It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we afraid of what the bible tells us?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague

please tell me where you found in the bible that it says that reincarnation is not part of the truth???

Hebrews 9:27 nullifes and voids reincarnation.

Any other verse someone thinks refers to reincarnation, has to go through this verse first. And since this verse nullifies reincarnation then the other verse/verses someone thinks speaks of it doesn't. So that means those other verses mean something else and that person will have to look for their real meaning.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
hebrews 9:27...
"and it is apointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement".....
this does not speak directly of reincarnation...also as ive said before after the judgement you get your knew body just like christ ...this is a form of reincarnation......

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

hebrews 9:27...
"and it is apointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement".....
this does not speak directly of reincarnation...also as ive said before after the judgement you get your knew body just like christ ...this is a form of reincarnation......

It nullifies reincarnation. God knew this lie would be prevelant and so He addressed reincarnation with this verse and others. And, as I have said before, a christian doesn't use that word because it's N/A. Getting a ressurected body is what happens to us. A body that no longer has to be subject to death and other things.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
well i guess will just dance around the subject since its not allowed...
is thinking for yourself n/a also???

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Why do you say this? It's when a person wants to make up their own rules that problems set in.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
It nullifies reincarnation. God knew this lie would be prevelant and so He addressed reincarnation with this verse and others.

Well, then, since you know what 'God knew,' please post the other verses for our perusal.

And, as I have said before, a christian doesn't use that word because it's N/A. Getting a ressurected body is what happens to us. A body that no longer has to be subject to death and other things.

So now you are an authority on both what God knows and what 'christians say?'

Do you even know what the word resurrect means? What you are saying it means is more like making zombies out of people.

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
~Malachi 3:16-18

Now Malachi was 400-something years before the birth of Jesus. I think it is safe to say this 'return' was not physical. But yet it is specific ones that were written for remembrance: 'them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.' God said 'And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day...'

What is 'that day?'

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:
and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come,
saith the LORD of hosts.
But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
~Malachi 3:1-2

This is not the 'second coming,' but quite clearly the birth of Jesus--for 'the messenger' preparing the way is John the Baptist.

The messenger is 'sent.' Speaking of John, Jesus said:

For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
~Matthew 11:10

So we have a definite time--from the mouth of Jesus. He then said:

And if ye will receive it, this is Elijah, which was for to come. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
~Matthew 11:14-15

John the Baptist was Elijah, but although Jesus knew this, as did Zechariah (as told by Gabriel), John did not know this, neither did the Pharisees:

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
~Luke 1:17

And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
~John 1:21

But I say unto you, That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they chose.
Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
~Matthew 17:12-13

The 'spirit' cited above is 'pneuma'--which is the vital principle of the human soul, the identity. What we call 'soul' is 'psuche'--it is the sentient part of the human spirit and as such is connected to the body. All forms of life are 'zoe' which includes plants, as well. Animals have psuche, humans have 'psuche' and 'pneuma'. When Christ was a man, He had 'psuche', too--but His 'pneuma' was that of God's. Ours is just ours--and it is the bride to the Groom who is the Holy 'Pneuma'. And our blood is the vehicle of our 'psuche' and it is manifested in our memory--our understanding and sense of being self.

John the Baptist had John the Baptist's 'psuche,' but his 'pneuma' was the very same that Elijah had, although, of course, Elijah's 'psuche' was Elijah's.

All 'pneuma' is ultimately part of God's 'pneuma', but our 'psuche' is connected to our bodies ('zoe') until the time in which it is resurrected by the Holy Spirit through reviving of our 'pneuma.' Only through this is the 'psuche' saved--to everlasting (which is actually properly defined as 'perpetual') life. Which simply means the memory does not die--the self retains its knowledge of self.

The first death of Adam and Eve was of the 'pneuma' and the second death was of the death of 'psuche.' But, through the resurrection of Christ--the first born from the dead ('pneumatically dead')-- man's pneuma will be resurrected. And that is the 'first resurrection.' In so doing, there comes no harm from the 'second death,' which is the death of the 'psuche.' And that is how one passes from 'death to life.' Some are resurrected before the second death, but all will be resurrected.

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
~Ecclesiastes 12:6-7

The silver cord=psuche
The golden bowl=pneuma
pitcher=zoe (vessel of clay--or--the human body)

The clay returns to the earth and the pneuma returns to God. But the silver cord is 'loosed'--the soul is severed and goes to the grave--where there is no knowing, no light, no consciousness.

David 'slept' with his fathers--Abraham's bosom. The silver cords were not severed, but were dormant. Until the time that the matrix was opened by Christ and then their 'psuche' was resurrected--'re-born.'

If God chooses to refashion the vessel of clay--He certainly is able to do that.

The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.

Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD.
Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
~Jeremiah 18:1-6

• Isaiah 45:9
  • Isaiah 64:8
  • Lamentations 4:2
  • Zechariah 11:13
  • Romans 9:21-23

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Why do you say this? It's when a person wants to make up their own rules that problems set in.

no its when people actually start to show you where you might be wrong and you defeat that by saying in your religion it is n/a......sorry man thats a copout......im not trying to make you believe in riencarnation but to show you that your being closeminded by saying that it does not exist because your told this by so n so.......by using the copout n/a your not thinking for yourself.......

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

by saying that it does not exist because your told this by so n so.

We are told this by God, the ultimate authority, on the matter.

Where did He tell us this? In the Bible.

Who wrote the Bible? Men, whom God inspired with what He wanted written.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Who wrote the Bible? Men, whom God inspired with what He wanted written.

How can you know that the Bible was written by men whom were inspired by God without resorting to the circular argument of, "Because the Bible said so"?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

How can you know that the Bible was written by men whom were inspired by God without resorting to the circular argument of, "Because the Bible said so"?

Because when God lives in you He confirms who He is and what He has done. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who is God. If you live with someone you get to know them.

Once again I'm going to say a word that many will find an faulty answer. But faith is something that God gives you and grows.

I imagine the very first time a surgeon performed an appendectomy he/she was nervous. Let him/her perform 300 of them and their confidence on the 301st appendectomy would be vastly greater than the 1st time.

Faith grows as God lives with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Because I have been likewise inspired--and recognition came with the inspiration. However, I recognize divine inspiration in almost all things--not all things are completely divine inspirations--but as the creations we all echo the Creator in our artistic and creative endeavors. The echo requires no acknowledgement--for the echo is the universal acknowledgement that is constant.

It is not the writer or the artist that has sole determination on what is divinely inspired--it requires a rendevous of spirit an mind--with the reader or appreciator who is also inspired by Diety...

Not 'like-minded' but 'same-minded.'

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join