It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amercia in Danger of Becoming a Military State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

"Bob Barr: Bush administration worse on Second Amendment than Clinton
Amercia in Danger of Becoming a Military State

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones | December 11 2005

Former Republican Congressman and CIA official Bob Barr says that there is a danger recent developments describe a trend of America slipping into a totalitarian society and that the Bush administration are doing everything in their power to see that this happens.

During a radio interview with host Alex Jones, Barr outlined where the country is heading.

"Basically, as long as you smile when you demand to see somebody's ID at gunpoint sitting on a bus I guess it's OK for the government, that's sort of the way they operate. It can be a totalitarian type regime."

"I think it's a real danger where we have the military becoming involved in all sorts of domestic matters and we have the government being able to seize very private personal records on people without any suspicion that they've done anything wrong. This is a dramatic turn of events that has accelerated greatly since 9/11."

for the full story

at infowars.com

Pay attention to your freedoms, and tell others who may be in a deep slumber.

Mod Edit: Added Quote Tags.

[edit on 13/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The thing is, that "terrorism" & "terrorist" is such a broad ranged definition. It is not just Abdullah with a backpack & a bomb, at least not by the US Federal Government. The reason I say this...? Well, when you get things like the Patriot Act, & the "Lone Wolf Terrorist" clauses, you restricted our US Citizens rights that were given to us in our Constitution. Not only this, but when the President of the US declares part of our Nation a Natural Disaster, FEMA steps in & declares Martial Law.

What is wrong with that, you ask? Well...seeing how FEMA get's control of the US or whatever part of it that's had a flood, hurricane, sinkholes, etc, they literally suspend the US Constitution totally. You have NO rights, as a US citizen.

Okay, maybe you're asking now, where does the "Straw Adversary" come in like in the beginning of this post? Well, the thing is, that for most people, a "terrorist" used to be some Arab hi-jacking a plane, or blowing up a US Consulate in another country, until of course, Timothy McVeigh came along.

Another patsy like Lee Harvey Oswald.

Then there's Waco, Texas & Ruby Ridge, & whatever else happens. These are the events, that will get tied to "terrorism" on our American soil. Just after 9/11, President Bush had a speech, where he said "We will train our Police & Military how to respond to a "terrorist action" on American soil...".

Okay, for those of you that do not know, the American Military, is not allowed to move on American soil, unless in a Natural Disaster, which is usually the National Guard, under a Law called "Posse Comitatus", which reads :

From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section, and any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

You can go here to read more on this :
www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

What you see, with FEMA stepping in & suspending the US Constitution, is a loophole through a "Natural Disaster" to take away our God given rights.
Don't agree with Me? Try going anywhere you're not supposed to, during a Natural Disaster with a National Guradsman pointing a M-16 at you. You'll be shot dead, if he's doing his job right.

Well, back to My original point, the "Straw Adversary"...to get the people to hate terrorism, the Government literally tied all the loose ends together, from Sept 11th to the Oklahoma City bombing, so everyone in the US would see, "terrorism" as anything in between an Arab & a US citizen. This is where it gets good, or bad, depending on where you stand.

If you try to stand against the treatment, that you see as bad, like a Cop taking your family member off, because he's suspicious, fits the profile of a "terrorist", then you will be taken with them. Do you know why something so small as this will work? Because the Government knows how to show you one thing, while they're really doing another. Pretending to "Protect our Freedoms" by taking away our privacy.

I remember, after Sept 11th, they started asking all over the News, "Would you give up some of your freedoms, to make the US safer?" Know what My answer would've been, if they'd asked Me? Nope, not one ounce of it. I value My privacy, & I will protect it with My life.

I have nothing to hide, I'd show you My wallet & everything in it, if I trusted you, show you where My gun is, if I trusted you. Do I trust the Government? Hell no!!! You never, ever, ever trust a Politician.

Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often & for the same reason.

In case you missed it, in all that typing of Mine, "terrorism" is the "Straw Adversary", because the Government knows, they have to make you fear something, so you're easier to control & manipulate. And guess what...? They're doing it, & you're willingly letting them, by letting them take away our Freedoms.

Remember, we have that "Code Orange, Code Red, & Code Green" for the "terrorism alert" system? Guess what...? All they have to do, is turn that light from green to red, & you run away scared & lock your doors.

Think about all this, add your thoughts to the mix.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Makes you wonder why we still dont have the checkpoints at every crossroad since 9/11. Security is pretty much lax. So much for military state.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Makes you wonder why we still dont have the checkpoints at every crossroad since 9/11. Security is pretty much lax. So much for military state.

They can't justify that yet just wait and see, if the U.S. begins to have riots and curfews put in place random stops, check points, etc, will be on the way as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

They can't justify that yet just wait and see, if the U.S. begins to have riots and curfews put in place random stops, check points, etc, will be on the way as well.

If I remember correctly we have many riots and protestors since 9/11 but that pretty much didnt provoke the U.S. military to come in and take control of the country.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by Odium

If I remember correctly we have many riots and protestors since 9/11 but that pretty much didnt provoke the U.S. military to come in and take control of the country.

What you say by riot and what I say by riot are two different things.

When I say riot, I mean similar to the L.A. Riots or those in the 1960's and 1950's which turned violent. You've had none like those since 9/11.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We might be well on our way to having checkpoints at every crossroads. They are called sobriety checkpoints and seat belt compl,iance checkpoints. While this in not the military but the local police manning these checkpoints they do serve the purpose of making the general public used to the idea of being stopped without probable cause. Unfortunately, most people go along with it like a bunch of sheep.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The problem seems to be that people are already aware that terrorism, if it is something to be feared, will lead us down the path of freedom destruction.

Remember 9/11 when the media was asking people, would you give up some of your privace in order to feel safer from a terrorist theat?

Most people would gladly allow it, however not I.

There is nothing anybody, gov't or otherwise that can stop a treat from a group of people willing to die for their cause. The only way to fight that is to cultivate our own suicide missions.

Nothing short of this will solve anybody's problems, so no amount of people willing to sacrifice our freedoms will do the job. All that will amount to is some dictatorship ruling over our lives, ohh wait, they already do, because too many people never learned to think for themselves, and question authority. SHEEP IS RIGHT, but more importantly, everyone I run into already believes that their votes don't count and there is nothing anyone can do to stop what has already begun.

We now live in the World, and to see yourself as only a part of one particular country is a mute point these days.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Um.. click on the original link.. then click on home at that web site.

Anyone see anything peculiar about this web site???

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Are you perhaps cautious of the products for sale? If not that, then what? I'll gladly admit ignorance about this site, so enlighten me if you would? The suspense is killing me. What’s wrong with the site?

Do you think that just because he has products for sale that he's not legit? Or that he is himself spreading a terrorist mentality that breads more fear? What?

I've been an Alex Jones fan for some time now, however I've never bought anything from him, I just really enjoy his perspective, mostly, but not utterly. I could do without much of his hard religious overtones however.

Thanks LostSailor for your input. Or anybody else's for that matter!
Apparently blind,
Shixta

[edit on 13-12-2005 by shixta]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Maintaining a web site costs money, the internet is not free.

I have no problems with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Oh I'm sorry... I thought it was blatantly obvious. The home page is full up of wack-job scare tactic propaganda. 9-11 rise of the police state, secret societies, prisonplanet, etc. ect.

I like most ATSers first look to the source of an article then decide whether or not I will buy into it. I wasn't impressed with the source of your information at all. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My mama and I often talk about what would happen if we did become a Military State, and it scares me. The fact that we would be overrun with our military and we would have Bush in the Presidential office 'til it was declared over should really awaken people to the fact that it is a possible future for us.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Bush has made gun laws more lax then Clinton ever did, and everyone is assuming that this or that will happen. Don't jump to conclusions with half truths, I can still do everything I did before 9/11.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I see your point Lost Sailor, however if this stuff really is going on, how else should one tailor their media strategies to get the information out?

I somewhat agree with you, however I do think it is an effective way to spread the word about our changing political landscape. In a world that is ever more entrenched with advertising and marketing frenzies, Alex needs to discover ways of competing with the competition.

We all know the difficulty faced with getting alternative agendas out to the American public.

It seems to me that Mr. Jones is taking a play from the enemies play book, and I guess I'm okay with that to a point.

But you believe he's gone to far,,huh?

I just don't know anything anymore. There are too many perspectives to weigh in on, so how do we learn to be fiercely critical about where and why we are being slaughtered with information?

top topics

join