It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loose Change video was on public access in Long Island, NY last night 12/14 and then it stopped play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How much control does public access have to not play your video once you've paid the fee?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That should continue....

it stopped playing halfway through and it never came back on....

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What the heck are you talking about? Whats this video? Why do you think Public Access stopped it, rather than the people showing it?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This video Loose Change

Why would they stop it mid-way? The hour wasn't over. The video was in no way complete.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valerina
How much control does public access have to not play your video once you've paid the fee?

Just takes a call from someone higher up in all likelihood.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It would have caused a bad viewer response, complaints ect so they took it down to save thier channel. In all likelyhood they probably already had some phone calls.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ihatescifi
It would have caused a bad viewer response, complaints ect so they took it down to save thier channel. In all likelyhood they probably already had some phone calls.

Maybe in some places... but damn sure not NYC.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I've had some dealings with "Public Access" television, and I can tell you most assuredly that it is hardly anything but public access. It was fine right up until about ten or so years ago, but now it has fallen prey to the same coporate consolidation as all the other media has. You can purchase air time, pull your own sponsors, hire your own production crew and equipment, but when it comes to content you are at the mercy of the market, trust me, Public Access is now a serious misnomer.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That is terrible. Thats pretty bad considering the majority of the population probably thinks the television will never lie to them.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huabamambo
Thats pretty bad considering the majority of the population probably thinks the television will never lie to them.

I hope not. Most of the stuff is either (a) lies, (b) severely one-sided, or (c) totally irrelevant and serving to draw attention away from a much more serious issue, or totally irrelevant and serving to adjust public opinion to ready it for some controversial action.

top topics

join