It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gypsies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
A gypsy boy was at the Crucifixion of Jesus and he stole a spike that was intended to be driven through Jesus' foot. Jesus looked upon the boy and blessed him for stealing the spike and this is why to this day the Gypsies consider it fine to steal from the non-gypsies.

Interesting. When this topic of gypsies has come up before (apparently a lot of people still irrationaly hate them), that story was told, but it was that a gypsy was hired to make the nails, and he stole one.

Its stunning the stupid stories that people will make up to justify hating and hurting other people. "Killing Christ" was a charge leveled against the jews for generations in europe, and apparently lots of other peoples as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Gipsy people dont originate from Romania, ther origins are of indian type.
There is no conection to rom and romania, romania stands for rome and it's languege is latin, the only latin languege around east europe.
We do have alot of gipsys around here, I can not understand their languege but it does sound like indian.
I would becareful around them as we romanians are
here is u'r wallet 1 2 3 there go's u'r wallet, they usualy are good at doing tricks.
Some of them chose to educate but still many live primitive, we offered education to them but they usualy are not very receptive or for that matter.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i came across this site looking to trace my roots i have travelled when i was young and my perents travelled all their lives we are full gypsys from wales very proud of our roots ,
the languge still exists but i know of no one who can use every word now it is english/romany also it wasnt written down for my parents it was just past down so a lot of the words bettween each family is slightly different but on the whole each can usually work it out like when someone has a diffrent accent,
unfortunatly the gypsy race is in decline with the lack of stopping places and the need to send children to schools to give them a better life which makes the travellers stay in one place intermix which leads to intermarrage to gorgers= non gypsys and so it go`s on and the goverment encourages this to be able to make it easier to track them
for such things as income tax and road insurence etc there are no more basket makers, peg makes, no one hawking plates and cups,i havent seen any bill dropping for years,
there are bad and good gypsys stupid and bright , lazy and hard working,
it wasnt an easy life on the road my dad was one of ten and one of them died of stavation that was in the 1930`s

[edit on 1-6-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Wow, I have learned a lot from this thread. My great grandmother was a gypsy from Bohemia, or so I was told. My father doesn't know much about any of it, so it is interesting to see all this in this thread. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Exempt

The southern gypsies you are talking about are Irish Travellers and they speak "Cant" My grandmother spoke cant...only when she was really angry with my grandfather, she was Irish Traveller and he was Rom...I wasn't told I was gypsy until I was grown...though I was told I wasn't "introduced to shame" which apparently has something to do with if you are a real gypsy or not...basically my understanding is it is child rape. I'm very confussed about a lot of the gypsy stuff...I lived it, but didn't know it...my neighborhood has a lot of travellers and there are still plenty of young people, think "red-neck" that speak cant...but not around non gypsies or travellers. anyway gypsies speak-Rom and Irish Travellers (most gypsies in the south are Irish Traveller) speak Cant.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It really bothers me to hear about people that are wandering around the world, with no place of their own and then have rumors spread about the bad things they do.

They have a visible Rom poplulation in Chicago. They own the Psychic industry, I think.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I also have "gypsy blood"

As far as I know it's called Ramony/Ramoni and is not secret...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jonSUN

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jonSUN

Yes, I know a thing or two. My Great Great Grandmother was a Gypsy who escaped Hitler's wrath during WW2. Her heritage was Egyptian. She often spoke a language non of her family understood, but I doubt it was a secret language. There are may stories in our family of her magickal powers and how she could heal people by the laying on of hands. In my book, she was a great lady. I have a painting of her on my wall, dressed up in her finery. And no, they don't steal babies.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Are "Carni-workers" Gypsies? You know; the people that travel around setting up those crappy rides that are dangerous for kids and serve kettle corn thats addictive?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well jonSUN, I am 1/2 gypsy and my father is full blooded gypsy. When I was younger I thought my nationality was Indian, people always asked if I was and commented that I looked like I was, so me being young and not knowing, I said I was. It wasn't until I got older that I found out that I was gypsy, and my father explained the reasoning behind why I wasn't told when I was younger. He said that when he was a young boy, when people found out they (his 5 other brother and sister) were gypsy's they wouldn't let their children play with them. My father lived the gypsy life his whole childhood. His father was a thief and had a nose for money. Because of that my grandfather spent most of my dads life in prison. He led notorious groups of people. Very smart man. We do have a language, I guess it's called secret because no one uses it like Spanish, french etc. I've grown up on the language and speak it quite frequently. It's not a language that has it's own word for every English word like Spanish, but if you use it right, no one would figure what your saying. The part about stealing babies however is an ancient belief and in most cases are very true, but NOT for ALL gypsy's. My dad tells me stories how his cousins have been sold to other gypsy families, that of which my grandfather did not believe in so he kept them away from that side of the family. All religions have their own 'secrets' within them, but it's just the ones that are actually true that are intriguing. Despite how other people react to me telling them I am a gypsy, I'm very proud of what I am. & I'm glad people are so interested in it! Hope I helped answer your questions.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

&& the language is Rumney.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As I child I would see horse drawn wagon caravans in Mexico. They were Gypsies and had the Gypsy style. I can see now that it was a style from India and not Romania as I had sumised. They were dispised in Mexico and it seems they were forced to assimilate in to the culture. You may be dating a Gypsy and not even know it. Beware the Gypsy curse.
Thanks for all the info ATSers! I have wondered about this culture for years.
So lets use the other thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was hungry, and the Gypsies fed me.

I was cold, and the Gypsies warmed me.

I was alone, and the Gypsies held me.

Unlike mainstream societies, nomadic peoples, Gypsies, Roma, Pykies, Bedouine, Tuareg, Mursi et al, are not 'tied' to the land.

The nomadic principle is not territorial.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Gypsies in Ireland (Travellers, tinkers, knackers etc) speak Cant and Gammel. Don't know many words Beure = Girl Feen = Boy can't remember any more but a lot of those words have leaked into teenage irish slang (Feek is another word for sex or kissing) if you want to hear Irish travellers talking look them up on youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join