It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I think "God" thinks of Christmas Trees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Cut em down for Christ's day, plant them on Earth's day.

balanced and fair.
Kill life for God, give life for Earth.

We prioritize well, don't we?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Tho i understand what you mean, and iat the first eye it does seem balanced, I myself do not cut trees for Christmas. In fact I have a pummy litle 18 inch tree seating on the fire-place mentel.

If we think as God the Cretor of Nature and everything in it, than we must assume He has His own way of getting read of the exceding trees.

Besides the cut down number is 2, 3, 4, 5 ....10 times bigger than the re-florestation.

It would be a perfect idea, if this world was perfect.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say but I don't think that cutting trees down for Christmas and planting them on Earth day is balanced.

I don’t know how many trees get planted on Earth day but I'm sure it is a fraction of how many get cut down for Christmas. I can’t find any stats on this but I doubt Earth day tree planting comes even close to the amount of trees cut down for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Considering that the cutting down of a christmass tree is not a christain tradition origonally you innital assumption is skewed.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Since I am not a christian nor am I any other religious persuasion, I can honestly say that question does not enter my mind. I personally love the smell of christmas trees, but prefer them in the ground, which is why I drag the plastic one out every year & decorate it as best as I can....

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This may seem odd, but Christmas trees are a crop like cotton or beans. In Arizona you can see huge Xmas tree plantations that go on for miles and miles. Very few people go into the woods and cut their own tree. When they do the forest service has designated areas to cut with strict limits on specie and size.

Just more of the over commercialization of Christmas; what else is new.
If you want to worry about trees, concentrate on the clear cutting being allowed the logging companys, by this current administration.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
concidering most tree's are grown on factories and not many go out "into the wild" and cuts down a tree anymore, and many more people are actaully using plastic/artifical tree's now kind of deflates the bubble of this topic.

FWIW I allways plant a tree on earth day

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There are farms which grow Cristmas trees...grown just like corn and wheat. No-one really thinks that there are legions of people going into the woods and cutting down trees growing naturally, do they? And, as far as the quantity of trees planted goes, I think the people who grow Chrismas trees would always plant more than they sold. It takes about 5 years for a tree to get to the size where they fit into a living room.

Most people today, though, buy the kind that break down and fold up in the box they bought it in. Sure saves on the cost as well as those nasty needles getting into the carpeting.

On the original question of what "God" thinks on Christmas trees, imo, all you need to do is ask yourself what you think of them, because God lives in your heart.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That seems highly impossible to answer because your talking about someone who does not exist. There just trees by the way. Why do you care what someone thinks about cutting down trees? This may not be a Christian tradition, but it is an American tradition.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blooper
That seems highly impossible to answer because your talking about someone who does not exist. There just trees by the way. Why do you care what someone thinks about cutting down trees? This may not be a Christian tradition, but it is an American tradition.

It's not just an American tradition...it started in the 7th century.
www.christmasarchives.com...

Before that, the Yule log was brought into the house and that tradition goes back to the times before Christianity was a eureka moment in St. Paul life.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
Considering that the cutting down of a christmass tree is not a christain tradition origonally you innital assumption is skewed.

If not Christians, then who is cutting down Christmas trees?

Jews?

Hindus?

Muslims?

Buddists?

etc . .. . . .. . .. . . . .

Thanks masqua for your contribution!!

Sharing knowledge is the best kind of sharing.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Mizar

Jews?

Hindus?

Muslims?

Buddists?

etc . .. . . .. . .. . . . .

Thanks masqua for your contribution!!

Sharing knowledge is the best kind of sharing.

You're welcome, Esoteric Teacher.

The tradition of bringing evergreen boughs goes back to preChristian times, though...the Romans were doing it as well as Egyptians. And the pagan tribes of Europe were also decorating their homes with the symbol of life...the green boughs of spruce, cedar and holly.

Here's a little tidbit from the History Channel on on the tradition. Enjoy

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Jews?

Hindus?

Muslims?

Buddists?

It's those damned insurgents!!

ET, God solved your little dilemma by creating plastic Christmas trees. No need to fret. Go ahead and put on your bunny slippers and enjoy Christmas.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As people are banging on about what is or what is not Christian, perhaps we should, at this special time of year, say a big THANK YOU! to
Coca-Cola for highjacking Father Christmas.

Now that IS un-christian! TWATS!

new topics

top topics

join