It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting excerpt in my poly science book...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was just skimming through my Political Science book, due to the fact i have a final tommorow. I found this in the back and thought it was somewhat interesting. By the way this is the 2006-2007 edition.

Are you interested in American politics? International affairs? The nature of justice? Are you concerned about critical issues like health, the enviorment, civil rights, nuclear proliferation, and the face of the "New World Order"? Do you want to study these subjects and pursue a career based on your interests?

I think it is funny how they are inserting little hints such as this into our college books now.

Has anyone else noticed this in there college text books?

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Uber Fr0g]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The term "New World Order" doesn't necessarily mean the conspiratorial version. Many people have said a "New World Order" was created when the U.S.S.R. collapsed as well as at other important events in world history when the global power balance significantly shifted.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah weird enough I have a final for polysci tomorrow as well and our chapter 10 is totally devoted to "globalization" and the new world order (although not spoken in these terms). Not saying this is slowly implanting this idea into college student's heads in a gradual hitleresque way, but globalization is a huge topic with political scientists today, because globalization is real and is happening now. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but my text book has very similar questions as yours.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ch.10 lol same chapter im studying for tommorow.

Back on topic, That isnt the only occurence, throughout the book it speaks of ways of controlling the population. Ways of isolating certain parts of the country in case of so called "disasters". Predictions the population of the U.S and neighboring countries will decline in the near future...it doesnt go into much detail about this. Il try and post some more excerpts tommorow when im done studying.

I personally dont think this new world order has much truth to it, well not as much as some people here believe it has. I think it has been occuring for many years. Some here seem to think one day the government will kill off 2/3 of the population and imprison more...seems a little far fetched to me. I just think it's strange how it's being added in our new books. I went back and scoured my old books and foun no traces. Except one i believe nixon said something about a new world order.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Uber Frog... wow... yeah my poly sci book also has a thing about NWO. i too have a final this week... good luck man! the book is in a friend's dorm room right now but i'll get it tomorrow and let you know the publishing info. which book are you using? mine talks about globalization of economies as some kind of new way of life... but it actually uses the NWO term. sorry to be vague... more tomorrow. good luck again!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
People run from or attack "monsters". It's time to take the monster out of the jungle and into the community. Call it an elephant and they'll all come to feed it hoping to get a ride and look down on everyone else. Don't fall for it. The elephant is the "monster".

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Errr...

Two choices:

Either the Politics books talk about globalization and the New World Order, which is a factor in politics or they do not.

If they did not talk about it, I would be more worried.

I think you really need to turn the "Common Sense" button on for a moment and think about it... it would be easier to come into effect, if they slip it in through the back-door. So the population is unaware of things like CAFTA, the U.N's role in gun policy and so on because teaching it makes people question it. Which makes people talk about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
HaHa, good luck on finals everyone.

I think you really need to turn the "Common Sense" button on for a moment and think about it... it would be easier to come into effect, if they slip it in through the back-door. So the population is unaware of things like CAFTA, the U.N's role in gun policy and so on because teaching it makes people question it. Which makes people talk about it.

Yeah, this does make sense. My professor totally ignored the entire globalization NWO section so i had to read up on it myself yesterday. Didnt really say a whole lot.

Oh yeah,slaughterdove. My poly sci book is made specifically for my school. Kinda weird huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Surprisingly enough it was Gorbachev who really publically revived the New World Order in the latter half of the cold war. A number of Years before Bush Sr.

We're not living in a fully established New World Order yet. However one more terrorist attack and then it will be in full force. Since 9/11 we have been living in a Quasi New World Order or transitional stage.

How ironic it will be when someday the chest beaters realize a communist state is being set up in the Land of Liberty. I can't stand how these brainwashed Fox news brats run around talking liberty this and liberty that yet telling us how we need to surrender our freedom for security.

new topics

top topics

join