It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/13 Now: Mt. St. Helen's Web Cam Anomaly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
Its a laser from the aliens getting the lava good and warm so it will blow.

Those blasted aliens.

Wait i bet its HAARP! They are trying to set it off

[edit on 13-12-2005 by IXRAZORXI321]

that is scary dude... i was going to say the exact same thing...

so instead, i will go with a hair from a northern spotted ground squirrel...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is the 15th and I can see it too. Can it be some interraction between hot and cold air causing a "vortex"? A whirlwind type thing? It does extend down the face of the mountain somewhat. A new vent in a little whirlwind?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Surely it isn't going unnoticed. Here is a photo of all the people (and cameras) watching it. I'm sorry I don't know how to make a simple link:
vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

It has changed slightly in the views I have seen so far so I'm leaning toward hot-cold-wind for now.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think it's a pine needle or some object like that? Will we ever know what it is? lol

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If it was a pine needle it would stay the same in every view but looking at the views posted, it has varied slightly. Look at the ones posted here and see if you don't see a slight variation. Additionally, the one changing the angle of the sun almost shows a towering whirlwind.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I emailed the site to do with the St. Helen's something or other (gov) and a nice person replied saying the lens had been cleaned Dec. 9 but that it is most likely something that is stuck to the lens. I looked at a site with recent images and it is on all of them just the same so it isn't varying as I thought. It was explained it may be months before the lens is cleaned again as they have to plow the road in, then climb a scaffold to the camera so we're fortunate we're getting as good a view as we are getting.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here is the latest on the MSH site referring to the lens mark

Strange Thing In The Image Update @ 4:00 pm PST - Many of you are noticing the near vertical line just above the volcano rim in the upper righthand quadrant of the image. We've had guesses ranging from an ash plume, a smudge on the camera lens, to that errant Mutant Fly with an extra leg. It is really a very thin scratch in the glass window of the camera enclosure. We cannot do anything about it until Spring.

thought you would all like to know

jm

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join