It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atlantis Empire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
i belive that thousends of years ago, there was a great empire, in this was many teratories, including egypt, china, the americans, if u notice that all these contries have priymids in them. i belive the priymids is a symbol of their empire.

you can also guess how fast it took them to conquer and in witch direction around the world. first they went to africa and america around 3000BC, at this time in egypt people where starting to settle, and the same with the native americans. then all of a sudden they started to build pyimids, more important they all are stepped pyimdis in egypt and america
what are the odds for that?

as the empire expanded they moved towards china and more advanced pyimids where erected, i belive the bent pyimid is a prototype for this. seeing as there is only stright sided pyimids in the easten empire,i belive that the westem empire was invaded by another great force.

slow but shortly the empire gre so big that unrest was masive, there might of been a huge rebellon, Atlantis destroyd itself by civil war

Any thoughts let me know, ok?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I agree it's extremely coincidental and odd to see pyramids across the world. It's highly possible that since Pyramids are pretty basic geometry, different civilizations happened to figure them out. I would suggest that Atlantis died when the continents broke apart, but I don't know. Wouldn't the pyramids have been damaged with that amount of turbulent earthquaking? It's interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You could make a better case if the structure was something complicated.
Even something as complicated as Stonehenge appearing around the world would be a strong indication that there was some sort of moving cultural influence.

But the pyramid? There's nothing complicated about the shape. It can easily be created by a child in beach sand. Just like there's nothing particularly startling or complicated about domes (most early huts are domes simply because you can bend branches to make a dome easily), cones (like the tipi) or boxes (regular old houses.)

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Even something as complicated as Stonehenge appearing around the world would be a strong indication that there was some sort of moving cultural influence.

But the pyramid? There's nothing complicated about the shape. It can easily be created by a child in beach sand. Just like there's nothing particularly startling or complicated about domes (most early huts are domes simply because you can bend branches to make a dome easily), cones (like the tipi) or boxes (regular old houses.)

The other thing is that the world has basically agreed upon one set of laws of physics. If everything we do ends up coming to the same scientific conclusion, then no wonder people around the world did the same way back when.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I;m not sure but I think that the pyramids in america and the pyramids were built 1000s of years apart. Also if they were made by the same people then the 2 types of pyramid would ahve the same gods and symbols on them.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've always had this wicked cool idea for a novel or series of novels in a sci-fi setting dealing with the theory of Atlantis.
In my vision, Atlantis had space age technology and a huge intergalctic war erupted between the different races, some controlled by God the others by Satan. Atlantis refused to take sides and so was attacked by both. They lost but were banished to a remote section of this particular quadrant fo the galaxy.
There they rebuilt and started a new Empire, one that spanned the stars. To make a long story short, its in the future, Mankind is in contact with hundreds of races, we have our own star empire and now the lost Atlanteans are looking for their homeworld.

Just my schizoid spin on the Atlantis tale. You really shouldn't take anything I just said seriously, it all came from my young mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
To the first post!! I think you are almost correct! Just your timeline. Evidence is suggesting that this 'Empire' existed from 30,000 - 10,000 years ago! You have to remember that sufficient amount of time has to have passed for us to collectively have 'forgotten' our history. It takes time for the ocean to rise for the earth to cover up previous civilizations. If it had been 3000 years ago, then we would have concrete proof of this mighty empire! I think the best evidence is that every culture discovered by the 'west' has had a flood mythology and a mass genocide of people as a result of this flood! There is proof that the last ice age ended around 10000 years ago resulting in major earth catasrophies!!! Easy to wipe out an empire then!! do NOT believe the star wars thingie bajig!!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eoyn
There is proof that the last ice age ended around 10000 years ago resulting in major earth catasrophies!!!

Is there?

True, there were regional flood events caused by ice dams bursting and releasing waters from glacial lakes - but these were spread out other thousands of years - from around 20,000 to 8,000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well this thread seems very....speculative.
Atlantis having a global empire? I doubt myself. But it does sound very similar to the theory i read somewhere on the net, it was by Col. James Churchward. Which has been said to be not a very academicaly acclaimed.

The theory was the Atlantis was a coloney of a the Mu civilization, that was situated in North America (if i remember correcrly) and that they were the the first root race, they had telepathic abilities, surposedly were the size of giants, and many other advance technologies and mthical powers.

All of this has been debunked time and time again, so i am not trying to show you dis-info. But it sounds like you might find it a intresting read.
jcolavito.tripod.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Churchward was an interesting read, but like everything else is just speculation. There's no pockets of advanced technology and the Greeks and Egyptians were not that much advanced beyond the rest of the Mediterranean world.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
some say god destroyed it or maybe the it was the city of enoch

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I love your therory, but eoyn is right, your timeline is off, i would have it based more around Ancient Egypt, the archaeological anomolies make a record and show that Egyptian ships were found laden with Chinese goods off of the coast of China, showing previous discvovery and trading. Also the Egyptian Pharoahs Grave found in a national park in Australia could show that they were more widespread in their naval capacities.

I think that I am getting a little bit off topic, and rambling, however, i believe the Meditteranean and Middle Eastern region was more advanced in the past than we give it credit for, and that much of this technology (such as the Baghdad Battery) and information was destroyed due to regional instability.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Periphery
...the archaeological anomolies make a record and show that Egyptian ships were found laden with Chinese goods off of the coast of China, showing previous discvovery and trading.

... Also the Egyptian Pharoahs Grave found in a national park in Australia could show that they were more widespread in their naval capacities.

These two statements, if only they were true, would be fascinating. Unfortunately, they are not true.

The Egyptians were, in fact, horrible seamen.

Harte

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Blaming the powers at be is always a good solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Web development Directory

[edit on 16-5-2006 by websitefocus]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Harte,

in fact the ancient egyptians were excellent sailors.

Egyptians were also great sailors, travelling to lands at the very limit of ancient knowledge.

Remains of ancient Egyptian seafaring ships discovered

They have discovered quite a few huge ships built by the Egyptians. I remember reading somewhere, I shall try to find the text, that the Egyptians might have sailed all the way down to southern africa in their quest for gold and such. Plus, even moving those huge blocks of stone around the nile must have taken great sailing skills.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eoyn
Harte,

in fact the ancient egyptians were excellent sailors.

They have discovered quite a few huge ships built by the Egyptians. I remember reading somewhere, I shall try to find the text, that the Egyptians might have sailed all the way down to southern africa in their quest for gold and such. Plus, even moving those huge blocks of stone around the nile must have taken great sailing skills.

Yes, I read about those ships last year:
weekly.ahram.org.eg...

So, yes, the Egyptians had ships. But while their ships were excellent for use in the Nile (of course,) they weren't very seaworthy when compared to other civilizations of their time, though they were equipped for sailing and rowing, unlike many others.

The above linked nefertiti.iwebland.com website is extremely useful. You might want to browse it.

Herodotus claimed that the entire continent of Africa was circumnavigated at the behest of the Egyptian King Necho, but Necho used Phoenician sailors and vessels, and Herodotus felt that much of the story was probably not true, anyway.

The Egyptian sailors, like many others of their time, navigated by staying within eyesight of the shoreline. It is this aspect of Egyptian seamanship, along with their somewhat inferior vessels, that I considered when I called them "bad seamen."

Imagine hugging the coast on multiple round trips to China, as was mentioned in the post I was responding to. Also, exactly how would one "hug the coast" in a voyage to Australia?

BTW, all the aspects of the supposed Egyptian-Australian connection have been debunked or exposed as hoaxes.

Harte

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

...disagree, it would then also as difficult as that same child then making each block out of beachsand to make the pyramids, the Egyptians simply didn't make a pile of sand!!

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

In my vision, Atlantis had space age technology and a huge intergalctic war erupted between the different races, some controlled by God the others by Satan. Atlantis refused to take sides and so was attacked by both. They lost but were banished to a remote section of this particular quadrant fo the galaxy.

Kinda sounds like the theme for Stargate Atlantis

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I would suggest that Atlantis died when the continents broke apart, but I don't know.

Pretty good guess actually... thats one reason they won't find Atlantis at the bottom of the ocean. It wasn't a city, it was a civilization

Wouldn't the pyramids have been damaged with that amount of turbulent earthquaking?

Not necessarily, just look at recent quakes one building demolitione and the next untouched. The shape of a pyramid is very stable. But more likely people built them as copies of what they knew from before.

[Just like the Egyptians copied the original pyramid which is 10,000 years old] [BTW ours is the 5th civilization on this planet, Atlantis was the 4th]

I will expand on this latter when I get more time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join