It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem-cell pioneer’s findings in doubt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"Leading cloning researchers are calling for independent verification of pioneering work from South Korea hailed as proof of principle for “therapeutic cloning”. Now, on top of an ethical controversy that has mired Woo Suk Hwang’s research, come questions about troubling irregularities in his data."

www.newscientist.com...

As with so many major issues that divide into left vs right, it would appear this ground breaking research was BS. The co-author wants his name removed and it also appear to south korean researched used "junior researcher" egg's in the experiment.

Perhaps murdering babies for fantasy miracle cures isn't such a good idea after all.........

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh yes one screw up discredits an entire technology
Right. I guess the stem cell techniques that are being worked on the to save the embryo is BS too right?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

Perhaps murdering babies for fantasy miracle cures isn't such a good idea after all.........

Where in the article say anything about murdering babies?

By the way is known that until this day it has been not successful human cloning that can be prove.

So he lied and so what, Stem cell has a very bright future and we have much to learn and benefit from it.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

By the way is known that until this day it has been not successful human cloning that can be prove.

So he lied and so what, Stem cell has a very bright future and we have much to learn and benefit from it.

OK children gather around grandpaw................most stem cells are harvested from dead babies cut, torn, or sucked out of their mothers bodies before they are born. Or they are stolen from some babies that are started in "test tubes" by men playing God...............

Nice bedtime story for our grandkids Huh?

How about, "hey lucy you were sick when you were born so we killed another baby and took her healthy cells so you could get better"

How's that............sound better yet?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

OK children gather around grandpaw................most stem cells are harvested from dead babies cut, torn, or sucked out of their mothers bodies before they are born. Or they are stolen from some babies that are started in "test tubes" by men playing God...............

Nice bedtime story for our grandkids Huh?

How about, "hey lucy you were sick when you were born so we killed another baby and took her healthy cells so you could get better"

How's that............sound better yet?

They can now harvest Stem cells from a wide variety of sources, most of which are from the host, rather than embryo's. I believe that a couple of places being investigated are the nose and hair follicles...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
No offense intended thermopolis, but perhaps you could take a little of the fear and anger out of your posts and present a bit more of a logical, orderly argument, folks might be inclined to listen to you.

On the other hand, I guess you can get more peoples attention with a smile and a gun than just a smile.

This subject is truly emotional for most everyone who is involved, and it is extremely polarized, but I don't see that screaming emotional outbursts and sublimated accusations will make anyone change their basic position.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

They can now harvest Stem cells from a wide variety of sources, most of which are from the host, rather than embryo's. I believe that a couple of places being investigated are the nose and hair follicles...

My point well made, why use babies at all..........U cord blood works well also........

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
No offense intended thermopolis, but perhaps you could take a little of the fear and anger out of your posts and present a bit more of a logical, orderly argument, folks might be inclined to listen to you.

On the other hand, I guess you can get more peoples attention with a smile and a gun than just a smile.

This subject is truly emotional for most everyone who is involved, and it is extremely polarized, but I don't see that screaming emotional outbursts and sublimated accusations will make anyone change their basic position.

No offense take, however, I can't pretent to be "civil" when such horrors exist..............Nazi experiments on children were little different.

new topics

top topics

join