It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Limbaugh's Doctors Can Be Subpoenaed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A judge has ruled that prosecutors can subpoena Rush Limbaugh's medical doctors as part of the investigation of Limbaugh's acquisition of about 2.000 pain killers from four MDs over a period of four months. The judge also ruled that the MDs cannot be questioned about Limbaugh's medical condition or about any information Limbaugh may have told them. Both the prosecution and the defense claim victory as a result of the ruling.

seattlepi.nwsource.com
Prosecutors can subpoena Rush Limbaugh's doctors as part of an investigation into whether the conservative radio commentator illegally bought painkillers, a judge ruled Monday.

Judge David F. Crow ruled that Florida laws do not prevent doctors from talking with prosecutors if the discussion is relevant to the prosecution of a crime.

The decision gave prosecutors permission to subpoena doctors and their staff, but it also protected confidential material in Limbaugh's medical records. The judge noted that Florida law prohibits the discussion of a patient's medical condition and information disclosed by a patient during treatment.

Prosecutors and an attorney for Limbaugh both said they benefited from the ruling.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Limbaugh has been plagued by this investigation for what seems like a very long time. While I am never too shy to ask my MDs for narcotics to alleviate significant pain, I am just a little skeptical that anyone needs that many pain killers over such a brief period of time. I have also read that Limbaugh's deafness could have been caused by narcotics abuse. Oxycontin has been a very popular drug among abusers and I have seen some pretty bizarre robberies and other attempts conducted by addicts to acquire the drug. I've had quite a few of those in my day, but when they're gone, they're gone.

Related News Links:
www.fda.gov
www.americanthinker.com
www.prnewswire.com
www.upi.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2005/12/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can see the trail now

DA: Dr Jones did you prescribe medications for Rush?

Dr Jones: Yes

DA: What Medications were they?

Dr Jone: Sorry that is privalged information.

I see this only as a fishing trip on the part of the DA. More then liikely they are hoping one of the doctors will slip up and revel something they do not know at this time.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
RUsh the flying nazi gasbag has enough money he can keep this case in legal limbo forever. The worse it will be is somethign taht constantly annoys him, and might ahve to make him spend more money on. he is not going ot get jail time, and Rush has far to many zombie fans that think he has done nothing wrong, nor told any lies

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Good. We're not just talking hundreds, we're talking thousands of Vicodans and probably oxys, thats enough to kill a horse.

Dr. shopping wouldnt be acceptable for me, why should it be for him?

And yes, i wouldnt doubt if the dr. syas its priviledged info.
Can they do that? I hope not.

Maybe he is on the road to recovery by now and can fully devote all his time to bowing to Bush, as is his mission.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh:

Nazi, Drug Addict, Criminal.

Other: messianic self-admirer(adonis complex).

top topics

join