It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submission to ATSNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All,
Can someone send me an up-to-date how-to for this? The one I read said that there is a submission button available in the mCenter, but I don't see one there at all. Any ideas?

-P

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
postings,

It's under the heading "Send News". Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's this button:

in the toolbar at the top, next to mCENTER.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Got it! Thanks.

-P

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here's my very own synopsis of the guidelines for ATSNN. If you follow these, you will meet the minimum standards for submission. Other factors include pertinence and timeliness, which can be more elusive and subject to the personal preferences of voters and moderators:

Intro:

At least three sentences summarizing the article. No direct quotes. No personal opinions. No bias.

Source:
About four paragraphs from the article, but since journalists rarely follow formal writing styles, just enough to get the point across.

Analysis:

A paragraph or two telling the board what you think about the subject. A series of questions is not an analysis. If you don't have any independent thoughts on the subject, it would probably be better to call the article to the attention of someone who might.

PS:

Unless you are really familiar with BB codes, ediiting a submission can be tricky. I think it's better to ask for help, otherwise.

[edit on 2005/12/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It seems those mod's can get very picky when it comes to a submission geting through...maybe I shouldn't be asking those questions at the end.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
It seems those mod's can get very picky when it comes to a submission geting through...maybe I shouldn't be asking those questions at the end.

I believe, with the exception of a mod/staff upgrade, all ATSNN submissions are voted Up/Down by the members of ATS, not the Mods/Staff.
[edit for clarity]
...of course, mods and staff get to vote as well.

[edit on 12/30/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes, your probably right but I've had some of mine get rejected due to incorrect content or not following some part of the guidelines. What I meant was that it's kind of comfusing as to what I am doing wrong.

new topics

top topics

join