It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKKwanzaa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is crazy, this is like having to learn about 'black history' month, i wouldnt of resented it so much if they gave the option to the white kids to opt out, or at least have a similuar european history curriculum for them to learn, and there is plenty of it to learn. When do us whites get our history month since ever view point except ours is being represneted, where is the equality in that?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
This is crazy, this is like having to learn about 'black history' month, i wouldnt of resented it so much if they gave the option to the white kids to opt out, or at least have a similuar european history curriculum for them to learn, and there is plenty of it to learn. When do us whites get our history month since ever view point except ours is being represneted, where is the equality in that?

ok, this post i have to disagree with, because from what i remember in school, every day was white history day. i dont mind learning about other cultures at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There's an Elmo Christmas DVD that I got for my kids, that teaches them about Christmas around the world and how it's celebrated.

Kwanzaa was depicted as the African version of Christmas on it. It seemd fine, but didn't mention anything about the meaning behind the colours.

Thanks for info as I had no idea about it's origin.

Nationalism and extremists are not what Sesame Street was about when I was a kid.

Things change I guess? Or perhaps as you get older you start to pay a little more attention.

The letter was very well written.

Thanks again.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Grimholt]

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Kwanza is evil. That's all it is ... evil and full of lies.
It isn't African. It's garbage started by an evil man in the 1960's.
The biggest problem with Kwanza, at least as far as I'm
concerned, is that black Americans who used to worship
Christ at Christmas are now worshipping black people
instead of the Son of God. AND ... they have no clue that
the Devil is VERY happy about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I grew up in Brooklyn where I first learned about Kwanzaa and from my understanding, it isn't a religious holiday at all but a harvest festival. Something to celebrate the bounty of your labor type thing.

Everyone that I know who actually celebrates Kwanzaa also celebrates Christmas...but again this could be because these people are not American blacks, but West Indian blacks and from the Caribbean and are Christian, Catholic or Anglicans.

I'm not sure how Kwanzaa got mixed up with Christmas, but I would have no problem with my child learning about Kwanzaa if it was taught in school in the right perspective, which is that it is not a Black Christmas replacement.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm with worldwatcher here.

I don't object to them hearing of it, studying it, etc. Having kids sing all the songs etc. is what grates on my nerves here.

But I bet they don't spend that kind of time on how Christians see Luke 2 as fulfilling prophecies from the books of Isaiah, Micah, and Zechariah.

I bet they don't spend the same kind of time talking about the roots of Hannukah, how Antiochus IV was forcing Jews to deny their faith, and how this holiday sets the seal on the other 6 jewish high holy days, and creates a "holy week" through the year.

Bet they didn't do that.

Altogether, the whole thing makes me glad my kids go to private school.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i believe this resentment to singing a song has more to do with the subconscious wish that you do not want your daughter to associate with black people when she grows up. furthermore, there is nothing wrong with that. we have the freedom to associate with whomever we chose. however, associating with particular people could also have repurcussions.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
I for one would rather die a terrible death than to live in this alter reality that people are trying to create where we substitue lies for truth.

It sounds like you're strong on your faith, so I feel comfortable testing you on this statement's "metal", as you've analogously put it. What have you told your daughter about Santa Clause?

It sounds like you've done a great deal of research on Kwanzaa, much more than I have, so that's certainly commendable I think.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
i believe this resentment to singing a song has more to do with the subconscious wish that you do not want your daughter to associate with black people when she grows up.

So, anyone who isn't an enthusiastic supporter of Kwanzaa is a white separatist??????

What about the black leaders cited previously who are opponents of Kwanzaa? Are they white separatists, too?

I think this resentment of other people's attitudes toward an ersatz holiday has more to do with your subconscious wish to pass judgment on people you don't even know. ESPECIALLY the white ones.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You have voted Graystar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Awesome work.

--Boat

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
While I agree completely with the letter and want to give you a huge pat on the back for standing up against this, my only question is how you wrote the letter on the 11th, if today is the 7th?

Sorry, but if I say much about "Kwanzaa" I'm just gonna end up pissed off.

ur right dude I read the date backwards on ats it said 7-12 I was not paying attention sorry about that it should be the seventh

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yetichi
i believe this resentment to singing a song has more to do with the subconscious wish that you do not want your daughter to associate with black people when she grows up. furthermore, there is nothing wrong with that. we have the freedom to associate with whomever we chose. however, associating with particular people could also have repurcussions.

Thats a pretty big presumtion you have made there my friend considering that it was a black woman who lead me to Jesus Christ . And It was A black woman Who I adopted as my mother. And it was my family who disowned me for having becoming attached to a Black family. And it just so happens that I find black gospel music to be some of the most glorifying music in the world. And it just so happens that i would spend many sundays in a completely black church where I would be the only white face within hundreds. Just thought you should know. Still think I have some underlieing racism?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I for one would rather die a terrible death than to live in this alter reality that people are trying to create where we substitue lies for truth.

It sounds like you're strong on your faith, so I feel comfortable testing you on this statement's "metal", as you've analogously put it. What have you told your daughter about Santa Clause?

It sounds like you've done a great deal of research on Kwanzaa, much more than I have, so that's certainly commendable I think.

I suppose that if Santa had spent 4 years in prison for torturing two black women that I would have to rip him too. But just so you know, I understand the concept of setting up straw men and knocking them down.
That is exactly what you've done. Congradulations

thanks for the commendation though at the end

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Graystar]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
well folks as it stands and the votes aren't all in yet but Kayla will be switched to another kindergarten class to learn either the Hannekauh or christmas parts. but it gets even better, other parents are now up in arms.
Stay tuned!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Graystar: If it were my son I'd send a letter to school requesting that if he wants, to be excluded from this so called function on the grounds that your child does not need any of this "socical tolerence training" More and more of this is going on and yet, parents are scared to death to stand up to this stuff. If you do not stand up for what you believe is right, everyone will not walk but trample you. Good luck and I'd like to hear a follow-up.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I suppose that if Santa had spent 4 years in prison for torturing two black women that I would have to rip him too. But just so you know, I understand the concept of setting up straw men and knocking them down.
That is exactly what you've done. Congradulations

I didn't mean to go off topic. I wanted to see how far you carried that statement about standing by the truth. I made it open ended, "What do you tell your daughter about Santa?" to not steer it for any answer in particular. I was really interested. Pardon if it appeared to be an angle or spin tactic, but that's not the intention.

thanks for the commendation though at the end

It's well deserved, especially after reading your testimony on another thread. Powerful stuff! If people don't see that then they're truly walking around in the dark.

I like this statement too:

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
If you do not stand up for what you believe is right, everyone will not walk but trample you.

[edit on 8-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

ok, this post i have to disagree with, because from what i remember in school, every day was white history day. i dont mind learning about other cultures at all.

Ok, isnt this a bit arrogant" all history is white history" that isnt true at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Ok, isnt this a bit arrogant" all history is white history" that isnt true at all.

are you really so ignorant that you can not distinguish a remark about our school systems concentration on the history of white americans from "all history is white history?"

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There is no black history, there is no white history, there is only history period.

In the end our schools and overall establisment behind the books that teach history do a piss poor job on all fronts. Rarely is information factual, its almost always skewed to favor our country or our area. Many times though its just plain wrong and made up with no supporting facts.

Kwanzaa is one case where almost EVERYONE got it wrong.

Christmas overall is taught wrong, even in churches.

Over time (and quickly as of late) we have a really nasty habit of forgetting true history and making up something that sounds better to fill the gaps.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I actually had an arguement with a black co-worker about this. I explained to her than Kwanzaa was neither African nor traditional. She was interested in seeking out her heritage, and I explained this was not the way to go, that there were a mul;titude of bona fide Pagan African celebrations and traditions to enjoy around this time of year.

I think Kwanzaa is pure blacksploitation committed by another African American on an unsuspecting black American population who are hungry to get in touch with their roots. This is a horrible fraud committed on genuine people who are honestly seeking to get in touch with their heritage who have no desire to follow Christianity.

I urge any persons of African decent to search out REAL African winter festivals if you want to get in touch with your pre Christian/Slave roots.

And while I think Kwanzaa should be left out of school curriculum, the same goes for Christian, jewish, Muslim, and Pagan traditions as well. Keep the religon at home please, where it belongs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join