It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jacksons King Kong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I saw KK this morning and Peter Jackson took a great movie and made it greater. I won't spoil anything, but you can't help but love this huge Silverback.....his incredible strength and fighting ability are awesome.

Kongs personality also comes to life in this movie.....The 3 hours seems to fly-by too fast.

The critics complained about the "slow start", but I actually liked the depression-era New York footage, with Model T's and old storefronts.

KK is well worth seeing....and it will for sure get an Oscar for Movie of the Year.

Max

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I've heard nothing but positive things about this movie. Have a feeling that it can give Titanic a run for the box office record. One question you must have some kind of connection to see the film so early. So how'd you get to see it?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
BP, my brother-in-law is a screenwriter and the screenwriters guild has their own private theater in Beverly Hills for their members.

So he gave me tickets, his guild card and I went ahead and took my 2 boys with me to the 10:30 show this morning.

The only bad part about their theater is no popcorn....candy...sodas and I got a $40 parking ticket!...ah well thats Beverly Hills for you.

Its Awesome....in fact there were alot of people drying their eyes when Kong died.

Max

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i so want to see this movie. it looks so good. i think peter jackson is one of the BEST directors cinime has seen in a long time.

i dont care if it 3 hours long. as long as im paying 6 bucks for a movie i should get my monies worth.

man i hope this movie rocks.

Peter i have complete faith in your movie. please dont let me down!!

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This thread seems more destined for the movie area...

But no, I haven't seen it yet. Want to, though!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To LA Maximus:

Sweet hookup, I bet your kids were so excited!!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have a few questions for you.

Was Jack Black the man?

Was Naomi Watts as good as everybody says?

Is your brother in law famous? (Done anything I know and treasure)

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
I have a few questions for you.

Was Jack Black the man?

Was Naomi Watts as good as everybody says?

Is your brother in law famous? (Done anything I know and treasure)

Jack Black was "the Man" and he carried the movie until Kong showed up. JB was perfect for the producer part....more like a con-artist that reminded me of his great performance in School-of-Rock.

I liked the other actors as well, Naomi Watts is beautiful and it was easy to see why Kong fell for her. She and Kong shared alot of lingering looks and quiet moments that bonded them.

My Brother-in-law was the screenwriter for "Around the World in 60 days"...which would have done better if Jackie Chan was not forced unto him by the powers-that-be in Hollywood. He told me he than had to rewrite the script and it ended up as a Jackie Chan Karate movie that he did not want. He also does alot of TNT mini-series work.

Your going to Love KK, its the best movie Ive ever seen and it included deleted scenes from the original KK.

Max

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Roger Ebert and his boy toy gave it two thumbs up and said it was excellent. I can't wait to see it and I will never hear the end of how I just want to see it because Naomi Watts is in it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am current very unsatisfied with this movie actually. My parents are watching it now (best not to ask how) and I just cant stay focused on it...maybe it would be better if it was on a big screen...and maybe its the fact that the computer is taking most of my thoughts...but right now Im not that fond of it...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Roger Ebert and his boy toy gave it two thumbs up and said it was excellent. I can't wait to see it and I will never hear the end of how I just want to see it because Naomi Watts is in it.

Peace

Thats the clincher for me as well. Im looking forward to it just because of their enthusiasm!

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have not seen King Kong yet - I rarely see movies until they're on DVD - but I was following the development of it online with the video production diaries they posted on kongisking.net. Great stuff to watch if you're interested in filmmaking.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know this is a bit off topic but Peter Jackson directing the new Halo movie

PS. JACK BLACK KICKASS!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by bomberman]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
He's not directing Halo, he's the executive producer.

Guillermo del Toro is the one Peter Jackson is currently talking with to direct, but Jacksons just doing the production work.

But they also got the writer who wrote 28 days later doing the script, so that should be interesting.

top topics

join