It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Thru Glass (without breaking)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Found this video on C2C today. You have got to check this out. In this video clip (from 'Mind Freak' on A&E), magician Criss Angel walks through a glass window without breaking it.

I guess you just call this one magic. See what you think.

Walking Through Glass Video

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Harry55]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Man that guy is amazing !! how does he do that stuff ??

personally he makes David Blaine look weak on some stuff....then again Blaine has done some awesome things too....

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I saw that on another website about a week ago.

SPOILER:
The trick is that, during the clip where he speed-ties his shoes, they actually replace the glass with plastic, and put a hole in it. Everyone there knows the trick - so it's not really a live audience. The guy in the shop, puts the plastic back after he's done passing through.

So, sorry to spoil things, but it ain't magic or mystical - just a really well done trick!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
For a street trick, that is pretty good!

Some quick handywork equates to a brilliant show.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a 23 minute clip from angel. showing various levitation

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I enjoy his show, the few times I've seen it.

But he is a magician, like houdini or the guys who pull rabbits outta their hats. Or Penn and Teller.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
But he is a magician, like houdini or the guys who pull rabbits outta their hats. Or Penn and Teller.

No doubt but he is a darn good one.

I have seen blaine use dime store magic tricks and not even do them well, but Angel....the guy is good you got to admit

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No doubt, I can't figure any of it out for the life of me! He's got a good routine too. I saw one where they had a photo of him in an earlier time, he was wearing makeup like kiss and looking all "yeeeearhh!!!!", but this act is good.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Arawn that was the most awsome video I have ever seen. I emailed it to several of my friends. Thanks. Thats magic.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Criss Angel definitely freaks my mind. I love watching him, he's definitely a category ahead of David Blaine in my opinion.

but back to the glass!!! that was freaky!!!

I'm thinking the key to his magic is mind over matter. He has figured out something in regards to the dimensions of this world that most of us have no clue about, that's why we get so freaked out when we see his tricks.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think this guy may have signed his soul over to the devil.
There is definately something going on here. Everyone should see this . Illusion maybe, but darn good if it is. I would no doubt buy a ticket to his show.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I saw an episode of David Blaine where he was talking to a lady and made her watch disappear off of her wrist without her knowing, and then it appeared in the shop window. He then proceeded to reach through the glass window (no cuts or camera changes that I can remember), and pulled the watch back out THROUGH THE GLASS. No cuts again, the cameraman walked over and showed that there was no hole in the window.

That beats Criss, in my opinion. A lot of what I've seen Criss do is stale and old, like being run over by a hummer on a bed of nails, buried alive, hanging from hooks, etc. I've seen multiple of his tricks done on Guiness Primetime years ago.

I still fail to believe that either of them are really psychic, or whatever else you want to call it. They both claim to be "magicians", thus only creating illusions. That Alain Nu guy though.... I dunno.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes i enjoyed that video i found too.

Especially where he was floating backwards, his knees bent etc. The same with the girl. It just reminded me of Neo from the matrix dodging bullets.

He even put that stick under neath her - showing that there was nothing there, which made it even more puzzling

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Arawn]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I still think Copperfield's legless trick's the best, lol. Even though he brought it from someone else.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
OK, what is the purpose of the piece of paper being held over the glass?
The only reason I can come up with is that he is using it to hide the fact that its a trick.

If he can really walk through glass, why not show it in detail? Why hide it? Why doesn't he just say "Hey I can stick my arm through glass without breaking it!" and actually do it so everyone can see it? If he could really do it he wouldn't hide it.

The paper is used for the illusion, without it, the illusion would be exposed. The fact he uses it plainly suggests it is a trick.

Still a good trick is a good trick, and this one is awesome!

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Toasty]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well yeah sure it's gona be a trick if he covers your view, but i guess u have to believe that all the people there were random people - but i highly disagree with that. Where did they get that skip from ?

And like u say, if u have such amazing powers, why hid it from our view. People wouldnt believe u then, coz its not much evidence, and i would wana show people.

But then you could also say that he doesnt wana be taken in by government officials coz of his talents so he makes u think it's an illusion.

LoL but I personally believe it's one hell of a good illusion, the same as those levitation things.

Even though they look 100% real at first glance

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Alright, I will expose this trick. As a working magician, this is against our “code” but I really get frustrated how easily people write stuff off as “camera tricks”. Magic is supposed to spark astonishment, wonder, and couriousity…not enflame a sense of hate, and cause fingers (mainly the middle one) to point at the TV camera.

This trick is performed using a rather elabrate setup. The building wall is actually a “pocket wall”, meaning between the outter and inner walls is a space. This space is filled with an enlongated window. The glass of the window we can see is actually twice as big…stretching within the pocket of the wall. This hidden end of glass has a hole in it. When Criss is ready and the newspaper cover is in place, he simple slides the glass, like a sliding glass door, eventually lining up the hole with the paper. After he gets through, the glass is slid back (possibly with a spring mechanism) hiding the hole back in the safety of the pocket wall. The open sign in the upper left corner of the window is a sublimital convincer that the window never moves. However, on closer inspection you will notice that the sign is infact not even attached to the window. It’s hanging on the wall behind it…the glass simply slides infront of it. This principal has been used on tv by David Blaine once and by the amazingly visual japanese/french/american performer Cyril Tachyama!

[edit on 6/9/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
here is a good thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join