It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the silence where I can hear God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I agree with you, 100%. If the path to life is extremely narrow, then I believe is must be one to each soul.

The paths are numbered as the stars in the sky...

I'm not trying to trap or corner you but this sounds like you are saying that not everyone travels the same path(some choose budhism, hinduism, islam, even atheism, etc) but all roads lead to heaven and eternity with God.

Is that what you are saying?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I'm not trying to trap or corner you but this sounds like you are saying that not everyone travels the same path(some choose budhism, hinduism, islam, even atheism, etc) but all roads lead to heaven and eternity with God.

Don't worry, I'm not one to stand in corners so as to be trapped in the first place.

Is that what you are saying?

Not at all. Religion is a group path--and that includes christianity. It's no more the sure road to 'heaven' than anything else--using God's name doesn't guarantee His approval.

Christ is the way, not christianity. Death is the only way to enter life, and resurrection is the power. When Christ said He was the truth, the way, and the life, that is what He meant. He did not come to make us slaves to an altogether new religion--He came to set us free.

To worship God in Spirit and truth is the total opposite of what goes on in all religions, and no religion includes resurrection, that I know of, except christianity. But instead of focusing on the life, it's still all about sin and death and eternal punishment. What did Christ do if nothing has really changed as far as that goes? If we still need some sort of external guidance, then obviously the atheists are right and it is all a farce. Of course it is not, but no one worries about slandering God's name, only using it to make things seem right. And the truth of the resurrection is counted as either nonsense or impossible because of the way things have been...even the clergy seem to have their doubts, according to some survey results I read.

'You shall know them by their fruits.' Most don't look at fruit, most look at what the tree is named and which garden it is in. What does it matter? Is truth not truth wherever it is, and is not all truth of God? Why should we doubt that we can tell the difference without any outside help such as pastors and clergy? How do we know that they know the truth if we don't know it, too? If you only consider the words of those who share your ideologies, how can you grow or be taught?

1 John 2:20-21
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1 John 2:27-29
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Everyone that doeth righteousness is born of him...

Christianity is the snare, and it is a powerful delusion. Other religions may not be the exact path or be what you think is correct, but they all sprang out of man's need for religion, nothing more than man seeking God. Christianity has prospered because God let it--it is not just human searching, it is part of judgment, a test for those who claim Christ.... When the time comes, those who are there to seek God for real will have no problem walking away from it if they realize God is not there. The rest will stay for their own reasons, trusting themselves instead of God and His prophets who they did not believe to be sent by God.

Ecclesiastes 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

Israel had confidence that they were God's people but they didn't listen to Him. The listened to each other and felt all was safe because they were Israel. False security brought blindness.
Judgment came and proved God to be true and men still trapped in pride and judgments.

Now christianity assures itself it is God's chosen people, but instead of listening to God, christians listen to their religious leaders and trust what they say. The keys to the kingdom still hoarded by a few and the rest are left in the cold. The rapture is the safety net, supposedly. False security and pride again bring blindness.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Now christianity assures itself it is God's chosen people, but instead of listening to God, christians listen to their religious leaders and trust what they say. The keys to the kingdom still hoarded by a few and the rest are left in the cold. The rapture is the safety net, supposedly. False security and pride again bring blindness.

I totally agree that some who claim the name of Christ are not teaching the truth of salvation,(mormon system, catholic system, jehovah's witness, but not all.

So what do you do with this verse Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching

and

Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

4:12
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

and

11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

and this is a big one considering what you believe

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Once again I agree that some who claim to show the correct plan of God's salvation, don't.

Jesus told us this would happen and to watch out for them.

Matthew 24:4
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

24:5
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Not everyone who claims to know Christ does, but anyone who wants to know Him can.

[edit on 18-12-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So what do you do with this verse Hebrews

My friend dbrandt. I wish you could come up with something that comes out of the heart instead of a book. Once the understanding is realized that GOD resides within than the book is not actually not needed except as an occasional guide.

I suggest that you try to get off of the verse, and look inside, outside, and all around. The answers lie everywhere.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Once the understanding is realized that GOD resides within

God resides in someone through the Holy Spirit, at salvation, and then will never leave.

To believe He is there(literally) before that, means that the same lie that satan got Adam and Eve with, is still the same lie getting people today.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

To believe He is there(literally) before that, means that the same lie that satan got Adam and Eve with, is still the same lie getting people today.

Thar ya go again bringing it out of "The Book". Let's hear it from the heart. If the Holy Spirit does not reside in you at the present time what is it that makes you think, speak, feel, hear, and gives the light coming out of your eyes?

It certainly is not just the mass of guts and yuch that make each of us up, and the light quits shining upon the end of physical existence. Next time ya go to a funeral walk up to the casket and see if you see any light coming out of that body's eyes.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So what do you do with this verse Hebrews

My friend dbrandt. I wish you could come up with something that comes out of the heart instead of a book. Once the understanding is realized that GOD resides within than the book is not actually not needed except as an occasional guide.

I suggest that you try to get off of the verse, and look inside, outside, and all around. The answers lie everywhere.

Hi Madman,
Since the Holy Spirit is God and therefore in our heart, and the Bible is supernaturally inspired by God, that would mean that the Words of God (The Bible) is in our hearts as well. If a Christian is following Christ the way he ought to, (ie reading the Word and praying for Guidance) then that person would natually respond with words that are in the Bible. We are so indoctrinated with God's Words, that we cannot be separated. That is what we know to be the Truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
One more thing,

Once the understanding is realized that GOD resides within than the book is not actually not needed except as an occasional guide.

God loves us so much that He wants to have a relationship with us. It has been said that the Bible is God's "love letter" to us.
Imagine if I only spoke to my husband 'occasionally.' Or read a love letter that he wrote to me only 'occasionally'?
What kind of relationship would we have? Not a very good one, I'm afraid.
The same goes for God, only more so!
Why do you think the 10 Commandments are in the order they are?

The first one is: "You shall have no other gods before me. "

The second one is: "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

In other words, anything that comes before God in your life is idolatry. He should be #1 in your thoughts, your heart, words, actions, even your attitude. For those who are true followers of Christ, He and His Word is to be their first priority, every day not just an "occasional guide."

[edit on 12/19/2005 by just me 2]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

We are so indoctrinated with God's Words, that we cannot be separated. That is what we know to be the Truth.

What you are indoctrinated in is the teachings and writings of man that has been changed over and over again like "Frosty Morn Bacon". Surely one doesn't think GOD has to have someone write it in a book? GOD is much more powerful and knowledgeable to have to do that.

Depending on man to correctly interpret his word and to write what he has spoken? GOD is much more than that.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hi Madman,
Since the Holy Spirit is God and therefore in our heart, and the Bible is supernaturally inspired by God, that would mean that the Words of God (The Bible) is in our hearts as well. If a Christian is following Christ the way he ought to, (ie reading the Word and praying for Guidance)

I was told above that the Holy Spirit does not reside in us. Which is it? Seems the "Book" may be interpreted many ways?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

than the book is not actually not needed except as an occasional guide.

You can read a verse from the Bible 127 times and on the 128th time something will be revealed to you that you never saw before. It's more than an occasional guide it is "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee". Psalm 119:11

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Depending on man to correctly interpret his word and to write what he has spoken? GOD is much more than that.

Yes He is, but let me ask you a question.

Has God ever "spoken" to you?

I was told above that the Holy Spirit does not reside in us.

I don't remember reading that post. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

GOD speaks to me daily as I speak to him. You, my friend, may want to do a little background. I am not knocking GOD. I am trying to bring up points that what many have been taught the last 2,000 or so years is hardly what Christ's intentions were or are. They are the teachings of man.

If people had listened to GOD and not man George Bush would not be in the White House now sending our boys to war, cutting Veteran's Hospital funding, giving oil corporations tax breaks for "something" while in the meantime cutting off food stamps and other things going to the poor.

If this is the "moral" man people stormed to vote for I have yet to see this morality except for the ability to quote a verse and lead the sheep to slaughter.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted by just me 2

GOD speaks to me daily as I speak to him. You, my friend, may want to do a little background. I am not knocking GOD. I am trying to bring up points that what many have been taught the last 2,000 or so years is hardly what Christ's intentions were or are. They are the teachings of man.

OK, now how do you know what God is saying to you?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I was told above that the Holy Spirit does not reside in us. Which is it? Seems the "Book" may be interpreted many ways?

Who told you this. He lives in those who come to God through Christ. And anyone can do this.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Who told you this. He lives in those who come to God through Christ. And anyone can do this.

You told me this dbrandt when you mentioned "salvation". The Holy Spirit resides in ALL not just those that are "born again" or whatever. One's relationship with GOD only increases when this realization is made and realizes GOD does not exist for a select people.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You told me this dbrandt when you mentioned "salvation". The Holy Spirit resides in ALL not just those that are "born again" or whatever. One's relationship with GOD only increases when this realization is made and realizes GOD does not exist for a select people.

No, that wasn't me.

The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in those that have received Christ. In the Old Testament The Holy Spirit would come upon a believer for a specific task and time and then leave again. I may have said that. But at salvation now He dwells in the believer and promises that He will never leave nor forsake.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

One's relationship with GOD only increases when this realization is made and realizes GOD does not exist for a select people.

Good point. GOD does not exist for people at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join