It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could use a little help: lost photo album to return

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi All,

Not really sure where to post this, so please move it if necessary.

I, occasionally, deal in antique paper (old maps, prints, photos, etc)...

I recently obtained a wedding photo album dated March 14, 1942. It only has 4 pics in it, the bride (a couple of shots), the bride and groom, and the brides maids.

It is a nice little piece of history and I would love to return it to the family, if they can be found.

The information is minimal, and all I could find, so far. The last name is Horvath, the brides maiden name was Domonkos, the wedding took place in a Hungarian Reformed Church, and was officiated by a Reverend S. Bessemer (no city or state), and as I said the date was March 14, 1942.
Last names of the attendent party are Farcus, Howats, and Butkus.

So far I have left messages on genealogical sites and Horvath family trees. I have attempted to contact the Head Secretary for the Hungarian Reformed Church in the US. All to no avail. No responses from anyone, not even notes of "Gee! We can't help you"...

If you can help with any other pointers as to where I could look, I would appreciate it greatly.

This is a no charge kind of effort. I simply want to return the album to the rightful family, if possible. I would hate to think that there are folks out there who are missing this rather significant bit of family history.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dan

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ummm ... Don't everybody jump in at once! Gimme time to breathe!!!!
:w:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
lol its really nice you want to help and actually took the time to ask.
well the problem is..... i haven't a clue.

i don't know........ make some advertisements and see if anyone comes forward. you never know.

sorry i couldnt be of any help.

oni x x

new topics

join