It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do missionaries sentence people to hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Say you have a tribe, a peoples, in somewhere where white people have not been. Deep Africa, Papa New Guinea, etc. If these natives never even heard the word of God, then surely they shouldn't go to hell? I mean, they don't even know that who Jesus is, how can they accept Him? I would like to believe that God makes allowances for them and doesn't suffer them to eternal damnation because some lazy white Christian didn't want to spread the word of God.

Accepting the premise that God doesn't sentence people to Hell who don't even know He exists, don't missionaries throw Hell into the mix, once they spread the word? Some will become Christians, some will not, but now that they have a choice, the ones who don't choose, will be killed and tortured for all eternity when Jesus comes back.

Weren't they better off when they didn't have a choice?

EDIT:
Never heard word of God=No Death and Eternal Torture
Choose God=No Death and Eternal Torture

Same? Why make people choose?

[edit on 8-12-2005 by curme]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Heres my 10 cents.
The people in question probaly think they have the word of god already via what ever form of reglion they may take part in. As for converting people to a differnt version of the NWO ehh I mean reglion thats swaping one form of brainwashing for another hardly an improvement. I dont believe in the afterlife so that answers the question about hell.

Even if your not an athiest like me history shows that people have done enough damage when they meddle in other cultures that should be reason enough to leave the tribes alone.

This is just my point of view if you choose to believe otherwise thats fine by me aslong as you dont expect me to subcribe to your beliefs.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Heres my 10 cents.
The people in question probaly think they have the word of god already via what ever form of reglion they may take part in. As for converting people to a differnt version of the NWO ehh I mean reglion thats swaping one form of brainwashing for another hardly an improvement. I dont believe in the afterlife so that answers the question about hell.

Even if your not an athiest like me history shows that people have done enough damage when they meddle in other cultures that should be reason enough to leave the tribes alone.

This is just my point of view if you choose to believe otherwise thats fine by me aslong as you dont expect me to subcribe to your beliefs.

just curious - if your a atheist why are you in this forum ?.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Say you have a tribe, a peoples, in somewhere where white people have not been. Deep Africa, Papa New Guinea, etc. If these natives never even heard the word of God, then surely they shouldn't go to hell? I mean, they don't even know that who Jesus is, how can they accept Him? I would like to believe that God makes allowances for them and doesn't suffer them to eternal damnation because some lazy white Christian didn't want to spread the word of God.

Accepting the premise that God doesn't sentence people to Hell who don't even know He exists, don't missionaries throw Hell into the mix, once they spread the word? Some will become Christians, some will not, but now that they have a choice, the ones who don't choose, will be killed and tortured for all eternity when Jesus comes back.

EDIT:

[edit on 8-12-2005 by curme]

your way off my friend , it doesnt work like that .

first you have the rapture , that happens before the antichrist comes.
when all who believe , that jesus died for our sins , will go to heaven.

then you have tribulations - thats after the antichrist comes ,
even during the rule of the antichrist , people will have a second chance to
come to God.

as for a tribe that lives in the jungle , they wont go untouched by the word
of God and on the bad side of it , they will also know the word of the antichrist. No man on earth will be untouched . - you have to remember this is going to be the ultimate show down between God / satan.
that will take a few years to Fullfill.

And if you want to put it in a past or nowadays perspective .
if your in a tribe living in the jungle and you never knew about God and then you die . . you will be judged in the end times according to how you lived your life..wether you did good or bad . every person on earth knows the difference between good or bad. its instinctive / Gut feeling ...
its there for a reason.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
If these natives never even heard the word of God . .. .. .. .

Guess your God is inept to have included them in existance for they evidently are natives to what does not exist?

Why would you choose to deny them the choice?

EDIT:

Why is either choice made equal to eternal torture and never dying?

How can you have equality if no choice is chosen, when existance was the result of a choice? If one made a choice and you choose equality, then a choice must be made.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
just curious - if your a atheist why are you in this forum ?.

I try to understand how any one could have such a differnt set of beliefs to me and I try to add a healthy dose of logic to the debates.
Cheers Xpert11.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

John 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Even those on white-man-forsaken remote locations--they, too, are born with a certain light within themselves. To go about forcing one's theology on those who, up until then, were blissfully ignorant of such machinations of man performed in the name of 'god'--that's not spreading the word, it is forcing the issue upon those who had no issue in the first place. It's not 'peace' and its not 'good will.' It's just plain egotistical oppression--the same sort which resulted in the biggest genocide in the history of man--that of the American Indian.

[edit on 12/9/2005 by queenannie38]

top topics

join