It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba after Fidel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What will Cuba be like after Castro? He's old and old people tend to die.

I see the embargo coming down, elections, and Cuba returning to it's place once again as a tourist mecca as it was pre-Castro. A little infusion of Capital and we could have an adult disneyland to an afto-Cuban beat.

Sir, may I get you another Cuba Libre?
Si, gracias, con lemon por favor...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Cuba after Castro. We are assuming the man will ever die. I mean seriously, 9 american presidents and counting. May not like the mans politics, but his staying power borders on the paranormal.
After him though, doesn't he have a younger brother who runs the police, or intelligence service? I seem to remember hearing him mentioned as Castros heir to his cult of personality. Either him, or violent bloody civil war as various factions, including ones from south florida, attempt to seize power, and fill the vacuum. The u.s. almost surely drawn in along with other western hemisperic powers (Brazil, Venezuala, and Mexico, and several others). The vision of this chaos, almost makes me hope the man lives forever, better the evil you know, than the evil you don't.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Seagull, I hope your pesimistic view dosen't come to pass but you seem to have a better handel on the Latin politic than I do.

I would just love to be able to go to Cuba and listen to the music and dance.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I hope Castro dies soon, i might return to my country one day. If he does die, his brother Raul will be waiting in the wings...There has to be intervention in that island if we want it to be like it used to be...

I can personally tell you, i've never seen a more beautiful place and the beaches are incredible.

Muchacho, dame un Cuba Libre con bastante limon

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As much as I appreciate the comment (blush), I'm nothing even vaguely resembling an expert on Latin America. Cuba, since day one, has never been easy for america to handle, or to predict; but I don't see it happening any other way, but we can hope for a peaceful transition, and prepare for the other.
Bye the bye, they have some of the worlds greatest beaches, and I would some day like to be able to go see them without running afoul of the law. Not to mention cuban cigars (yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!). someday, it will have to happen.

new topics

top topics

join