It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Never Existed. End of story.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
1 John 4:[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Once again we find that something written in 2006 was actually predicted by God 2000 years before it happened.

My take on that verse is that anyone who doesn't say Jesus is come in the flesh is of the antichrist, and that it is already here? That is a little bit unclear, but whichever way I look at it, it describes any year between the year it was written and this year. Pretty safe prediction, anyway, like saying that if I say God is a woman, there will be those who will deny it, and they are already here... Predictions like that one are pretty wide open and easy to attach to pretty much any time period. I find the really specific ones more compelling, such as the way that Cortez arrived in America the very year that it had been predicted that a visitor fitting his description would arrive from the east. Allegedly, it was written that if the visitor was kind, the future was bright, and, as one would expect, if not, then the forecast was not so good. The Hopi's 9 signs of the end times are worth reading, as they are quite descriptive, and 8 appear to have come to pass already.
I also like the ancient Hindu description of what the end of the Kali Yuga would be like, as it gives a very apt and detailed picture of our current state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think that there is a difference between saying that jesus never existed and that all clairvoyants are shysters, that there is no substance in any spiritual traditions. Apollonius of Tyana cast out demons and raised people from the dead. Philostratus' work was written 220 ad. The first bible by Marcion of Sinope was written 140 AD. Marcion's "Isu Chrestos" was a ghost. Upon analysis not only does Marcion have no connection with the Old Testament, but the "Old Testament" is the Torah etc, with the bits changed to fit. So for example "A virgin shall conceive" actually reads "A young woman shall conceive" and "They pierced my hands and my feet" reads something like "There was a lion at my feet." This is all very elementary. The jewish originals are available for free.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"IF" Jesus of the Scriptures was real, would He then be the Messiah?

Some state we have a problem with the lineage. That Joseph, the step-father of Jesus, has no connection with the royal bloodline. What does the genealogy of Jesus tell us?

First Jews kept close watch of thier lineage for several reasons. One was for land. The 12 tribes were given land and to be able to prove that a particular area of land was yours you had to show lineage. Also, it was prophecied that the Messiah would come through a certain bloodline. We see the first mention of this in Genesis 3.

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel."
NASU

Then to Abraham God says:

Gen 22:18
18 "In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."
NASU

To David God says:

2 Sam 7:16
16 "Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever."'"
NASU

In Matthew, concerning Jesus genealogy, we read first that Matthew is writing to Jews that Jesus is the Messiah, their King. Matthew begins with Abraham, from father to son but even before that Matthew establishes that Jesus is the "son of David". Jews do not use the term "son" as we do today. To the Jew this indicates kinship, Jesus was not the literal son of David but a descendant of king David. The phrase "son of...." does not have to mean a "son" within that generation but could have multiple meanings. For example in 1 Chronicles 3:17-19 Zerubabbel was called the "son of Shealteil" but in reality Zerubabbel was his nephew. A son-in-law could also be referred to as "son of...." without any confusion to the Jew.

Since Matthew wrote to Jews he had to link Jesus with David and since the Messiah would be Divine, He (being Jesus) could not have an earthly father. Joseph, by a prophecy (curse) could never have a biological son sit upon the throne. In Jerimiah we read:

Jer 36:30
30 "Therefore thus says the LORD concerning Jehoiakim king of Judah, "He shall have no one to sit on the throne of David, and his dead body shall be cast out to the heat of the day and the frost of the night.
NASU

Joseph is a descendant of Jehoiakim. Thus another reason why Jesus was born of a virgin. Jesus is the legal son of Joseph giving Him then a legal connection to the throne of David. The critic may claim that this then ends the lineage of David but that would be incorrect. Solomon had a brother named Nathan and from Nathan came Neri. Neri had several sons who were adopted by Jehoiachim. One son of Neri, Shealtiel, died without children so his brother, Pedaiah, took his wife and fathered with her Zerubabel. Zerubabbel was then the legal son of Shealtiel and the literal son of Pedaiah which made him a descendant of David.....times 2.

So by legal lineage Jesus is heir to the throne of David by way of Joseph who is a direct descendant of David. Luke on the other hand wrote to Greeks and makes no mention of Jewish prophecy concerning Jesus because the Greeks most likely had no concern for it. Luke places emphasis on the physical aspect of Jesus genealogy through Mary.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
The Bible - The Greatest STORY ever told. Think about that.

But it is also the greatest LIE ever told.

jordanmaxwell.com...

Your post is golden. Christians conspiracy theorists will never see the true conspiracy because they have to many blind spots. It would kill their ego to believe the thing they worshiped their whole life was simply a lie they beloved because it was COMFORTABLE.. While the religious orders create these straw man adversaries that are put in the spot light and people focus all their attention on the straw men while the bad guys at the core both the Sheep in wolves clothing and their rewarded fall men celebrate and SHAKE HANDS BEHIND THE SCENCE SUCH AS DO Democrates and republicans.

Because of the level of ignorance in the general public and as shows even on this board people support the very things they claim to be against…

Books could be written on about this subject and I could myself put solid references and write a ton on what I know about the subject, but to go into too much depth for anyone other then myself I am afraid would be wasting to much of my breath…

For anyone who has TRULY studied mind control.. NOT the theory of it on conspiracy sites but how it works in the real world you would see the bible is full of reverse psychology and blatantly things that are not mentally sound.

I belive in a concept of god and believe we are spiritual being, but that has NOTHING to do with religion…

For true truth seekers you should understand the true agenda behind so called “end times” watch the movie on goggle video called: the dooms day code, the denial machine, and Jordan Maxell in the naked truth all free on goggle.

Collective belief can be strong and the church has much power and money to use harp technology to mess with weather and have used holograms and technology to manipulate propels beliefs and make good obedient slaves.. Check out: the gods of Eden

Right now I will still put some effort into trying to spread truth, but now I will focus more on my own spiritual development, because even Christians who say they are against the New world order backhandedly support it and they hate and fear they spread like poison.. Often people who have the guts to really divulge the truth and REALLY dig at the roots especially about how we all are a reflection for the whole are not appreciated (personal responsibility) .. We all have lots of work to do, but I guess the best thing I can do is try and do my part the best I can by exercising personal responsibility to help my soul, because I am seeing less and less hope for others to be open to truth.. Too much ego and attachment to their delusions .. Even with the many so called truth seekers who are not willing to truly objectively examine EVERYTHING including themselves and their own beliefs.

People are being seduced by what makes them feel good.. They can’t seem to give up their vices that support directly or indirectly the New world order that the elite could not thrive without our support.. Drugs, tobacco alcohol, Television programming, ego/ religion , conveniences like wal-mart that support criminal behavior overseas by slave labor etc, the oil companies.. They will make it convenient to avoid going the right thing and people refuse to sacrifice for what is right.. In the long run all ignorance will be taxed, because all ignorance is a choice.. We are all spiritual being and we can’t run escape or get away with anything, and being a Christian dose not save you from that as comfortable as criminal Christians might like to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join