurdish regions.
Religious fundamentalists now have the upper hand. The secular and nationalist candidate backed by the US and Britain was humiliatingly defeated.
The Shia religious coalition has won a total victory in Baghdad and the south of Iraq. The Sunni Arab parties who openly or covertly support armed resistance to the US are likely to win large majorities in Sunni provinces. The Kurds have already achieved quasi-independence and their voting reflected that.
The election marks the final shipwreck of American and British hopes of establishing a pro-Western secular democracy in a united Iraq.

U.N. rejects call to review Iraqi election results
www.startribune.com...

BAGHDAD - Sunni Arab and secular Shiite political factions demanded Thursday that an international body review complaints of voting fraud in last week's elections and threatened to boycott the new legislature.

The United Nations rejected the idea. "The U.N. is not going to conduct an independent review of the election results," U.N. spokesman Robert Sullivan said in New York.

The demand for a review came two days after preliminary returns indicated the current governing group, the Shiite United Iraqi Alliance, was getting bigger than expected majorities in Baghdad, which has large numbers of Shiites and Sunnis.

Iraq: Parties Complain Of Fraud, Call For Election Rerun
link

Leading Iraqi politicians announced on 21 December that they would launch their own investigation into allegations of election fraud in the 15 December parliamentary elections. The announcement followed word from the Iraqi Independent Election Commission (IECI) that some 1,200 complaints have been filed with the commission.

Electoral officials originally downplayed reports of alleged voter fraud, telling the media that the majority of complaints were minor and would have no impact on the final vote count.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think in hind sight it is all going to look like a huge waste of lives and resources.

From what i understnd they will introduce Sharia Law, thats only 1 step away from extremism.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
All Good in the Land of Democracy?

From Associated Press on Yahoo! News

Dozens of Sunni Arab and secular Shiite groups threatened to boycott Iraq's new legislature Thursday if complaints about tainted voting are not reviewed by an international body.

A representative for former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi described the Dec. 15 vote as "fraudulent" and the elected lawmakers "illegitimate."

A joint statement issued by 35 political groups that competed in last week's elections said the Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq, which oversaw the ballot, should be disbanded.

It also said the more than 1,250 complaints about fraud, ballot box stuffing and intimidation should be reviewed by international organizations such as the United Nations, the European Union, the Organization of the Islamic Conference or the Arab League.

"We hold the IECI responsible for all the violations which took place during the elections and demand that it be dissolved and a suitable alternative to be found," said the statement read by Ali al-Timimi, the head of the Hilla al-Fayha List, a secular Shiite ticket Babil province south of the capital.

"These elections are fraudulent, they are fraudulent, and the next parliament is illegitimate. We reject all this process," al-Janabi told a news conference.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Oh my my...

But, how can that be? The Elections were HUGE success?

If you only knew what all is in store for the Coalition forces in Iraq...

Things will get more Complicated.

Things will get out of Hand.

Things will get Bloody.

As I said a Thousand times before in my posts - Iraqi will errupt in a Bloody Civil War.

And War in Far from over...

[edit on 23/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
All Good in the Land of Democracy?

Oh my my...

But, how can that be? The Elections were HUGE success?

Things will get Bloody.

As I said a Thousand times before in my posts - Iraqi will errupt in a Bloody Civil War.

[edit on 23/12/05 by Souljah]

For once i agree with Souljah, you cant force Democracy on the unwilling, a leopard will never change its spots.

The sooner The world Makes Oil Obsolete the better things will be, and the ME can get back to the serious business of goat herding.

But we still need to ensure they dont aquire WMD's, all stirkes in the future against WMD proliferation should be surgical missile strikes, no more people on the ground, let the UN get off there arse for once.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Things will get Bloody.

So you believe the Iraqi people are incapable of being peacefull? Do you really think that less of them?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Banu hoshekh legharesh -- "We have come to banish darkness."

An American Jewish soldier of Iraqi descent lights the Menorah in Saddam Hussein's palace.

For too many years, the people of Iraq have suffered horrors that defy imagination. Like Antiochus, Saddam thought himself to be like a god, or at least like those demigods of Mesopotamian history, Nebuchadnezzar and Hammurabi, with whom his boundless vanity inclined him regularly to equate himself. "Epiphanes" indeed -- Saddam dispensed licentious pleasure and horrible pain, life and death, with the nonchalance of one who thought himself above humanity itself. [...]

Perhaps I am especially prone to feel empathy for Iraq's prisoners of conscience, for my grandfather was one of them. He and other leaders of the once large Iraqi Jewish community were arrested, paraded through the streets in leg irons, and summarily jailed [...]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join