It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice from within?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Last night while I was lying on my couch watching TV...I suddenly heard a voice....It said: What are you doing!!

In a way that sounded very commanding! And the strange thing about this voice was that it sounded exactly like me!?

Made me wonder if it was my sub conscious talking to me..

Anyways...has anyone had a similar experience?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why yes, yes I have. Mine didn't sound like me though. Anyways here is the post from when I heard my 'voice from within':

Great, Now I'm Hearing Things...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i read an interesting article in i believe the scientific american (recent) that mentioned a connection between hearing voices and schizophrenia (sp?)

it mentioned that sometimes the voices you hear are actually your own, but you just dont recognize it, its a malfunction in the brain that allows you to monitor your own actions.

might want to look into it

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It was the first thing that came to my mind, but I don't think I'm crazy. I only heard the voice once. It's not like a regular occurance or anything.

From taking this personality disorder test , though, apparently I may be:

Disorder------------------------------Rating
Paranoid Personality Disorder: Very High
Schizoid Personality Disorder: Moderate
Schizotypal Personality Disorder: High
Antisocial Personality Disorder: High
Borderline Personality Disorder: Moderate
Histrionic Personality Disorder: High
Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Very High
Avoidant Personality Disorder: High
Dependent Personality Disorder: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: High

I encourage everyone else to take it as well. You may be crazier than you think

Edit: Hmm, I'll just make a BTS thread for everyone to post their results on:
You may be crazier than you think...

[edit on 8-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
About six months ago me and my girlfriend had just broken up and I was feeling really down. I was laying in my bed thinking all the "classic" stuff.."she's all I got, I have nothing left to live for" and all that stuff. Then I heard a voice, my voice, whispering "Your Heaven is inside of yourself" (well, I'm from Norway, so it obviously said it in Norwegian
). I figured it was some kind of defense system to give me hope and guide me. Maybe that is what happened to you...maybe your subconcious isn't happy about a certain aspect of your life and is trying to guide you. I don't know...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grand Alchemist
About six months ago me and my girlfriend had just broken up and I was feeling really down. I was laying in my bed thinking all the "classic" stuff.."she's all I got, I have nothing left to live for" and all that stuff. Then I heard a voice, my voice, whispering "Your Heaven is inside of yourself" (well, I'm from Norway, so it obviously said it in Norwegian
). I figured it was some kind of defense system to give me hope and guide me. Maybe that is what happened to you...maybe your subconcious isn't happy about a certain aspect of your life and is trying to guide you. I don't know...

I think you're right on the money!!

Matter of fact...I broke up with my girlfriend some six weeks ago...

And i'm from Sweden!!
(and yes..the voice spoke the Chef's swedish perfectly
)

Soo..maybe this is some crazy # we scandinavians develop when stressed out

[edit on 8-12-2005 by spirit2]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
all of us have the potential to split into different parts of ourselves it depends on how much manipulation to your centre personality you have experienced.i have gone through severe amounts of mental stress and manipulation from myself and others i began to talk to myself on my different views while experimenting with drugs that would open my inner darkness so to speak.see i try to dip into many different fields of information and i am conflited sometimes.anyway after long periods of experimentation i developed different personalities that would represent what i felt on certain matters and i would eventually argue with myself on these matters in my head.i even started getting amnesiac and schitzophrenic(Spelling?) once the fragile borders of our minds are stretched and scewd it is rather difficult to look at yourself and the world in the same way.be careful what happens trust me i could go into more detail
but it wouldnt serve my purpose here.just know that i am better now..most of it was in my head hehe...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's all in our heads.

new topics

top topics

join