It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone hates Iran now (Including Russia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Russia has publicly slammed Irans remarks

The remarks made by Iran’s hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may drive Iran into international isolation, Mikhail Margelov, the chairman of the Russian Federation Council International Affairs Committee, told Ekho Moskvy radio station

Click this

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My thinking is if everyone hates you, that's a good thing. That means there's a good likelihood that there won't be a war.

On the other hand if it's only the U.S. that hates you, you're in deep ca-ca. Well, it wouldn't be just the U.S., it would be the U.S. and an alliance of obscure countries just looking for a handout.

Iran is safe.

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
if the usa really has plans for war in iran, how can the recent comments and global outcry b helpful to iran?
having everyone hate iran does not make iran any safer from any usa or un actions. can u please explain how it has made iran safer?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
if the usa really has plans for war in iran, how can the recent comments and global outcry b helpful to iran?
having everyone hate iran does not make iran any safer from any usa or un actions. can u please explain how it has made iran safer?

Dr Love won’t explain. His comments are driven by hatred for the US, and if he attempts to explain them he would need to admit his dislike for America. I think his comments are a type of joke he is trying to make at the expense of the USA.

At least he is consistent...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Let me clarify, Iran is safe from war.

Originally posted by elitegamer23
.....usa or un...

Since when is the U.N. a factor? Haven't we learned our lesson yet?

...can u please explain how it has made iran safer?

No, you'll just have to trust me on that one.

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Dr Love won’t explain. His comments are driven by hatred for the US....

Yes, it's a deep, deep, deep hatred. I'm bitter that the U.S. isn't better at soccer........er.......I mean football. My seething hate blinds me.

At least he is consistent...

Well, at least I don't fall into that "flip-flopper" category. That's a good thing I guess.

Peace

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow I just seen some of the most childish responses ever. I hope that guy ( he knows who he is) is offering something to this site other than ignorant comments. Anyways, ignored......Iran is really pushing themselves into a really difficult situation. One of the only things I can see for them justifying any of these comments he has made recently is that he has a nuke ready and aimed at Israel the moment the threat of force is acted upon. I mean he would go down as the savior of Islam in some extremist circles and in others he would be going straight to hell because most of Muslims holy relics in Israel would be destroyed.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Iran is really pushing themselves into a really difficult situation.

- I totally disagree.

"Iran" isn't doing anything. This guy is not the 'body politic' in Iran and he is not the real power either.

They have a ceremonial head (a relatively 'powerless' version of President quite unlike that in the USA) who says offensive and objectionable things from time to time.

He seems to get slapped down and have people 'distance' themselves from him amongst their allies and fellow Iranians.

One of the only things I can see for them justifying any of these comments he has made recently is that he has a nuke ready and aimed at Israel the moment the threat of force is acted upon.

- Sorry but I think this is plain and obvious nuts.

He doesn't have the power to attack anyone and Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons.

I mean he would go down as the savior of Islam in some extremist circles and in others he would be going straight to hell because most of Muslims holy relics in Israel would be destroyed.

- .......and a nuclear attack on Israel with even a small handful of nuclear weapons is acting as a "saviour" to Islam how, exactly?

He (even if capable of such lunacy) would trigger a retaliation (with global approval) that would suicide his nation (how many million Muslim deaths would this "saviour" generate? ......and you think anyone would be of a mind to still see him as a "saviour"?!).

As you correctly say he would destroy some of Islam's most Holy sites in Israel and provoke the destruction of those Holy sites in Iran (and the several surrounding countries that might well get dragged in as the war brought others in).

Sorry but this whole idea is nuts.

If sense prevails there will be no war.

Israel is as likely to face this guy going nuts with a single or small number of nuclear weapons as she is to face a huge attack with the current easily missile deliverable biological and chemical weapons Iran already has and has had for the last decade.
ie not at all.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Iran is really pushing themselves into a really difficult situation.

- I totally disagree.

"Iran" isn't doing anything. This guy is not the 'body politic' in Iran and he is not the real power either.

This guy also would not say such things unless given permission by the Ayatolla

One of the only things I can see for them justifying any of these comments he has made recently is that he has a nuke ready and aimed at Israel the moment the threat of force is acted upon.

- Sorry but I think this is plain and obvious nuts.

He doesn't have the power to attack anyone and Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons.

Im not saying its not nuts but extremists generally are nuts, you know flying suicide missions into buildings and all. Im not saying he has nukes, but I dont put it out of the realm of possibility, NK built one right beneath the international communties nose.

- .......and a nuclear attack on Israel with even a small handful of nuclear weapons is acting as a "saviour" to Islam how, exactly?

He (even if capable of such lunacy) would trigger a retaliation (with global approval) that would suicide his nation (how many million Muslim deaths would this "saviour" generate? ......and you think anyone would be of a mind to still see him as a "saviour"?!).

As you correctly say he would destroy some of Islam's most Holy sites in Israel and provoke the destruction of those Holy sites in Iran (and the several surrounding countries that might well get dragged in as the war brought others in).

I completely agree, except for the possiblity that he would go down as a martyr who destroyed Israel and is looking at his legacy after he is gone. Most head of states, high ranking political members generally look for their legacy after they are gone, not while they are there.

Sorry but this whole idea is nuts.
So are all of his recent comments.

If sense prevails there will be no war.
There will be a war with Iran in the near future, I don't see extremists coming to their senses, especially this guy.

Israel is as likely to face this guy going nuts with a single or small number of nuclear weapons as she is to face a huge attack with the current easily missile deliverable biological and chemical weapons Iran already has and has had for the last decade.
ie not at all.
The difference is Iran has been supporting terrorism by proxy on Israel for the last decade plus. Giving the recent comments that "Israel should be moved to Alaska", "The holocaust never happened" and etc...I cant see Israel tolerating this much longer, let alone the international community at large.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So why is it Russia now hates Iran?
www.khazaria.com...

What if it was only 2million in the holocaust and not 6 million? Whats the difference??? Murder of any human beings, whether it be 1 or millions is wrong! Whether they are jew, gentile, atheist, catholic, budhist, pagan, yes even satanist. What about genocide in Africa, Iraq(committed by both Saddam,UN, USA, and UK) What about genocide in Asia?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I flat don't believe that Russia "hates" Iran now. As in most political dialogue, the parties know a few bad thoughts will be slung each others way to minimize the appearance of collusion which we know is occurring between Russia, China, and Iran.

They have long-term energy deals together, arms deals, etc. Occasionally, you need to complain about each other in the public eye to undermine appearances of a dangerous coalition (which it is).

That's all this is. When Russia and China finish their preparations for war with the US, they will cover the final overt prep by appearing to fight with one another to keep our guard down. Then, the US will be shocked to find both barrels pointed at them all of a sudden. It's not the first time this ploy has been used.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This guy also would not say such things unless given permission by the Ayatolla

- What "Ayatolla"?

Do you know how the power structures in Iran work?

Did you see the Iranian Parliamentarians publicly slapping this guy down?

This thread is badly titled.
Russia doesn't "hate" Iran, they get on well with the Iranians.
What they have found 'hateful' is this guys' comments, they are embarrassed by them and wish to distance themselves from them, that is all.

Im not saying its not nuts but extremists generally are nuts, you know flying suicide missions into buildings and all.

- That is about as removed from this situation as it is possible to get.

No matter what the superficial propaganda would have anyone believe stupid general statements from a ceremonial head of state in no way equate to a gang of suicide bombers killing umteen people in an actual attack.

Im not saying he has nukes, but I dont put it out of the realm of possibility, NK built one right beneath the international communties nose.

- He (and they) don't have nuclear weapons now.
No-one but the most partial believe that.

......and North Korea's nuclear weapon is not something that has been actually proved to date either.

I completely agree, except for the possiblity that he would go down as a martyr who destroyed Israel and is looking at his legacy after he is gone.

- Hmmm, some "legacy": a religious 'hero' who just happened to be responsible for the greatest single act of murder ever, who made his name cursed across the whole word (including amongst many of his fellow Muslim nations), who managed to get his nation utterly destroyed; large tracts of it's lands poisoned for decades/centuries and more of his own countryfolk/co-religionists wiped out in the single and most murderous 'war' ever (given the likely short duration and weapons used).

You might find that plausible, I don't.

Most head of states, high ranking political members generally look for their legacy after they are gone, not while they are there.

- Indeed yet most don't do the very thing likely to get their name cursed for centuries.

- Yes and that is all they are; mere comments.
They are merely ignorant, idiotic and offensive comments, not reasonable grounds for a new war.

There will be a war with Iran in the near future, I don't see extremists coming to their senses, especially this guy.

- The only way there will be a war is if the nutter element on the 'western side' decide to start one.

They are not going to attack anyone; they do not have the means and have shown no inclination to attack anyone in centuries (unlike some).

However they do have the ability to defend themselves and an attack on Iran would make Iraq look like a walk in the park IMO.

The difference is Iran has been supporting terrorism by proxy on Israel for the last decade plus.

- .....and this Iranian (like anyone sympathetic to the Palestinian peoples) would be able to point out (with similar logic and justification) that Israel is the USA's proxy in the ME who long ago moved from merely defending herself to attacking and terrorising those nations and peoples around her from time to time (and invariably with far heavier weaponry and hugely disproportionate force than has been used against her).

Giving the recent comments that "Israel should be moved to Alaska", "The holocaust never happened" and etc...I cant see Israel tolerating this much longer

- What is not to "tolerate"?

It's empty words from someone with no power to do anything.
Just like all those other empty words heard from time to time over the decades which were for some reason tollerable previously and not talked up into grounds for a war.

let alone the international community at large.

- The 'international community' has expressed it's disgust at those comments.......and that's all it will do.

The international community does not want another American (or US/Israeli) war in the ME, the current one is bad enough (and will leave us all with appalling repercussions to be dealing with for years if not decades to come).

You won't have found anyone talking about how these words 'justify' a new war or an attack on Iran outside of maybe the more ding-bat elements in the US and some of Israel.

(who ironically 'mirror' this idiot - though they obviously cannot see it themselves - as they seriously contemplate and imagine the deaths of hundreds of thousands/ millions of innocents - the unintended 'collateral'
deaths - somehow 'worth it'....... in the long run.
Genuinely crazy people.)

[edit on 16-12-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Wow I just seen some of the most childish responses ever. I hope that guy ( he knows who he is) is offering something to this site other than ignorant comments.

I'm assuming you're talking about me since my comments were the most childish.

......Iran is really pushing themselves into a really difficult situation. One of the only things I can see for them justifying any of these comments he has made recently is that he has a nuke ready and aimed at Israel the moment the threat of force is acted upon. I mean he would go down as the savior of Islam in some extremist circles and in others he would be going straight to hell because most of Muslims holy relics in Israel would be destroyed.

Do you go off this half-cocked on everything? Do you really think Iran is going to launch a nuclear missle at anybody? Are you kidding me? For the sake of argument let's say Iran did launch a nuclear weapon. In no time at all Iran would be wiped off the map. Nobody would consider this guy anything but vaporized.

Now that's all assuming Iran's missle/missles even got off the ground. Even if there was a remote possibility that Iran actually did decide to do the unthinkable, their missles would never even make it off the ground in my opinion. Iran's got Israel and the U.S. (right next door) keeping tabs on them 24/7. They would know the instant those missles started fueling up.

You need to relax and take a breather. Don't buy in to all the fear mongering. Posturing is all this is. If the U.S. or Israel were to get in to a nuclear exchange, it's because they wanted it for some reason and not the other way around.

To be honest people like you scare the hell out of me. You're being brainwashed and conditioned and you don't even realize it. You go around fearing the worst, not thinking clearly. People like you doom us all!

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im not saying by any means that Iran would do such a stupid thing. I brought it up as a 1 in a trillion possibility and thats probably generous odds. I know it wont happen, but rather than bring more discussion to the topic.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Russia has publicly slammed Irans remarks

The remarks made by Iran’s hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may drive Iran into international isolation, Mikhail Margelov, the chairman of the Russian Federation Council International Affairs Committee, told Ekho Moskvy radio station

Click this

What Mr. Mikhail Margelov, told, is for the international media consumption, because the truth is: Russia (and China) supports Iran.

Whatever you might see or read in Western media is probably false or altered. Read other news from Asian media and Eastern media and judge for yourself

I will leave you a link:

www.atimes.com...
A small quote:"The military implementation of the George W Bush administration's unilateralist foreign policy is creating monumental changes in the world's geostrategic alliances. The most significant of these changes is the formation of a new triangle comprised of China, Iran and Russia."

4-Jun-2005
Crustas

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
- What "Ayatolla"?
Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei

Do you know how the power structures in Iran work?
Yes 100%.

Did you see the Iranian Parliamentarians publicly slapping this guy down?
No line please.

This thread is badly titled.
Russia doesn't "hate" Iran, they get on well with the Iranians.
What they have found 'hateful' is this guys' comments, they are embarrassed by them and wish to distance themselves from them, that is all.
I agree with this.

Im not saying its not nuts but extremists generally are nuts, you know flying suicide missions into buildings and all.

- That is about as removed from this situation as it is possible to get.

No matter what the superficial propaganda would have anyone believe stupid general statements from a ceremonial head of state in no way equate to a gang of suicide bombers killing umteen people in an actual attack.
All in reference to what extremism equates to.

- He (and they) don't have nuclear weapons now.
No-one but the most partial believe that.
Im not saying they do, but I am also not saying they don't. Can you prove it either way with 100% certainty? I cant.

......and North Korea's nuclear weapon is not something that has been actually proved to date either.
Agreed, but its leaning far more towards than it is against.

I completely agree, except for the possiblity that he would go down as a martyr who destroyed Israel and is looking at his legacy after he is gone.

- Hmmm, some "legacy": a religious 'hero' who just happened to be responsible for the greatest single act of murder ever, who made his name cursed across the whole word (including amongst many of his fellow Muslim nations), who managed to get his nation utterly destroyed; large tracts of it's lands poisoned for decades/centuries and more of his own countryfolk/co-religionists wiped out in the single and most murderous 'war' ever (given the likely short duration and weapons used).

You might find that plausible, I don't.
Agree to disagree.

Most head of states, high ranking political members generally look for their legacy after they are gone, not while they are there.

- Indeed yet most don't do the very thing likely to get their name cursed for centuries.
Cursed by some, immortalized by others, even if it is just a small group.

- Yes and that is all they are; mere comments.
They are merely ignorant, idiotic and offensive comments, not reasonable grounds for a new war.
Its not only his comments, its built around other actions, such as the proxy terrorist war against Israel, the support of terrorist organizations, the nuclear situation and the comments all together are all viewed by many as very threatening. I agree that words alone dont mean a thing,b ut add on top the other situations and thats scary.

- The only way there will be a war is if the nutter element on the 'western side' decide to start one.

They are not going to attack anyone; they do not have the means and have shown no inclination to attack anyone in centuries (unlike some).
Anti-Americanism huh? I can deal with that. As far as not showing any inclination of attacking someone, explain the proxy war against Israel which Iran supports.

However they do have the ability to defend themselves and an attack on Iran would make Iraq look like a walk in the park IMO.
I disagree only because of the pro-American element in Iran. I dont think it would be easy by any means, and surely not like Iraq, but it also wouldnt be a Vietnam IMO.

The difference is Iran has been supporting terrorism by proxy on Israel for the last decade plus.

- .....and this Iranian (like anyone sympathetic to the Palestinian peoples) would be able to point out (with similar logic and justification) that Israel is the USA's proxy in the ME who long ago moved from merely defending herself to attacking and terrorising those nations and peoples around her from time to time (and invariably with far heavier weaponry and hugely disproportionate force than has been used against her).
Go back and look at why Israel attacked and why the US started supporting Israel. This is like choosing between democracy or communism, which would you choose?

Giving the recent comments that "Israel should be moved to Alaska", "The holocaust never happened" and etc...I cant see Israel tolerating this much longer

- What is not to "tolerate"?

It's empty words from someone with no power to do anything.
Just like all those other empty words heard from time to time over the decades which were for some reason tollerable previously and not talked up into grounds for a war.
Read above for similiar rebutal.

let alone the international community at large.

- The 'international community' has expressed it's disgust at those comments.......and that's all it will do.
That doesnt concern you?I would be pleased with Sanctions of such and possibly more.

The international community does not want another American (or US/Israeli) war in the ME, the current one is bad enough (and will leave us all with appalling repercussions to be dealing with for years if not decades to come).
Ill completely disagree. Not with the part of the international community, but the fact that it will leave us with appaling repercussions.

You won't have found anyone talking about how these words 'justify' a new war or an attack on Iran outside of maybe the more ding-bat elements in the US and some of Israel.
Like I said its not only the words.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei

- Ah, the guy who has said so little about any of this.

I just don't think you can make those kind of assumptions (that he ok'd this kind of thing)

No line please.

- There is another better one here (maybe someone will remember better than I) but this one shows senior people criticising this guy.

But many leading Iranian figures have criticised Ahmadinejad's recent blunder.

Ali Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Iran's powerful former president and Ahmadinejad's major rival in the recent presidential elections, indirectly criticised the comments in Tehran's Friday prayers, saying that Iran needed “diplomacy and not slogans'‘.

In some Iranian circles, the issue is not whether Israel has a right to exist or whether Iran should recognise Israel.

Rather it is whether Iran should be so revolutionary in its approach to the Palestinian question.

archives.tcm.ie...

Cursed by some, immortalized by others, even if it is just a small group.

- Naaaa, I just don't see how, even within the context of a gang of zealot nutters, that initiating the slaughter of millions of Muslims would make him anything but cursed by Muslims.

I agree that words alone dont mean a thing,b ut add on top the other situations and thats scary.

- Only if people insist on inventing and seeing something not actually there.

Anti-Americanism huh?

- No, not especially.
Anti-pro-war right wing nutter American.

Which (despite their delusions to the contrary) is not all Americans.

As far as not showing any inclination of attacking someone, explain the proxy war against Israel which Iran supports.

- Dress it up how you like (and as I say if that's the standard you are going to hold them to......) but as a nation Iran hasn't attacked anyone in centuries.

I disagree only because of the pro-American element in Iran. I don't think it would be easy by any means, and surely not like Iraq, but it also wouldn't be a Vietnam IMO.

- If Iran is attacked (by Israel ora combo of US and Israel) you can forget about any pro-American element having the slightest influence ever again.

They are already considered with great suspicion after the last time.

Go back and look at why Israel attacked and why the US started supporting Israel. This is like choosing between democracy or communism, which would you choose?

- No, I disagree.
You are trying to use 'western rationale' to gauge a situation to which it doesn't apply.
The US originally 'gave one' about Israel mainly because of her theories on the spread and containment of communism.
Now there is a weird mix of fundy Christianity and Bushs' crass stupidity/complete openness (depending on how you see it) about crusades involved.

As far as many in the ME are concerned the western powers (of one description or another over time) have dispossessed the Palestinians and secured a cruel and racist regime.
You may choose to agree or disagree with that view but you can't deny it exists widely there (and with at least some justification).

That doesnt concern you?

- No.
I do not see that the situation currently warrants measures which can do nothing productive and which would only work to inflame it further than it is already.

I would be pleased with Sanctions of such and possibly more.

- To achieve what? (except crank up tensions and the likelihood of a war)

Ill completely disagree. Not with the part of the international community, but the fact that it will leave us with appalling repercussions.

- Well what more do you want?

You have blind western leaders trumpeting the democratic exercise yesterday in Iraq when many many people were instructed how to vote (Sadrs people are renowned for this) and the movement towards a fundamentalism and clerical state (completely unlike what existed before) is unstoppable IMO.

Check out how many of the parties stood on a platform of "getting rid of the invader/occupier".
In those kind of words too.

Like I said its not only the words.

- Well actually it is.

Iran has not gotten nuclear weapons and has attacked no-one.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Another evidence of Russia support to islamic world.

Quote:
"Vladimir Putin claims Russia is the major support for the Islamic countries"

"If Russia becomes very weak Islamic world will have no defender from the barbaric westernization that the US and its allies are trying to put into practice"
EndQoute

link
english.pravda.ru...

Crustas

new topics

top topics

join