It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photo Mystery-Braxton Beast Found on Game Cam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I found a startling new camera trap photograph of what appears to be an unknown bipedal creature caught on a game cam just days ago in West Virginia The West Virginia photograph of the "Braxton Beast" was "captured" in a county with a well-known history of bizarreness. Please try to explain this one.

Found this here.
Cryptomundo.com

Original Photo of Braxton Beast.

A Blowup of The Photo

Here is a link to enhancements done to the photo

Enhancements At Cryptomundo

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It really just looks like a leaf blowing in front of the camera. I don't see the 'bipedal' part either but thats probably just me.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
How can it be a leaf if gametrackers are triggerd by heat? That is the big question no one can answer. The enhancements done discredit this idea also.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The second enhanced picture almost looks like he has a pair of New Balance shoes on that blend in with the leaves. I'm not so sure about this photograph. Doesn't it suck how picutres like this are never clear enough to definitively answer questions.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Most game cameras I know that are homemade use motion to snap the pict
mostly done by taking apart a digital camera adding a motion sensor that is sodered to the camera circit then put into a weatherproofbox set usually waist high. there was a few forums I used to read about that cause I wanted to set one up in front of my house to see picts of all who came there when i wasn't home

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It does look like a leaf to me as well. It is the same color as the leaves on the ground and it appears to be in front of the tree.

Does this camera with out a doubt use a heat sensor? Do we know the make and model of the camera?

Edit: Ah, here we are.

The Cryptomundo correspondent, a 27-year-old gentleman, Frederick B. Gerwig, sends along this information in his initial email to me earlier this week: "Here is a picture that my father’s wildlife camera (motion activated) took around 12/07/05.

[edit on 10/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Evilbat you are right. The story does say motion activated trap camera. But like said if a leaf the owner would know.The camera would have been taking hundreds of photos.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maybe the camera did take several photos of falling leaves and the owner decided it would be fun to show off this 'funny' leaf. Or maybe this was the only leaf captured because it was too close to the camera.

This is more likely a leaf than a bright orange creature running around in the woods. Hunters would probably have seen such a thing with their own eyes.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
At first, I thought it was a leaf as well, but after looking at the rest of the pic I changed my mind. I believe that the quality of the cam is probably low and what we are looking at is the back end of a white tail deer that was moving quickly through the cameras field of view. Interesting pic.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
hi . i am convinced it is NOT any sort of bipedal cryptid

please view my annotated crop of the photo :

the "squareness of the head " - higlighted in yellow

the horizontal lengh of the shoulders - higlighted blue

the length of the upper and lower " arm " - higlighted greeb

the " higligts " on the oposite side of the obkect to the " arm " - higlighted white ]

thats justa 60 second look at std resolution

sorry folks - i am not convinced

and would agree with the guy who said he wanted to see ALL the take from that camera

Wig

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'd say not in front of the tree, because, of the straight line of the trunk of the tree. I'd agree, rear end of deer. I'd also wonder don't these cameras keep taking photos? So where are the rest of them?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Howdy folks...

IMHO...

I don't thinkit is a leaf, or the back end of a deer, it looks more to me like the cam caught a hunter in hunters orange out in the woods...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Howdy folks...

IMHO...

I don't thinkit is a leaf, or the back end of a deer, it looks more to me like the cam caught a hunter in hunters orange out in the woods...

You must be covered head to toe in hunters orange and hunt with no gun.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I believe it is a leaf also. There is another leaf falling in the same pic (first one), to the right of the tree, the same height as the "beast", but closer to the camera. The disparity in depth perception between the camera and the tree makes the image to the left of the tree appear as something coming from the left and behind the tree. Sorry for this simplistic explaination but I don't have a technical knowledge of photography.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pretty sure it is a leaf also like the last guy said there is a leaf falling to the right also.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Howdy folks...

IMHO...

You must be covered head to toe in hunters orange and hunt with no gun.

I'm not sure what to think either.
Even so, most hunters use an orange vest or jacket along with regular pants.

Many hunters hunt with handguns so not seeing a rifle is not surprising.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
can i say something,

Ill take you to the Photoshop da na na na, ill let you lick....

Know to get serious, if it was a creature it would be strange for it to be that color especially around that type of environment. also it seems strange its almost as if it was not on the ground. i believe it is a leaf, just look at the other leafs around there.

but if it was a leaf then why is it the only one in the air caught by the camera. If there was a sudden gust of wind surely a whole bunch of them might have been caught in it.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is the "Braxton Beast" a new idea, or has this "beast" been heard about and talked about for a long time?

I do remember hearing strange storys of monsters in WV...

-- Boat

It kinda looks like some sort of beast, to me.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
you mean this thing

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No, not at all. Is that for a jape?

-- Boat

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Boatphone]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join