It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some photos of the PLA soliders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

external image

external image
external image

(CoMALI)

[edit on 12/13/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Why do they appear to be crying in the last 2 pictures? It looks like its damn cold in some parts of china. Got anymore pics?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I donnot think the pics is damned cold in some parts of china
You cannot understand the emotion

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
China implements the volunteer solider system( The solider's salary should be very little, maybe less than USD100 per month) so normaly the soliders will stay in the PLA for few years then quit the PLA if they don't get promoted to a high position.

After living in the PLA base for so many years, most PLA soliders will have very deep emotion with their buddies and PLA. That is why they cry when they get on the train which will take them to their hometown or other cities.

Did u notice the red flower on their chest? That is the symbol to appreciate their work in the PLA.

Originally posted by ludaChris
Why do they appear to be crying in the last 2 pictures? It looks like its damn cold in some parts of china. Got anymore pics?

[edit on 13-12-2005 by google_abcd]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I try to get more for you and update this thread from time to time.
Actually there is a story behind every picture but it will take me a long time to tell it. Anyone can help me?

external image

These two are very funny. I never saw them before....
img.pcpop.com...

(This edit brought to you by the Coalition of Moderators Against Large Images (CoMALI))

[edit on 12/13/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

mod edit to remove image code from one image.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Dude, so what exactly are you trying to tell us when you post these pics of chinese soldiers doing service to their country? I don't see anything meaningful.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Do you really believe there is sth meaningful in the internet?
Btw, maybe you can also post some photos of your amry, I am quite curious about it
I mean the domestic ones , not in Iraq

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
Dude, so what exactly are you trying to tell us when you post these pics of chinese soldiers doing service to their country? I don't see anything meaningful.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by google_abcd]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why are you posting these pictures? What is their purpose? In short, Why do we care what the PLA soldiers look like?

Please add your thoughts and comments to the thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I dont care what the soldiers look like, I would like to see tanks, planes and other hardware though.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
even if no one else cares what they look like, i do.
..these guys are ..you know, (i'm not a guy, but..) guys like all of us.. i enjoy looking at pics of these guys just as much as i would enjoy looking at us troop pics.. the emotion in the eyes, for me - the strangeness and ..distance between me and what i'm seeing in the pics..

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think it might be the difference between the eastern culture and western culture.
We believe the most important factor in a war is the human being, not the weapons.
For instance, if you show me some photos of the most advance weapons like tanks, planes or other stuffs, ok, I will just enjoy watching them but never get expressed on them.
However if you show me some pictures of your soliders who are fighting or trainning, i will give my highest respect to them.

In sum, my opinion is that through the photos of the soliders of one country, we can see the real character and battle effectiveness of its army.

Yeah, I dont care what the soldiers look like, I would like to see tanks, planes and other hardware though.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Personally, I would be a lot more interested in how the Army performs in actual combat. It's not that I want to see anyone killed, it's just that there is really nothing to judge them on.

I want to see how they fight, how they adapt, their communication, etc.

They are the biggest potential challenge to the US as far as militaries go, but there is no way to confirm that their soldiers can perform on the level of Isreal, the US, UK, etc...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You don't remember China already had a fight with U.S and other 14 western countries in North Korea 40 years ago?
At that time, the gap between the weapon of Chinese army and that of US. UK.etc was much much bigger than now.
So you can guess what Chinese army will look like when they have the chance to use the current advance weapons.

Actually if you know chinese you can easily find tons of photos of PLA in the internet and I am sure you will find some suitable for your requirement. However the current situation is: Every educated chinese can easily read the english articles and knows everything about U.S(if they really want). But very seldom U.S people are able to read chinese articles and apparenttly know nothing about China. For instance, I can say the biggest 5 cities in China(beijing, shanghai, guangzhou, hongkong, shenzhen) are as flourish as or even better than NewYork , LA, London, Paris, like having more high buildings, more restaurants, more entertainment, more clubs, more shopping malls. Do you believe it? Do you know how to verify it?

In fact, Chinese people don't like to expose its real power unless they think they already predominance and have a strong willing to destroy the enemy which is contrary to what US did these years.

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Personally, I would be a lot more interested in how the Army performs in actual combat. It's not that I want to see anyone killed, it's just that there is really nothing to judge them on.

I want to see how they fight, how they adapt, their communication, etc.

They are the biggest potential challenge to the US as far as militaries go, but there is no way to confirm that their soldiers can perform on the level of Isreal, the US, UK, etc...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Special police

[edit on 14-12-2005 by google_abcd]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Second request google_abcd,
please add commentary, do not just post pictures.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd
You don't remember China already had a fight with U.S and other 14 western countries in North Korea 40 years ago?
At that time, the gap between the weapon of Chinese army and that of US. UK.etc was much much bigger than now.
So you can guess what Chinese army will look like when they have the chance to use the current advance weapons.

I remember.

The thing is, not only did the Chinese get relatively slaughtered, but as you pointed out it was 40 years ago.

There are no troops left with experience, and most likely very few officers - if any.

I think that - along with logistics - is a very overlooked part of what makes a military good/bad.

Not to go down this road, but if you pit the US vs China, on a squad to squad level the US would have grizzled veterans of at least one, and some times two wars, who have been in the heat of combat and over come it. Nearly all of our officers havve actual experience in leading during combat situations. Our Sr officers have actual war planning and adapting experience. How many of Chinas soldiers have seen action? How many of Chinas Jr officers have been under fire and led their men to victory? How many of Chinas Sr officers have planned and won a war?

Again, I am NOT trying to get into a US vs China 'who would win in a war' debate.

I just am more interested in Chinas actual recent combat experience, how they faired, and what leadership they have with that experience.

I equate it with proffesional athletes (I find a lot of parallels between sports and the military)... You could have the best prospect in the history of the sport. He could be bigger, stronger, quicker, faster, and more physically powerfull. But this rookie will usually get schooled by a far less talented, but much more experienced player, simply because the vet knows the "tricks of the trade."

Like wise, do Chinese GIs know "the tricks of the trade"?

new topics

top topics

join