It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers that Oil is not a fossil fuel. Peak Oil Confirmed Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's confirmed. The Oil Corporations are dicking us around. Oil will never run out because it reproduces in the bowels of the earth. The Oil companies are taking us for a ride.

Oil is not a fossil fuel.

Gee. I wonder why the Corporate Mass Media has not mentioned this. Finding was released one week ago. Damn those liberal journalists for helping conceal Big Oil lies.

www.spacescan.org...

worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok fine some oil may not be orginiac .now tell me how this helps us with our SUPPLY and demand problems . Because regurdless of how much there may be you still need to drill pupm diliver refine and disturbuit it.
The info structure nessery to do this can no long be enlarged or even matained at current leavels.
So oceans full of oil will do you no good .
Ps and lets not forget green house effects aside a incress of co2 in the aire of 20% would kill us regurdless of the temp .(c02 poisining)
The point is we need other sorces of energy.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I traced this article back to
www.spaceref.com...

but this only talks of methane. Can somone clue in a noob where methane and oil are related?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Methane, Natural Gas, Oil all comes from the same source. Refining is what makes the difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This has already been pretty well debunked at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Indeed. Peak Oil has been debunked.

Heck. We don't even need to use oil anymore. Look at Willy Nelson's Willy Fuel.

Made from Hemp. He's making the midwest farms happy for a change.

If society utilized hemp we could literally save our environment.

But no. The Oil companies have to have to keep living in the past.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Huabamambo]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Huabamambo says:

Indeed. Peak Oil has been debunked.

Someone forgot to tell 99 percent of the world's geologists and petroleum engineers. Maybe you ought to send them a memo.

Heck. We don't even need to use oil anymore. Look at Willy Nelson's Willy Fuel. Made from Hemp. He's making the midwest farms happy for a change. If society utilized hemp we could literally save our environment.

If you could come up with a comparison between the cost of refining crude oil to gasoline and hemp plants into a viable internal cumbustion fuel, taking into consideration re-doing the complete world fuel infrastrucutre, the loss of land to other farm products, the amount of water needed to produce the hemp fuel, using available data to quantify your claims, people might believe you.

Even I might. But if you can't show that large-scale use of hemp-derived fuel is a cost-effective replacement for petroleum, nobody will buy your assertions....

But wait!!

If, as you say, there is no peak oil problem, then why aren't we pumping the oil out of our newly-replensihed oil wells in Texas and Oklahoma? If there is no peak oil problem, why even bother with hemp?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Think this oil issue very closely now okay...

Oil doesn't run out. Humanity is not exploiting it at really high rates either because the Oil Corporations haven't built refineries for over 30 years now.

Do you see how they jack up the price by controlling the supply?

They have created a false Peak Oil scam.

They are doing this to deliberately to make us think that Oil is running out. But the fact that Big Oil is lying through it's teeth has become obvious.

It would be a very good time in history to make the switch from oil to utilizing more biodiesel fuels (hemp,veg oil,)

We're destroying the environment at a rate now that we won't be able to reverse. We can't use the 20 year excuse either. The environment literally is on the brink.

Hemp can also be made into food, clothing, and paper among other things.

Think about it. We can literally save the environment now. Even Henry Ford and Diesel wanted to use hemp or vegatable oil from the beginning.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Fact. Ford never intended the Model T to run on gasoline. He knew what would happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huabamambo
Oil is not a fossil fuel.

Actually, that's not true. What they are saying is that they found Methane on Titan. Methane comes from a variety of sources, only one of which is living organisms.

Methane also comes from comets.

Methane also is expelled by volcanos.
www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2004/04/02/MNG4I5VJSC1.DTL

In fact, we've long known that methane was present on other planets (Neptune has a lOt of atmospheric methoane):
en.wikipedia.org...

HOWEVER... there's no crude oil on those planets/comets. So the writer's conclusion that methane is related to oil is wrong

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You are in dire need of a lightbulb moment.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

by Byrd
HOWEVER... there's no crude oil on those planets/comets. So the writer's conclusion that methane is related to oil is wrong

Hi Byrd,

Um, didn't you mean there is no known crude oil on those planets? So the writer's conclusion that methane is related to oil may be wrong.

Happy Holidays

[edit on 12/8/05 by makeitso]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You are in dire need of a lightbulb moment.

Geologists and other professionals apply the knowledge of how oil is formed and deposited to find it! And they have been quite successful. As pointed out, dry wells don't refill. Once they peak they go into decline. End of story.

If crude oil was formed somehow by inorganic chemistry and percolated up through the earth it would be randomly distributed or form under very specific conditions different than those where it is now found.

You come here and insult the intelligence of moderators (thanks for the U2U BTW :shk: ), supermods, subject matter experts and members who are engineers? Here's a clue for you to get. Were not in on the big conspiracy. We just use our heads.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You work for the oil corporations don't you?

Things are starting to make sense now.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
How do you explain that the carbon isotope analysis of petroleum matches biological material and disagrees with abiotic carbon sources?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You work for the oil corporations don't you?

Things are starting to make sense now.

I'm sure some people think the same of you.

Convince the population there is no limit to oil. No need to change to other energy resources.

Instead of making coments that don't address the issues presented to you, why not try to answer them?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Fortunately for me I am not in the Oil Industry. And no I'm not saying we should continue using oil either. I'm against oil and the way the industry works.

If you read a book called Black Gold Stranglehold all your questions should be answered.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Huabamambo, no one here works for the oil companies, as far as I know. I used to work for a photovoltaics company as a systems engineer because I thought -- and still think -- we need an alternative to hydrocarbons. And one of the reasons I am against petroleum as a primary energy source is that it is a finite supply, as well as a polluting one, and one that leads to bad foreign policy.

But I am also honest enough (and so are most of my colleagues on this board) to realize that, just because you want something to be a certain way, doesn't mean that it is that way. As Ms. Byrd pointed out, extraterrestrial methane has been a known fact for over fifty years; there is no evidence tht methane requires petroleum, and therefore your entire argument about abiotic oil (although it can exist) is flawed, and your comment about "Peak Oil Confirmed Hoax" is simply wrong.

Furthermore, your citation that you provided -- supposedly in defense of using hemp to create biodiesel -- does not answer the questions I brought up about the cost-effectiveness of bio-diesel against distilled gasoline, especially about the costs of converting millions of automobiles and automobile factories, the billions of gallons of fresh water it would take to grow all that hemp, the cost of harvesting and converting teh hemp to biodiesel, the land that would no longer be vailable for other crops (for example, how many acres of hemp would it take to grow enough hemp to make biodiesel to replce our existing oils supply - or even half of it? Do you know?). Instead, all the article talks about is vague generalities.

Let's be plain: You're in the big leagues here, Huabamambo. This is ATS, and we are iin the business of denying ignorance, not perpetuating it.

You ride in off the range and come up with a scheme which -- it appears -- you haven't thought through; refuse to answer others' questions about the details of your plan; and then get all huffy and start insulting the rest of us because we don't accept your unsubstantiated statements as Gospel.

That's not going to win your ideas -- or you -- any respect.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Your statement that "it's confirmed, the oil companies are dicking us around" is absurd. If NASA does state that petroleum is not a fossil fuel (in the biological sense) it will not change the fact that it was mostly created ages ago (when the planet was young). Further, the oil companies have only been singing the accepted scientific song about it being a fossil fuel. There was no way for them to know any differently until the recent exploration of Saturn's moon Titan.

Good lord, I just read the rest of your posts on this thread and it is painfully obvious that you don't have the first clue what the heck you are talking about.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dont feed the trolls.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Right. The Oil Corporations aren't corrupt. In fact they are probably the most morale organizations on the planet Earth.

Same with all the NGO's that are outsourcing North American jobs for cheaper labour.

You people eat up Fox news exactly like Germany ate up Hitler in the 30's.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join