It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Opposition To 9/11 Normal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hello I'm recently new to knowing about the 9/11 conspiracy. I have seen a large amount of evidence and although not sure what happened that day. I'm convinced that the USA government was involved. I have tried to discuss this on other non conspiracy message boards in general forums. I have been totally shocked at the hostility and abuse i have received at even suggesting anything else other than the terrorists committed 9/11. I'm talking about being called a fruit cake and told to get my tin foil back on my head. I have shown some of the good evidence. I would at least have expected to make people think twice about the events of that day. I'm not expecting people to say yes your right, but have found that people are not even willing to look at the evidence, or even consider the government might have been involved.
Would like to hear about other peoples experiences of telling people about 9/11, good or bad.

Also any suggestions of a good line of attack when trying to suggest there was more to 9/11 than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dont think of it as an 'attack', its a desire to learn the truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The point I'm trying to make is that a large majority of people refuse to even consider that anything else but the official version of events took place that day .

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shed7628
I have been totally shocked at the hostility and abuse i have received at even suggesting anything else other than the terrorists committed 9/11. I'm talking about being called a fruit cake and told to get my tin foil back on my head.

You'll get plenty of that here too - it's par for the course with 9-11, no matter where you go. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. At least on ATS the supporters of the official story and we skeptics can maintain civil relations with each other, sometimes even having a chuckle or two in lighter moments.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Some people will be willing to entertain the information seriously and some won't. I'd say maybe the biggest factor is how indoctrinated one is, by which I mean how attached he or she is to the view of the world, especially of western governments and civilization in general, that is put forward by the educational systems, major media, etc., on a 24/7 basis. Of course people are going to form very strong opinions of the world based on this sort of life-long exposure. Especially anyone to the right, in the US, anyway, that sees most anything against their beliefs as "liberal" nowadays will generally be more repulsed by such an alternate view, I think. Not that old democrats can't be as stubborn to consider these kinds of things, either.

Most people I've talked to about it have been skeptical at first, but then realized some stuff didn't add up, whether by common sense of the politics surrounding it, or the physics or whatever, and now suspect government involvement. Other people I've talked to had no trouble believing it or already suspected it, some don't even walk to talk about it, and I have a friend I talked to about the issues recently that's now trying to prove there was enough energy in the caps to crush the WTC buildings. But he's not coming to much. This particular person is a good friend of mine, and he's often skeptical of anything other than the mainstream line, but he's also smart, honest and open-minded, so the longer he spends looking in to it, the more confident I am that he's going to come back pissed at Uncle Sam. I doubt we'll even have much of a discussion on it again. The only people that really come out hard against the conspiracy claims are found online, for me. So there are my experiences.

If people are hostile towards you for bringing up such information, then there's something wrong with their social behavior. I would ignore it as best I could.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Some people where suggesting i was doing it for my agenda. I don't have an agenda and it is not something i want to belive is true. I keep thinking to myself this cant be true, if this is true then we are all screwed. I go over the evidence again and for me the official story just doesn't add up .

Tonight here in the UK , on the national Goegraphic channel there was a program on the events of 9/11. I knew it was going to be take more or less the official view. I couldn't belive though when it was on about 19 high jackers when it is widely known that 6 are still alive. People will watch that program and take everything in it as Fact.

For the first time ever i heard the recordings of the air hostess on one of the flights telling a person about the high jacking, and how other people have been stabbed its the most unconvincing thing i have ever heard

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hello I'm recently new to knowing about the 9/11 conspiracy. I have seen a large amount of evidence and although not sure what happened that day. I'm convinced that the USA government was involved. I have tried to discuss this on other non conspiracy message boards in general forums. I have been totally shocked at the hostility and abuse i have received at even suggesting anything else other than the terrorists committed 9/11. I'm talking about being called a fruit cake and told to get my tin foil back on my head. I have shown some of the good evidence. I would at least have expected to make people think twice about the events of that day. I'm not expecting people to say yes your right, but have found that people are not even willing to look at the evidence, or even consider the government might have been involved.
Would like to hear about other peoples experiences of telling people about 9/11, good or bad.

Also any suggestions of a good line of attack when trying to suggest there was more to 9/11 than meets the eye.

Its almost like they respond that way automatically. Ever see Invasion of the Body Snatchers? The pod people would all point at the non pod people and make that weird noise like an alert.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Some people where suggesting i was doing it for my agenda. I don't have an agenda and it is not something i want to belive is true.

I know! What kind of agenda do people think there is behind this kind of info? Not even worth it to have a political agenda, because if you put anybody honest in the White House or Congress and they'd be shot before they got in any change. Must be some kind of underground, Goldberg movement we're a part of, eh?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
Its almost like they respond that way automatically. Ever see Invasion of the Body Snatchers? The pod people would all point at the non pod people and make that weird noise like an alert.

LMFAO!

You mean like this?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

i know what you are saying. I mean some of the reaction i have had has been really agressive and basically Very Nasty.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Shed, my observation is that people in the UK are far less likely to believe in a conspiracy than those in the US. Our cousins across the pond have a greater degree of scepticism about their government than we do.

I have yet to find the threshold where one's point of view switches but I do sense a groundswell of distrust in the UK & US governments in this country.

Whether this distrust will drive people to re-examine past events like 9/11 or 7/7 I don't know, but it does seem to make them more sceptical of new events they encouter.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think the responses you wil get will be from those who think you are wrong, people who might agree with what you are saying are more likely to be quiet.
The ones who disagree will have no issues letting you know about it.

Remember when you deal with humans that 95% are sheep and 5% are leaders.
Sheep will not form opinions of their own but will wait to be told what to think.
They will always defend that view, no matter how bad the logic is until you become their leader, at which point they will switch completely.

The truth is they dont really believe what they are saying because they havent put any thought into it.
Equally though about 5% of them will really have looked at it deply, because they form their own opinions, they will be open to conversion.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Present evidence that supports the claim. If people won't buy it, *shrugs* what can ya do?

Personally, i haven't seen any evidence the supports it. What evidence have you been presenting?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I usually try with the simple questions that no one will answer. Like "If there is nothing to hide...then why are they hiding everything?" That one usually wakes some people up. I know...."what are they hiding?" How about construction drawings of WTC 1,2 & 7, physical evidence, photos and security camera tapes from the pentagon, etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ
I think the responses you wil get will be from those who think you are wrong, people who might agree with what you are saying are more likely to be quiet.
The ones who disagree will have no issues letting you know about it.

Remember when you deal with humans that 95% are sheep and 5% are leaders.
Sheep will not form opinions of their own but will wait to be told what to think.
They will always defend that view, no matter how bad the logic is until you become their leader, at which point they will switch completely.

The truth is they dont really believe what they are saying because they havent put any thought into it.
Equally though about 5% of them will really have looked at it deply, because they form their own opinions, they will be open to conversion.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by AdamJ]

Yes I'm happy when people disagree and want to argue about 9/11. It makes me have to think about what I'm saying . Personally i would like to be wrong because if all us conspiracy theorist are right about 9/11 then the future is not looking bright for anyone .

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Present evidence that supports the claim. If people won't buy it, *shrugs* what can ya do?

Personally, i haven't seen any evidence the supports it. What evidence have you been presenting?

I don't mind people not buying the evidence. what i find scarry is people don't even want to question the evidence. The amount of people who will buy the official story without question, that is very disturbing.

WTC 7 is what i think to be one of the most unusual thing that happened that day.
The amount of Americans i have chatted to on the Internet who did not know about that building or its collapse.

Also the Questions the government don't cant or wont answer that they so easily could if they wanted to shut the conspiracy theories .

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ever stop to think just why they react so passionately ? WHy they dsimiss all claims of things not being as they appear ?

They know, they just don't want to believe it may be the truth.
Some people can't handle the truths of this world as they are, instead tend to prefer to look at the world with those infamous rose-tinted shades

Don't stress it shed, I know how it can make U feel, I was having this dicsussion with my own sister the other day and she is still not convinced. I told her I feel for her lol because while U and I may be scared that they don't want to hear it, I feel sorry for them in not opening their minds a little to the possibilities.

But I know better and that's enough for me

P.S and I can now proudly wear my "Deny Ignorance" ATS t-shirts (been gettin alotta glances too
)

[edit on 15-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Ever stop to think just why they react so passionately ? WHy they dsimiss all claims of things not being as they appear ?

They know, they just don't want to believe it may be the truth.
Some people can't handle the truths of this world as they are, instead tend to prefer to look at the world with those infamous rose-tinted shades

Don't stress it shed, I know how it can make U feel, I was having this dcisusion with my own sister the other day and she is still not convinced. But I know better and that's enough for me

I'm not stressing i think its too late to stress because if they 9/11 theory that it was committed and organized buy powerful people in the USA is true, we are screwed anyway. People who question what government does have fingers pointed at them , as if to say well if your questioning what we are doing for your protection then you must be against us .

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm not stressing i think its too late to stress because if they 9/11 theory that it was committed and organized buy powerful people in the USA is true, we are screwed anyway. People who question what government does have fingers pointed at them , as if to say well if your questioning what we are doing for your protection then you must be against us .

Well this is true, yes. But only because these people who do so are ignorant.
So do U mind that people are pointing their finger at U ?

If this is the case, same thing, they're scared of what they refuse to know and don't know how to relate to U because U your thoughts on this are different to theirs.
I believe alot of people have attitudes to this in regard to alot of things, relationships, friendships etc ... it is only natural for some to apply this attitude to their politics as well.
Alot of people reject things because they can't identify with them. The damning evidence is there, alot of people see it, if the rest want to reject it, so be it.

That's just how I see it

[edit on 15-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You are not screwed. Its been that way for ages in America i think, 9/11 is just the temporary surfacing of this criminality to move things in a different direction.
Its not the whole government, just groups that have an agenda which 99% of american people dont even think about. Im sure most of the people are complacent and would rather someone else took responsiblity for looking after things in their country. That sort of evironment allows criminals to thrive.

top topics

join