It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Content Tagging is Here!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
A little bug perhaps.

I've tried to reproduce the error on three different threads, and can't.

If you enter multiple tags, and one of the tags already exists, it will only add the new tags and you won't get any error message.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We're now well over 6,000 total member-defined tags, with just over 3,000 unique tags:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very cool, and thanks.

Hope it continues to be a successful member feature.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

If you enter multiple tags, and one of the tags already exists, it will only add the new tags and you won't get any error message.

After I entered my tags it says... :

"This thread is currently defined by these tags:

war heroes, war stories, war,
" ...at the bottom of the thread.

Only "war" existed and it didn´t put itself there.
It created "war heroes" and added a link to itself there correctly.
It didn´t create "war stories" as a new tag.

edit: forget it. It works now. Everything is fine, SO Thanks

[edit on 2005/12/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I misspelled a tag. on this thread. I spelled religious 'religous'. Since I'm confessing and everything, can I be forgiven?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is a great development. One extremely valuable thing I can see here is the ability to tag a thread with the correctly spelled word. Sometimes when doing a boolean search, you'll not pull a result including all appropriate threads due to the post creator misspelling a word in the title. So while tagging away, pleeeez take the time to spell the tag correctly.

I've already tagged a couple only to discover I didn't have enough character space. So I've hosed up a couple already. My bad.

[Doh! edit to correct spelling error]

[edit on 12/15/2005 by yeahright]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The tags displayed at the bottom of threads are now linked to a page that displays all threads with that particular tag.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Only works for the first tag...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Is the big tag-o-thon over?
I was having a blast, reading all those old threads, and "marking" them.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah the tags are not on the threads anymore, Any info?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Were the tags abducted?

Did the luminanti tell you to take them down?

Did George Bush state they were weapons of mass knowledge and declared war on them?

Did I break them?...if so, am I responsible for purchase?

- One Man Short ®

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was just about to go on a tagging rampage, but the tag option eludes me

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
abducted..LOL

Although, there was this one, wild and woolly thread..
I had to shoot it with a tranquilizer gun, tag it, then realease it.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just what are we supposed to do with the tags? Is there a "tag" button?

Is there a Tags101 class?

I've tagged a couple,
what does this do for ME?

Sorry, i'm inquisitive and dumb.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What I want to know is has anyone taken a 1000 point hit yet?

I want to see some newbie fresh off the boat with zero points take a thousand point hit right off the bat.
Then I can say dude, you're minus a thousand. Way to go, and uh............we won't be seeing you in chat anytime soon!!!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What I want to know is has anyone taken a 1000 point hit yet?

I want to see some newbie fresh off the boat with zero points take a thousand point hit right off the bat.
Then I can say dude, you're minus a thousand. Way to go, and uh............we won't be seeing you in chat anytime soon!!!!

What does it matter, and why would you take such pleasure in that kind of situation? ATS is a collaborative effort, and is at it's best when members are wonking together towards the goal of "Deny Ignorance," not embracing it.

As for ATS Chat, that is dependent on post count (200 is the current threshold for entry), not points.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I got it now- Please stay in your seats and dont everyone jump at once to help the dummies like me.

I got it.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
MM

Hey.........I'm Mr. Deny Ignorance but I'm also a realist! It will happen, it's inevitable. It wouldn't be sadistic pleasure I'd take in it, more like the pleasure I got from watching the video of the father teaching his son to swing a baseball bat and all he got for is effort was a shot in the jewels.

Peace

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

In little more than 24 hours of tagging, 2.8% of all ATS/BTS/PTS threads are tagged!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If I might suggest to everyone, whenever you view a thread (old or new), check at the end if it has any tags. If it does not, add something relevant. That's what I'm trying to do. I've only tagged maybe a half dozen threads so far, but every little bit helps, I suppose. There's what, something like 180000 ATS threads and probably several thousand members, so if we each tag say, one thread a day for a month, and we each did different threads, we could be done quite quickly. I mean, if we can do 2.8% in 24 hours, at that rate, it should take about 5 weeks to tag everything else on the entire site.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Spelling Be

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I misspelled a tag. on this thread. I spelled religious 'religous'. Since I'm confessing and everything, can I be forgiven?

Omni Domini, I absolve thee (yes, I can do that, because I said so).

Look at it this way: if you misspelled it typing it in as a tag, someone else will probably misspell it typing it in as a search term.

Thus you may well have helped a kindred spirit find that thread in a sort of grand karmic act of cosmic kismet.

Hakuna matata.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join