It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pentagon spying on Americans? YES!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
While I may be in the minority here on ATS in regards to the our military spying on us, others are paying attention so there

I honestly don't think you're in the minority, or if you are, you won't be for long. I'm with you 100% and I know there are plenty of others here who agree. But it really doesn't matter how many agree or disagree, this thing is happening.

Personally, I'm tired of pointing out to people the nose on their face. If they don't want to see it, that's their problem. I can see what's happening. If they wish to remain blind, then that's the way it is.

The way I see it, a certain amount of people are required to blindly follow and accept for this type of action to be successful. If we all raised up and were 'aware', the government and military would never be able to pull anything over on us.

The first post in this thread hit me in a very personal way. The Quakers are a really wonderful, peaceful, honorable group of people and they don't deserve this treatment from our government. But then, who does?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
lol ranting lunatics? i doubt that me saying "if you dont question your politicians doings that they wont bother you" is lunacris. any person who can seriously threaten the high powers power, doesnt last very long. especially if it could lead to the total demise of such powers. is it lunacris to think that if you stay at the bottom that they wont bother you? your letting them do whatever they want, then of course they wont bother you. but should you test them they will not like you, and do whatever they have to if you pose any serious threat to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If the Pentagon or Military were stopping anti-war or banning ant-war protests then I could understand your concern but surveillance? Keeping an eye on people opposed to your organization is pretty smart.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by magnito_student
Their car following behavior isnt the best either.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by magnito_student]
true, true...

And then there's always the car parked down the street.....
I stop and think, lets see, what did i post recently that would....Nah!

Peering thru the curtains as i post my dislike for the fairies at the White House...

Coming home and asking my husband "Anyone come'?

Thats what they want, paranoid citizens.

exactly..lol
the surveillance is always directly proportionate to what i posted. The closer to truth I hit, the more the activity.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

How did I know that the people who support or have no problem with this would say one of the following:

1. If you have nothing to hide, what's the problem?
2. Aw, they're not spying on us, they're spying on the terrorists.
3. It's ok to give up your freedoms if it'll make you safer.

Gee, I must be psychic...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Grady, Westpoint, something to think about...you say things like "If you have nothing to hide, your innocent" and "I think your over reacting", maybe but how about you go tell that to the 1000's of people in the US that are locked up in prison RIGHT NOW for something they did not do. You see it all the time on TV, people locked up 35 years before key evidence comes out, how many innocent suffered the death penalty you think?

Factor that into the equation considering that the Patriot Act gives government agencies and local police authority to watch, question, arrest and if I'm not mistaken, in the proposed Patriot Act II, to privately execute without trial those who are deemed to be "terrorists" .

Just remember, terrorists dont just come in one color, they are watching everyone....and pray they dont make the same "mistakes" that they have for years by imprisoning/killing innocent people like you and I.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Put this thread
Bush OK'd spying on americans without warrants along side this one and hopefully you get the picture.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That year, following the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush authorized the NSA to monitor the international phone calls and international e-mails of hundreds — perhaps thousands — of people inside the United States, the Times reported.

The administration had briefed congressional leaders about the NSA program and notified the judge in charge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, the secret Washington court that handles national security issues.

I suggest you read the rest here.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This country is going down hill.
We arent so free anymore now are we?
I see this becoming a legal event in 20 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The fact that there are posters in this forum who see nothing wrong with this latest episode in the slow walk to fascism is highly disturbing. It makes me question their motives for being here.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not sure how many of you listen to Off the Hook, but on the 12/7 release, they described the following:

Signalling Vulnerabilities in Wiretapping Systems, a paper written by four people, released in November, describes an exploit which affects virtually all analog loop extender or dial-up slave wiretap systems. Essentially, by generating a c-tone, you can make the digital wiretap think the phone has been hung up, thereby making the device stop listening.

From the paper:

We found exploitable vulnerabilities present in virtually all analog "loop extender" or "dialup slave" wiretap systems and in at least some systems based on the newer J-STD-025A CALEA interfaces. These systems depend on unsecured "in-band" signals that can be spoofed or manipulated by an interception target via his or her own telephone line.

In the most serious countermeasures we discovered, a wiretap subject superimposes a continuous low-amplitude "C-tone" audio signal over normal call audio on the monitored line. The tone is misinterpreted by the wiretap system as an "on-hook" signal, which mutes monitored call audio and suspends audio recording. Most loop extender systems, as well as at least some CALEA systems, appear to be vulnerable to this countermeasure. Audio examples (in MP3 format) of this countermeasure can be found below.

Timely information, I'd say. There is some debate between 2600 members as to whether this technique works on newer CALEA interfaces, but still very useful. Some of the CALEA taps do have a legacy feature which lets them hear the on-hook and therefore effects them.

Examples are at the link and an example of a c-tone can be heard in the OtH webcast.

Deny ignorants.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by smallpeeps]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join